Quantcast

Otis

splat

Nam I am
Otis air force base on cape cod. after yesterday of riding on 5 inchs of solid Ice , today was quite a treat too. Dry snow free trails

we went down as a group of 4 , Me , BADdna , Berkshire_rider and TuurnerGirl.
this would be The maiden Voyage fot BadDNA's new Big hit.

any way , here is Berkshire rider starting things off with and Up and over .

The We found a Small launch , Berkshire Rider

TurnerGirl followed .

But was going a bit too fast.

Here is BadDNA with the new rig , rolling .

fun

then we found this fun little stunt

BAd stitching job , but you get the idea .

View from the bottom

We then would run Into CP, Rich and Carol.

Carol into somoe rocks

Rich Getting some air

CP on his ridgid 29er.

group shot

Berkshire_rider hitting a SMall drop on to Ice.

Made a Horrible sound on landing , Uhhhh We have a problem here.

at this point our grup split up and we high tailed it out to get the truck and pick up Berkshire rider,

Think this trail has an erosion problem ???

But it was a Fun 4 hour ride!

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
Great ride today, thanks everyone for coming.
That was a blast! BadDNA did an awesome job on surviving lots of XC (mixed in with some wicked fun stunts and drops) on the new Big Hit. There would have been much cursing had the Silver Turtle come and convinced me to bring my Big Hit. Oh, I envy the Rohloff... BTW, thanks for driving us down - coming from the Worcester area, the ride to the Cape to escape the snow was well worth it...but especially when being chauffered!

Berkshire Rider, we're all thrilled that the Enduro gave way when it did and not off some of the bigger stuff we hit. Glad you came away in one piece! :thumb: BTW, I thought he said "more speed" instead of "scrub speed" in my addition to the crash thread...hard to hear in those full face helmet apparently :rolleyes:

Splat, as usual, thanks for the pics

Good times :biggrin:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
The heart of Patriots Country

30 Miles SW of Boston
Just out of curiosity, what town do you actually live in? My whole family lives in Mass basically...Mom is from Eastie and Dad is from Revere. A lot of my family lives in Lynn and that area, friends in Acton. My brother goes to Haaavaahhd.

Anyway, nice pics!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Oh Snap! literally. Steve, will you be putting the Craftworks back into commission now?

Glad you didn't get hurt at least, but ouch on those chainstays. ugh.
Nice pics splat and Steve!!

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Nice pics, very cool to find some dry land in the NE right now. I used to travel out to the Cape all the time...never knew there was much for trails there.

I love the rigid Haro 29er. One of the Mary's right?

Bummer about busting the Specialized...but that means a new bike for you!! Always a bright side. I busted the chainstay on my Dakar a couple years ago, and of course it happened about 10 miles from the trailhead. Least you were close to the vehicles when it happened.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Oh Snap! literally. Steve, will you be putting the Craftworks back into commission now?

Glad you didn't get hurt at least, but ouch on those chainstays. ugh.
Nice pics splat and Steve!!
The Craftworks will be back in the lineup soon, but not right away. Milford bike has some Jamis Dakar demo's right now i can use if I ride this week.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Bummer about busting the Specialized...but that means a new bike for you!! Always a bright side. I busted the chainstay on my Dakar a couple years ago, and of course it happened about 10 miles from the trailhead. Least you were close to the vehicles when it happened.
Specialized has a known, ungoing problem with the rear chainstay welds on the SX Trail's and Enduro's. They have been honoring the warranties, no questions asked. The new rear triangles have been reinforced and are supposed to correct the issue.

Two of the regular's I ride with have broken multiple chainstays, one also broke both at the same time. :disgust1:

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
After the rides I've had down there in the summer, I have to disagree. I think it's great when the ground's frozen and there's too much snow up here, but summertime I wasn't very thrilled with the trails down there. I'd rather ride up in our neck of the woods than to make the trip down there just to ride Otis. (just my opinion)

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
After the rides I've had down there in the summer, I have to disagree. I think it's great when the ground's frozen and there's too much snow up here, but summertime I wasn't very thrilled with the trails down there. I'd rather ride up in our neck of the woods than to make the trip down there just to ride Otis. (just my opinion)

I have disagree with your disagreement. You could easily make a weekend on the cape with riding by going to Otis one day and Trail of Tears the next. Don't let NEMBAfest fool you about ToT, there's a nice 20 or so mile XC loop in there if you actually start at the trail head as opposed to 4 miles away.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
May not have to go that far, unless we get more snow. Not sure where we plan on riding this weekend? - but if you go, take 495/25 over the Bourne bridge. take 28 south. Get off 28 at the exit for Rte. 151. Take a right at the bottom of the ramp so you are going East on 151, and just after you go back under 28, the trailhead is on your left by a pile of sand. Should be other cars parked there, as well.