Quantcast

paging dr. woo...dr. woo to the er plz

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
i heard aluminum frames cost less.

woo- i guarantee any dh frame made of carbon also would be cracked at this time (ok maybe not the old carbon V10).

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
woo- i guarantee any dh frame made of carbon also would be cracked at this time (ok maybe not the old carbon V10).
That wasn't what I was after. More like 'would you have eaten shit if not on a twitchy little 30lb trail bike you were rallying like it was a dh bike' ;)

Glad the frame took that instead of your head. Minnaar has set the standard though. Something to aspire to maybe.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
If I ever see anyone here involved with a patent for hexagonal steerer tubes/stems/upper headset bearing adapters, I'm gonna crowdfund a trip to your location to have Floyd Mayweather punch you in the nuts for 30 straight minutes.
Is this before or after he dances around him for 36 straight minutes.

Also, I believe this is referred to nowadays as a massage.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
I can verify 100% that same type of compacting machine was used on our IMBA 'trails' here (along with 2 other bobcat machines). I use the term 'trails' lightly. And yes, they actually did remove all the rocks. You can get through the trail quicker on a road bike (true story, I tried it).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I can verify 100% that same type of compacting machine was used on our IMBA 'trails' here (along with 2 other bobcat machines). I use the term 'trails' lightly. And yes, they actually did remove all the rocks. You can get through the trail quicker on a road bike (true story, I tried it).
Let me guess. Dagmar?

Coming up to Jefferson anytime soon?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
i heard aluminum frames cost less.

It's a good thing you at least saved all that weight with the carbon frame.

*looks up a Wreckoning frame weight*

Oh.

:D

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Let me guess. Dagmar?

Coming up to Jefferson anytime soon?
I rode there a few times in the last few weeks. Shoot me a DM with #, I can ride there next week and have a light.

And yes, and also the Don when they did the initial builds. Witnessed it first hand, had some choice words.

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
How much is an IMBA membership? They'll remove all the rocks from your local trails so you can crash your carbon bike to your hearts content without a worry in the world.
Props for the truth, unfortunately.....

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
It never gets old how you ran straight to the bike to check on it, and then ask him if he's hurt only afterwards. Can relate, to be honest.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
It never gets old how you ran straight to the bike to check on it, and then ask him if he's hurt only afterwards. Can relate, to be honest.
lulz...i wasn't there that day; that's my buddy josh...and i think he was more concerned about clearing the bike outta the trail so no one else would land on it.

it’s weird how the dude that crashed looked ok in the vid. he couldn’t ride for like 2 months...

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Yeah, he looked fine standing there.

I have no problems with carbon, but when it comes to handlebars I don't trust them. I'm way too sloppy with torque-ing things properly, so I'm just asking for trouble.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
you can’t tell from the end of the vid, but apparently he basically scraped all the skin off his back...and tweaked it pretty badly too. maybe a cracked rib or two iirc.
Shiiiit. I learned my lesson in a stupid accident and only DH or go rowdy on trail bike with a d3o back protector now.