Quantcast

PacNW Monkeys in WA

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Given that the thermometer just kept rising as I went over Stevens pass and down, and that it was predicted to be in the mid to upper 90s, I thought this had the potential to be a deathride, with a name like "Devils Gulch". I prehyrated like crazy (also cuz the beers from the night before) and took too small frozen 16 oz bottles in addition to my 100oz camelback. I started early around 845 I think, so it was nice and cool and my the time it was warming, I was getting pretty high up. Relied on evaporative cooling on the way down, dunked myself in the creek on purpose at one point just for that. If you didn't have water and were waking, things could get scary fast (but there's running water).

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It's a 3 hr drive NE of Yakima. Theres good (varying levels of good) trails around Spokane like Beacon Hill, The Bluffs, Mt Spokane, and Riverside State Park. Plus theres trails in Coeur d'alene I hear tell. BUT if you want to hear the truth... Fuckin bounce out of Spokane ASAP and head for Nordman Idaho. Find a camping site at Reeder Bay or Beaver Creek. Then go ride the Lakeshore trail, the Upper lake stuff to Gold Creek Rd and Trail 302 down the east side of the upper lake. Plus the PlowBoy Mtn and Lakeview Mtn. All of that would be more than a couple days of riding. Best trails in the Northwest.. perhaps.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I usually ride Beacon Hill area in the evenings after our meetings, will be visiting parents in Richland in Mid October and will be looking for for fun trails then too. I've pedaled State Patrol and meh...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Little unedited vid today from Bellingham. Did a big loop with this at the end, but this part was so fun that after 5 Guys burger and fries, I had to climb back up and do these two trails (Double Black and Double Down) again. The black diamonds kind of confused me since the trail is called Double Diamond. Anyways, this is probably my favorite kind of riding :D

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I usually ride Beacon Hill area in the evenings after our meetings, will be visiting parents in Richland in Mid October and will be looking for for fun trails then too. I've pedaled State Patrol and meh...
Well if your in Richland and have time, swing by. If work or wife allow I should be able to sneak out and show you some goodies.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
When I rode out there I opted for mission ridge. Loose and sandy, devil's may have been moar fun, but mission had killer views and knife edge ridge line.
I remember crossing Mission and yep, looked dusty.

I liked the ride though. No bullshit. 4000' gradual climb with easy grades followed by 4000' descent. Worked out great. Not necessarily my favorite ride while I was there, but a good one for sure. Talked to a local at the top that told me about some even bigger options that are possible.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
And I finally spliced together my 2nd run ever on Predator, but the damn chest mount bounces around way too much. I tried it without the extra battery pack a few weeks ago and still get the same thing. I'm not sure how people get these much smoother videos.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Dude Pete, yes bring a trail bike. We've been building some fun xc trails the last few years.

Bring a dj and I can show you the trails but won't be riding jumps until my arm heals more. I can ride the xc stuff though. Maybe by spring I'll be back in action.