Quantcast

Ovens

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have been looking for a Gas Range with a split High temp oven and a proofer on the other side. I don't want separates as my kitchen is small and has a stupid vent setup. What setups do you all have. I bake a fair amount and want to be able to bake at 800degF.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Are there "consumer" ovens that go to 800 without hacking them? Is there anything besides pizza/ breads that cooking at 800 is used for?

Good luck! Enjoying seeing the cooking ideas

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
this is my first question as well.

the hottest oven i had in any of my residence only went to 600°F, and that was a convection oven.
Well based on my travels I will not be buying a consumer oven.

I want this stove. I may need to buy it in Canada and smuggle it to the States. It fits my space and is awesome.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well based on my travels I will not be buying a consumer oven.

I want this stove. I may need to buy it in Canada and smuggle it to the States. It fits my space and is awesome.

Just stay up here. I will personally taste test all of your foods.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
But pizza>anything else.

Yes, you want 800°, be able to put a stone in there and cook some goddamn pizza.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
But pizza>anything else.

Yes, you want 800°, be able to put a stone in there and cook some goddamn pizza.
I have access to a coal/gas fired oven 2/10 of a mile from my house. It burns 24/7 in my friends backyard. We have proofing capabilities and 100lb Hobart mixer in the adjacent garage. I am hooked up to say the least. I will take pics of the pizza I will bake tomorrow and post them here....

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Sounds like it, those things have to be going all the time. Nice.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Sounds like it, those things have to be going all the time. Nice.
What happens is. Every time I go to use the oven I have to go early, build or stoke the fire. Waste large amounts of time helping others learn how to use the oven. Teach them about making dough. Clean the deck. Adjust the damper. Clean up the mess the previous users made. Teach them how to make sauce. Let them use my peels. Close the gate when they leave it open. Somebody cooked a chicken on the deck instead of a Pan. Mind you I have 10 Iron pans imported from Sicily at great expense and effort to procure. A bag of flour costs $80. A box of San Marazanos costs $45. Olive oil ain't cheap. I have to deal with errant dogs, errant children, mad neighbors. The other day my friends child was playing with the brick key. Ruined. $190 to have one sent from Italy to here. Open tins of sardines and olives in the cooler. Yeast left next to the mixer. All dead $50.