Quantcast

Pawtucket, RI & surrounding area

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so I'm gonna be moving there in like, 2 weeks. Literally. I got a sweet place, a sweet job. I'll be lookin for anyone to ride/hang out/ have some fun with. I do mostly dh and bmx, but i'm into trials, street, got a fixed gear, just recently finished my xc bike so I'm looking to get back into that. Anyone out there?

BigT

Chimp
I just moved from Pawtucket. If your looking for freeride stuff look at Borderland (Easton/Sharon, MA) 30 minutes away or Vietnam (Holliston, MA) about 40minutes. Foxboro has some nice trails, not too much in the way of drops or jumps. It only about 15 minutes north on Rt 95 from Pawtucket. Check with New England Mountain Biking Assosciation (NEMBA.ORG) for groups rides. If your interested in what Borderland or Vietnam look like, check out Splat's ride on the ride posting threads.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
so I'm gonna be moving there in like, 2 weeks. Literally. I got a sweet place, a sweet job. I'll be lookin for anyone to ride/hang out/ have some fun with. I do mostly dh and bmx, but i'm into trials, street, got a fixed gear, just recently finished my xc bike so I'm looking to get back into that. Anyone out there?
Look into Lincoln Woods. Never ridden there personally, but there's supposed to be some freerideish stuff.

Tell us more about your "XC" bike - is it a light-weight race bike? A freeride rig would be better suited to the "fun" stuff in the area.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
nah its not a lightweight race bike. its an old school steel bianchi, RS sid (looks flexy) with decent components. but an actual xc bike. i'd like to build up a short travel trail bike, but its kinda hard to do while maintaining a full DH rig through a season of racing. but i'm looking into it. I just like to have fun and ride 2 wheels and I'm always down for new stuff.

comtom1

Chimp
Aug 2, 2006
south of boston
Right out of foxboro center there is a skate park that you can ride your bmx and it is about 30 mins from yout house right up 95 north to route 140 in foxboro

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
I second the fact that you shouldn't let Comtom1 lead. Jus tmake sure you can hear him when he is behind you, or you may get run over. I've seen him run into trees that everybody else misses. (Sorry dude!)

Boulderland is a great place to ride, bring a big bike. Foxboro is a little of everything. Wrentham used to be a good place.

In8Racing

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Trying to find some skillz...
I just moved to RI last July/August and only rode locally on the road. All DH my was done at Diablo last year, so I'd be interested in scoping out some local riding areas also. I drove by the entrance to a BMX track in Glocester, RI also. I've been wanting to check that out too.

I live in West Greenwich (probably 20 minutes from you). PM me if you want to try to connect.

JF

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i'm definitely down for rides. I hit up diablo and plattekill a lot if you wanna ride share there, especially with gas costs during the summer. I'm gonna be racing the Duryea this year also, and probably a few other races with the East Coast Gravity Series.

jester156

Chimp
Jan 16, 2006
RI
Lincoln Woods is a great place to get a freeride fix, its not very large but it offers anything from a small 1 foot drop to a 7-10 foot drop. just need to know where the goods are hidden. During the season I usually ride there 2-3 times a week after work. For XC rides, a group of us ride Arcadia on Sundays at various spots week to week. check out Bikerag.com for group rides or PM me for a tour of Lincoln when the mud drys.

..you should try hooking up with the New England Mountain Bike Assoc.
http://www.nemba.org/

I used to live in Providence and my main xcountry rides in order of my favorites are.

Big River Management Area RI
Arcadia Management Area in southern RI
Foxboro (F Gilbert Hills) area
Lincoln Woods RI (great for after work rides, close by)
Borderland State Park, Easton MA (nice and rocky but not much in the way of mileage)

All of these can be looked up on;

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-rhode-island/PLS_4575crx.aspx

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-massachusetts/PLS_4554crx.aspx

Have fun!