Quantcast

Patend's, Patent Pending?

Apr 22, 2008
Rotorua, NZ
When is it a good idea to start looking into protecting your rear end configuration. This has been a grey area for me, its probably the last thing that I think of when developing. This topic comes up every time someone looks at my franken bikes, did you get a patent, did you get a patent, well no. Like i said I just like developing and have never felt like I was getting anywhere near to the point of patening anything I have developed. Are those poor man's patents worth anything, or should I just toss the envelopes in the fire? Is this the right forum for this thread?
New soul to RM and the world, old battered shop rat soul to bike industry.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Rather than ask here, I suggest you talk to a couple of attorneys to get the real skinny. You should be able to get a free or fairly cheap initial consultation. It's really never too early to have those discussions, in part because they can help set you on the right path in a way that will make the process smoother down the road should you decide to seek patent protection.

Apr 22, 2008
Rotorua, NZ
Rather than ask here, I suggest you talk to a couple of attorneys to get the real skinny. You should be able to get a free or fairly cheap initial consultation. It's really never too early to have those discussions, in part because they can help set you on the right path in a way that will make the process smoother down the road should you decide to seek patent protection.
RM rules, sorry late bloomer.
Best advice I have ever recieved! Finally feel confident enough with my next bike to pursue. One thing that freaked me out is finding out that after I pay ****e loads to get my arse protected, anyone who alters my design by as little as 10% can call it there own and patent it. Seems to me it is quite clear that this is why alot of manufacturers with ungodly amounts of money get away with ripping off other developers creative designs off and call it there own.
How does that saying go; He who has the money, controls the power, and can rewrite history? Guess you cant loose sleep when your pillow case is stuffed with lots of cash from rippen the little guy off! F@#cken Wankers!