Quantcast

Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer IS NOT GOOD!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Westy said:
Despite the drawbacks I look forward to going there again.
There's a new place opening in Alexandria that should be good. According to the mailing they'll have "more than 250 in the bottle and 30 on tap." I'm familiar with the place's buyer and it should prove to be a great list.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
There is a difference between being a beer snob and knowing the difference between swill and beer. That said I bet a lot of people could call me a beer snob:rolleyes:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I think most, if not all people, started out drinking cheap stuff out of the 30 packs - Bud, Miller, Coors, PBR, etc. and then moved on to "real" beer after trying the better stuff, and they could also easily afford it. We used to drink Busch bar bottles and Keystone cans at college, both were ~ 9.99 a case with tax and deposit.

I'm all about micro-brews and IPA's now. mmmmm Cask Conditioned. :drool:

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
Well for all you naysayers, there is a little saying that goes along with PBR that you've never heard before. Let's see if one of you beer of the month club fags knows what I'm talking about before I explain.... "Poverty with a view"

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
woof said:
Well for all you naysayers, there is a little saying that goes along with PBR that you've never heard before. Let's see if one of you beer of the month club fags knows what I'm talking about before I explain.... "Poverty with a view"
i'd rather drive a crappy car than drink crappy beer.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
the only cool thing about Pabst was that Mikey Spillane's favorite PI - Mike Hammer - used to drink it in the books. And the books rule, baby. No movie or series ever came close.

Now, aside from that being an early form of product placement and a sure sign of the evil times a'comin', I have to say, it tastes like death warmed over.

Of course, I say that of ALL mass-produced American or Canadian beers.

Yessiree. Death warmed over.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Even when the wallet is empty PBR is never a viable option, tried one sip back in highschool, never again. I won't even drink Bud or Coors if I can avoid it. Being broke is a reason to drink water, not cheap beer, now pardon me I need to finish a Fat Tire.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Whoa!

I thought this thread just got deleted, not moved. Wierd that it still exists.

PBR is piss tho.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
For piss beer it's the tit's. Nothing like a case of peebers for the late night action after you are already good and wasted and just trying to rage 'til dawn or something. Also, pretty damn refreshing in the hot days of summer. Screw the recent trendy factor, I've been drinking the peebs since the early 90's. I'm a total beer snob too, but sometimes piss is in order, and peebers it is!

Oh, and fat tire is HIGHLY over rated. Belgian Brewing makes much better brews than the tire.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
narlus said:
hipster doofus-wannabes extol the virtures of PBR.

however, i do rock the chuck taylors and have been for the last 15 years or so
I see you have excellent taste in footwear as well as music.

Been rockin' my lowtop chucks longer than I can remember.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
BeerDemon said:
The real news here is that BS is right about something.
LOL. It's true. We drank it once at a burrito place in Portland because it was the only beer they had, and it did suck.

Converse suck too. BS is on a streak today.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
woof said:
Get a ****in job you looser.