Quantcast

paging dr. woo...dr. woo to the er plz

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
apparently landing the pro line gap. response to my text asking how he was: "Not sure yet haven't gone to the hospital but I can't drive and my back is fubar so much road rash on back legs and arms. Fucking insane wreck and sound of the bars breaking I'll never forget."

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
older enve dh
I don't run enves, but is he on the Steve Peat Syndicate or is that a used SPS rider's bike?
It's probably fair to provide some context here, I know a guy on that gig and he is absolutely insane - to the point where I'd be equally insane to buy a used bike off him, but downright stupid to not replace the bars.

Carbon bars are one of those things where if you're smart about it they're reasonably safe.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
it was this gap...he's a good rider but not a racer / sps member...not sure where he got the bike/bars but he's had that setup for at least 3 years and put in laps from here to whistler on it.

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Glad he's pretty much ok, but damn, I wouldn't do that shit on ANY 3-year old bar. Carbon, aluminum, steel, regardless - no friggin' way. And if it was used to begin with? :crazy:

Bars are easy and relatively cheap to replace. Do it every year kids.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
OK, so I saw the vid made by the rider behind him - it was on this gap, not the slightly bigger (but wider open) one further down the course. poor guy's lucky he didn't also get landed on to add insult to injury! Said he's off crabon bars on the dh bike for good!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
OK, so I saw the vid made by the rider behind him - it was on this gap, not the slightly bigger (but wider open) one further down the course. poor guy's lucky he didn't also get landed on to add insult to injury! Said he's off crabon bars on the dh bike for good!
wait, there is video of this event that HASN'T been shared here yet???

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
not sure where he got the bike/bars but he's had that setup for at least 3 years and put in laps from here to whistler on it.
He clearly didn't add sun screen to the bar before each ride.:D

There you have it. Aren't people here suggesting changing bars, even aluminium ones, at least every second season? We don't even know if the bars were used even longer. And if the guy is riding that thing hard and is therefore probably crashing frequently, I am not too surprised that the bars failed at a certain point.

Last edited: