Quantcast

Paris-Roubaix

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
We had a BBQ yesterday and the two featured programs were Nascar and Paris-Roubaix man what an awesome race that was!
You could tell off that last corner that hincapie wasn’t going to beat boonen but I bet on him anyhow.
It was my first time to see that race and DAMN they that looked like just plain torture.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
What a great race - I figured Boonen would win, and his move was perfect. Good job Georgie though. :)

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Heidi said:
What a great race - I figured Boonen would win, and his move was perfect. Good job Georgie though. :)

hahhahahah you know that last lap on the drome those two were thinking "ok i'm ****ed......when's this bastard gonna go..."

J

JRB

Boonen played George. I don't know why he didn't try to move himself.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
indieboy said:
hahhahahah you know that last lap on the drome those two were thinking "ok i'm ****ed......when's this bastard gonna go..."
henki should have tried to break early like 2 or 3k out that was his only chance against boonen especially in a velodrome.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I laughed at the mechanic that was standing on top of the car fixing the saddle on the bike on the rack while the car was driving through the streets! That dude had some good balance and nerves!!!!!!!!!

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Heidi said:
I laughed at the mechanic that was standing on top of the car fixing the saddle on the bike on the rack while the car was driving through the streets! That dude had some good balance and nerves!!!!!!!!!
He was the neutral service mechanic too, wasn't he? Doing that while weaving around on French roads at 25mph is impressive...I thought he looked like a wing walker :D

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
The Toninator said:
henki should have tried to break early like 2 or 3k out that was his only chance against boonen especially in a velodrome.
he would not have gotten away

J

JRB

Heidi said:
As I said on Mojo earlier, he didn't ever take it off, though. It was hilarious when they were working on the saddle with the dude riding. :think:

neurostar

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Rochester, NY or Boise, ID
Heidi said:
Yea, that was impressive. Also... when he almost fell off, and grabbed the bikes, and those started lifting up... that guy has balls.