Quantcast

>>>>Phucket Friday GMT<<<<

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
rain in the forecast all weekend, so probably no riding. :stosh:

need to clean up garage, do laundry.
dammit. you made me look, and its same here.

on the bright side I have Monday off because it is a "national" holiday in Quebecistan. Even though I work for the federal governement, (and not the Quebec gov't), my office building is in Quebec, and therefore we must respect the 'national' holiday of the 'nation' of Quebec. No problem, I'll take the monday off while my kids are in camp! And it's supposed to be sunny on Monday.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
dammit. you made me look, and its same here.

on the bright side I have Monday off because it is a "national" holiday in Quebecistan. Even though I work for the federal governement, (and not the Quebec gov't), my office building is in Quebec, and therefore we must respect the 'national' holiday of the 'nation' of Quebec. No problem, I'll take the monday off while my kids are in camp! And it's supposed to be sunny on Monday.
its gonna be patchy, sunday has the best outlook tho. my windows for riding are limited (due to kids) so maybe the weather will line up appropriately with when i can ride.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
got a few small pieces left to install if the rain holds off.
All joking/sarcasm aside....what did you get? My parents got Winn one of little all-plastic dealios for his birthday, but we'll be getting a real one once he's a bit older and/or #2 comes along. But along with putting in a patio, I'm going to make a dedicated swingset area in a corner of the yard this summer, and am wondering how big to make it with future, bigger swingset in mind.

#playgroundmonkey

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
All joking/sarcasm aside....what did you get? My parents got Winn one of little all-plastic dealios for his birthday, but we'll be getting a real one once he's a bit older and/or #2 comes along. But along with putting in a patio, I'm going to make a dedicated swingset area in a corner of the yard this summer, and am wondering how big to make it with future, bigger swingset in mind.

#playgroundmonkey
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/malibu-cedar-swing-set/prod19545354.ip

we got something as large as we did because we have 2 kids, and there are a number of other young kids in the neighborhood as well. Plus, my parents offered to pay for it.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/malibu-cedar-swing-set/prod19545354.ip

we got something as large as we did because we have 2 kids, and there are a number of other young kids in the neighborhood as well. Plus, my parents offered to pay for it.
Cool...that's along the lines of what I was planning on. We're planning to have at least 1 more and our small, semi-isolated neighborhood has a ton of small kids (at least 10 kids under 6yo within the 7-8 houses adjacent to ours), so it will get used quite a bit.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Post hiking margaritas were too good. Tequila, oj, lime, celery, mint, and blueberries. So good in fact that I forgot that drinking margaritas does not count as drinking water, and woke up with a dehydration headache.

And now to QUOTE ALL THE THINGS!!!!!

No bikes for me today. Or this weekend. :( I may have to ride with a chin bar for a while. :dead:
:picsstfu:

if only there was a place where professionals trained in medicine and health could, I don't know, evaluate an injury or something.

I know, crazy. Nevermind.
Yeah, unless it's broken they're not gonna do much for you and if it were broken he'd know.

great ride last night. parked at the bottom of the DH hill that is not operating this year due to modernizing their chairlift. Rode up around the hill, into the backside of the park, did four fantastic DH segments (for lack of a better word) before actually climbing back to the top of the DH trails. One of my buddies used to ride there a lot and was able to connect a bunch of trail segments to maximise time spent railing DH. so. much. fun. it's really incredible what today's trail bikes are capable of. There's no compensating for 8" of travel and proper geometry, but still... miles beyond my expectations.
How did you get to the top without a motor?

blame your employer for that.

*i think HDHP's are horseshit.
They're not bad if you don't go to the doctor a lot. Just remember to fund that HSA!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Cool...that's along the lines of what I was planning on. We're planning to have at least 1 more and our small, semi-isolated neighborhood has a ton of small kids (at least 10 kids under 6yo within the 7-8 houses adjacent to ours), so it will get used quite a bit.
check both costco and sams club for options, although we felt the options from sams club were a little better.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning. Back to work tonight after ten days off..... Camping was great, hiking was great, spent the afternoon yesterday inside mostly as it was raining..... Ended up hanging a few trail came out and about last night, most places I wanted to get to are not currently accessable as the rivers/streams/creeks are just plain to high to cross safely. So picked a few new spots.

This month has gone by fast, July is going to be even busier with familt coming in every week, and starting to load up on jobs for the side gig too.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Afternoon monkeys! I went on a short road ride this morning, cool and with zero wind. I hit and maintained 24MPH for 1 mile on flat stretch, there was no one around to be impressed and my quads were on fire so I sand bagged all the way home. If the rain isn't too bad I'll get another ride in this afternoon.

Also: humidity sucks.

Also: did not buy an air fryer but did order this from Sams Club last week, should arrive next week.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
All this talking of air fryers and chicken wings has me intrigued..may have to go shopping for one.
I'm converted. I wasn't expecting the wings to be this good. I previously posted the link to the one my wife got me. A little on the pricey side, but she did a bunch of research. One of the big things she was looking for (besides well functioning) was one that was easy to clean. This one definitely it. Parts are even dishwasher safe.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wife and kid the younger came and had lunch with me. :) (Elder kid is at camp all day.)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Phillips Canyon proper. Probably going to do a mini shuttle and make it a shorter one.
Nice... I haven't ridden that yet. Me and my lady were going to come out for Targhee Fest again this year, but she broke her arm and we missed the window to buy reasonably priced (but still spendy AF) tickets so we're not gonna come up. Maybe in the fall. Black Canyon is a great shuttle... but I do wanna check out Phillips.