Quantcast

pic of my girl pinning a road gap.

zachdank

Chimp
Jan 22, 2004
NORCALhellathrowdown
OGRipper said:
Just gotta say this has been a great thread to read through, obviously some strong opinions on the subject. As a straight white male it's kinda hard to relate to what it's like to be a woman in a sport dominated by men, especially when there's a disproportionate amount of hormone-driven youngsters just figuring out how to act as they stumble through their lives. Personally I'm psyched to hear and see more and more women getting involved in something I really love. It's also pretty clear that it's silly to think that all women will come together in some united front of feminism. All of us (men and women) are entitled to our own opinions and our own approach, and it would be pretty boring if everyone did the same thing.

Some of you think wearing a mini while riding does harm to the "cause" or whatever, but I disagree. Putting aside, for the moment, the valid argument that wearing a mini is not that safe, I think getting out there in girlie clothing makes a statement that hey, you can ride the gnar AND still be feminine if you want. And props to you for that. Some of you who have taken issue with the mini would probably not ever wear a mini off the bike. And props to you for that.

One of the best things about riding is the opportunity to express your individuality. This is especially true with freeriding. So be girlie, be butch, whatever, just be on your bike and do what you want! That's liberation, no matter how you define it.

Anyway, it's gotta be tough, so much respect for all of you, whatever you're wearing. Hopefully there will come a day when being a girl that rides is just not that big a deal. See ya on the trails!
werd. couldn't agree more. :thumb: