Quantcast

***Pad Thai Tuesday***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up at 5 because the dog had to pee. Bedroom #1 painted. #2 to be done today. Sears is cash strapped and having another monster sale with tools 30% off. I don't really *need* one, but I now own a 12" miter saw, because projects. @Nick

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
lols. was just informed that I cannot use my 2017 vacation time for the first week of 2018 (after my manager said it was A-Okay). Welp, I guess I have to find a way to take 2 weeks off before Christmas.

NBD, not my problem, really. But kind of fucks over time for next summer... :nopity:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yay, PT done, got 3 new exercises for creating my buns of steel. Good appointment, learned a lot and I have regained a lot of pain free motion over the last few weeks thanks to chiropractor, acupuncture, and core exercises. This is great news and I hope to be at 100% in a few weeks. Just in time for time on the indoor trainer. :D

If things progress well, I see a new(ish) bikey this winter.

FTFY.
Miter saw is a cornerstone of DIY home ownership. I only regret not getting a sliding one.
I still need one of these. I just deal with my circular and table saw, but I could really use a good miter.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Pretty sure I've consumed 6 gallons of coffee today and it still has yet to take effect, which is weird as I had a good sleep last night. Just can't seem to get that fix I long for....

However, KMFDM on the radio at work is keeping me alive, for now...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode with a group tonight. 9.5m in 42F and light rain, fun on wet rocks and roots. Cold as fcuk but would bang again. Now not in a mood for G&Ts, feels like a Poitin type of night.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dude. I need to borrow that. :thumb:
Will loan for blades.:brows:

But in all seriousness, you'll actually need to get specific blade for the bamboo. Standard blades rip it apart. You will need the diamond edge, smooth cut type blade.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I still need one of these. I just deal with my circular and table saw, but I could really use a good miter.
A table gets you most of the way there anyways. When the option is table vs circular or miter vs circular and it's always not circular, you have the right tool.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
A table gets you most of the way there anyways. When the option is table vs circular or miter vs circular and it's always not circular, you have the right tool.
I picked up the Porter Cable 20v Lipo set with the small circular (5" or maybe 4.5?) and a ghetto straight edge clamp. It works for most stuff. If I could ever get my garage in order, I might have room for the tools I have now. :rofl: