Quantcast

Paging New York Monkeys

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
OK, I need some help. I am flying to the East Coast next weekend to time a race in New Jersey. I fly in/out of Newark. I fly in Sat and will be back home by noon on Monday. Yes a very fast turn around. But as the race will be ending by noon on Sunday, that leaves me Sunday afternoon looking for something to do and I want to go to New York City. I just can't pass the opportunity up since I will be so close, never been there before, and it's on someone else's dime. My plan would be to find a park'n'ride somewhere and then take subway/bus into the city...probably just check out Times Square and/or Ground Zero. Nothing more since so short on time.

Questions: how far from Newark to New York City time wise? I am basically just looking for someone familiar enough with the area to tell me the best way to go about my little mission.Thanks in advance for any help!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
your a good 1 1/2 drive to NYC from Newark.. possibly less if traffic isnt to bad. If you taking the path train I believe you can take it right to 42nd . that will put you in the heart of times square... Ground zero is very far away.. almost 50 blocks so you may want to rule that out

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
From Newark, take the PATH train into the city. It runs into Jersey City and Hoboken then under the Hudson and right to World Trade.

PATH Train Map

If you want to go to Times Square from there, hop on either the 1,2,3 train line (red) or the A,C,E line (blue) subways, and take those uptown to 42nd street...

(if you want, you can transfer PATH trains at Journal Square and get on a separate train that will take you as far north as 33rd Street)