Quantcast

pads

nervous_john

Chimp
May 31, 2004
In my opinion- all of it. Fullface helmet, chest, arms, knee/shins and if you have them armored shorts. Getting up and laughing after a crash because your armor saved your ass is much better than limping down the hill bruised and bleeding because you didn't wear it. Plus you can ride a bit harder because you're not worried about all those pointy rocks that you could fall on piercing your spleen.

They rent elbow, chest, knee shin, and full face helmets for a reasonable price if you are without. Hope I helped.

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
Yeah, definatley full pads. Diablo may not look bad at first glance but it eats up riders and bikes bad. Mostly because it's so GD rocky, but I think it may also have something to do with the Diablo Devil Shawn has roaming around the trails. But either way, it's always a good idea to go full pads. You'll see a lot of racer-type guys sporting little or no pads, which to me is just asking for trouble. I'm sure I could get away with no pads for 99% of my riding there, but it's that one bad fall that will make you wish you had them.