Quantcast

Paris Mountain DH Race - November 13th

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Can anyone put me in touch with Nic or Nate (never caught his last name) from the Charlotte area? He was the one we ran into a few weeks leading up to the race at Paris practicing. He was on a white Stumpjumper.

eccorp

Chimp
May 18, 2010
Nick Frantz. Not sure but I think he wrecked during practice and heard may have cracked his pelvis. Hope your ok if it was you and sorry for your injury. Should have let me kick you in the balls. Would have taken the pain away.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
News Channel 4, 6PM news coverage last night:

Note!!! I was not the Event Planner for this race, but was asked to do the interview with News 4 from the person that did plan this event. Said a lot of great things about the event, the people running it, and our sport. You know the News, they edit it the way they want. All Helmet Cam footage came from my Drift Innovation HD170 Cam during my race run. Once again Jarret Peek and Crew did a great job.

Cecil:thumb:

eccorp

Chimp
May 18, 2010
Cecil,
No worries on the interview with WYFF. Thanks for stepping in. I was so spent I could barely keep myself standing. Once again I just want to say THANKS for all your support. You guys were key to making it an awesome weekend.

Met with the rangers yesterday and they were very pleased with everyone that was involved from racers to volunteers. They have given me the go ahead for next years race. We will cap race with 125 riders and yes we will have more than one shuttle truck if the registration is what it was this year. The course may change, depending on the new trail going in and if it is deemed worthy of a dh course. If any of you guys want input on the new reroute I encourage you to show up for the trail work day.

Also in regards to the current sulphur springs dh course to remain in place I am working on a plan to make this happen but it will involve all of you and your input and upkeep. My idea to present to the park is making that trail one way down hill, bikes only. I will keep you up to date on my plan.

Jay,
I have Heither's medals and will drop off at REI this afternoon.

Once again thank you all for your support.

eccorp

Chimp
May 18, 2010
Send him my regards and wishes for a speedy recovery. Sucks he got hurt before the race. He looked good on the course leading up to the race. He would have been in the running for the podium I am sure.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Jarret, keep us posted on trail days, we'll be there. I will muster up (demand) the whole team shows up.... Come on guys this is in your back yard.

Heither works until 1:00 or 2:00 p.m. today (can't remember which).

Thank you sir.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Also in regards to the current sulphur springs dh course to remain in place I am working on a plan to make this happen but it will involve all of you and your input and upkeep. My idea to present to the park is making that trail one way down hill, bikes only. I will keep you up to date on my plan.
Jarret, that sounds like a plan. I think we should get on online petition going, and I bet we can get a ton of signatures from Dhers all over the place that want to keep that trail open.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I think this one of Mr. Griffin is just plan freggin cool! He makes for great pics as he's loose and always shifting his weight. Note to all you guys, loosen up.... it makes for great photos, keeps us photogs interested. Nice run Matt!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I think this one of Mr. Griffin is just plan freggin cool! He makes for great pics as he's loose and always shifting his weight. Note to all you guys, loosen up.... it makes for great photos, keeps us photogs interested. Nice run Matt!
I always think it's the skinny guys (no offense Matt) that pop up in pics. Us stumpy guys could be all over the bike, but you can't tell since we eat up all the space around us. :D

hotrodmarlin

Chimp
Oct 29, 2007
I want to say thanks to the race organizers and everyone that helped out to make this race happen and a big thanks to the photographers who are taking the time to post pictures up for all of us.

To the race organizers the only suggestion I have is another shuttle truck. Other than that I think the race went great! Thanks :thumb:

DaveBethea

Monkey
Jul 22, 2009
Daytona Beach,FL
Hey Matt,

Good to meet you. Thanks for the rack set-up, that work out perfect. Good job on the 3rd place finish.

So there is not going to be a shuttle running Saturday??

Im driving out there by myself Saturday and was hoping to get some practice in,. I have a bike rack that hold 4 bikes if anyone knows of a driver that is gonna be out there??

Is it to far to hike a bike?