Quantcast

Owned myself again.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
And this one is going to cost me money, the last time it was just a custom title.

This time:

I accidently backed my car into a large rock or small boulder(your call) due to the schools lack luster lighting in the quad parking lot. When backing out of the parking spot(Had to pick up a friend, I'm paying attention on getting out of the spot, cutting the wheel to get out I jerk to a sudden stop hearing a loud scraping sound, did not see the small boulder due to no lighting in the parking lot. Get car off rock stop and take a look at the damage and sure enough, I put two gouges in the left side of the rear bumper and scuffed the same side all to hell. Have to go under the car tomorrow to make sure I didn't break any mounts. The car is driveable, no metal damage and no broken tail lights, just bruised pride(Again.) So to sum it all up I am quite ticked off about it right now.

Me -----> :nuts: <-----Me

J

JRB

You're getting good at it though. Bummer on the car. I have owned myself pretty bad a few times. The worst was tying a really calm horse to the brush guard. He became uncalm to my hood. About $1850 worth of uncalm. State Farm hated my for that.

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
I know plenty of people that have cars that fall apart on their own account. they need no help from small bolders ( :nopity: ) so look on the bright side: you don't have the kind of car that you have to re-duct tape the muffler on every week.

sorry to hear that man, hope the car turns out to be alright

Rip said:
And this one is going to cost me money, the last time it was just a custom title.

This time:

I accidently backed my car into a large rock or small boulder(your call) due to the schools lack luster lighting in the quad parking lot. When backing out of the parking spot(Had to pick up a friend, I'm paying attention on getting out of the spot, cutting the wheel to get out I jerk. to a sudden stop hearing a loud scraping sound, did not see the small boulder due to no lighting in the parking lot. Get car off .rock stop and take a look at the damage and sure enough, I put two gouges in the. left side of the rear .bumper and scuffed the same side all to hell. Have to go under the car tomorrow to make sure I didn't break any mounts. The car is driveable, no metal damage and no broken tail lights, just bruised pride(Again.) So to sum it all up I am quite ticked off about it right now.

All text of any note has been highlighted for clarity. :rolleyes:

Come on now, sounds like it's nothing a few stickers can't fix! :p

Seriously though, bummer man. I drove my truck into the cement barrier around a light pole a while back. I thought I'd hit the parking scurb before I got close enough to have to worry about it. It was like, BAM! I rolled back, got out of the truck and was like "Ah cra*! I can't believe I just did that." :rolleyes:

J

JRB

Maybe someone has backed their new Sportworks rack into a telephone pole and they would like to tell about it so Rip doesn't look like the only dumbass.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Sad thing is, I openly admitted to me being a dumbass with this. The fact is I'm a really good driver who has a clean drivers record, never recieved a ticket or warning even.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Rip said:

This time:

I accidently backed my car into a large rock or small boulder(your call) due to the schools lack luster lighting in the quad parking lot. When backing out of the parking spot(Had to pick up a friend, I'm paying attention on getting out of the spot, cutting the wheel to get out I jerk to a sudden stop hearing a loud scraping sound, did not see the small boulder due to no lighting in the parking lot. Get car off rock stop and take a look at the damage and sure enough, I put two gouges in the left side of the rear bumper and scuffed the same side all to hell. Have to go under the car tomorrow to make sure I didn't break any mounts. The car is driveable, no metal damage and no broken tail lights, just bruised pride(Again.) So to sum it all up I am quite ticked off about it right now.

I misssed how you got your custom title, please fill me in w/that info!

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I got it because in one of RM's threads I told loco-gringo to be careful because RM could change his title from Ball Fondler to Ball Sucker. Two minutes later, Ball Sucker Appeared as my custom title instead.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Shut up...just...shut up...I'm telling you...the blind spots are BAD in my jeep...but my friend's gonna heat up the rack and bend it back...

FRIEND'S = friend is

Cool - glad they can fix it. I thought it couldn't be too bad.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
dh girlie said:
Shut up...just...shut up...I'm telling you...the blind spots are BAD in my jeep...but my friends gonna heat up the rack and bend it back...
Again for clarity... (sounds HAWT! :p)

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
thank you grammar police...well it just got bent and did not crack. I might have him weld it too just for extra reinforcement...stoked I don't have to buy any new parts.
Yeah - I was even thinking that a shop could make it even stronger than original parts anyway. Could you tell the story again though? We want Rip to feel better.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dh girlie said:
:rolleyes: NO...guys that have driven my car say the same thing...

I just asked a coworker, who has the same style jeep as you
me: "do you have a problem backing up, bad blind spots"

answer: "Nope"

note: she is a brunette