Quantcast

paging Old_Dude

Old_Dude

Monkey
Thanks for the pics - very nice - inspiring - maybe I can do it after all - the potential results are very impressive.

If I do this it'll be outside, due to the fumes others have said. I went to the auto parts store & was looking at the cans of paint remover/stripper & all of them had a warning something like:

WARNING - this product contains a chemical known to cause cancer

To me, that's a scary warning. My dad died of cancer & he never smoked - but he used paint remover a few times. He also used chlorodane (sp?) when it was a legal insecticide (now Chlorodane is illegal, I think).

I'll make sure to wear gloves, a mask and goggles and hang the frame on a rope with a plastic sheet pinned down underneath.

I probably won't have time to do this for a couple of weeks - but it's on my "bike to do" list.

Thanks again,

OD

Big John

"TEAM XXL"
Originally posted by Old_Dude
Thanks for the pics - very nice - inspiring - maybe I can do it after all - the potential results are very impressive.

If I do this it'll be outside, due to the fumes others have said. I went to the auto parts store & was looking at the cans of paint remover/stripper & all of them had a warning something like:

WARNING - this product contains a chemical known to cause cancer

To me, that's a scary warning. My dad died of cancer & he never smoked - but he used paint remover a few times. He also used chlorodane (sp?) when it was a legal insecticide (now Chlorodane is illegal, I think).

I'll make sure to wear gloves, a mask and goggles and hang the frame on a rope with a plastic sheet pinned down underneath.

I probably won't have time to do this for a couple of weeks - but it's on my "bike to do" list.

Thanks again,

OD
Great, like I said let me know if you have any other questions, I have been painting cars and motorcycles for many years. Don;t forget to post some pics when done.