Quantcast

pics from 7 springs....

phloedix

Chimp
May 8, 2008
TRENTON
just wondering where i can find some pics from 7 springs race today... i know some people were taking pictures of the last jump and stuff

PCinSC

Chimp
Jun 17, 2007
"Official" pics here.

Looks like mostly shots at the rock/step/drop section of Upper EC1. Mine came out pretty good, except for the look of constipation on my face. :imstupid:

Attachments

pirate28

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
Maryland
anyone find any other pics ???? i saw people at the finish line. cant find any of those pics though. bummer
I can't find any other photos either.... Strange, considering the number of photographers that were on the course during practice and the race.

phloedix

Chimp
May 8, 2008
TRENTON
I can't find any other photos either.... Strange, considering the number of photographers that were on the course during practice and the race.
well... if you find any.. keep me posted. i looked and looked. i know there was a few people taking pictures of the finish... no pics though. ha

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
That was a pretty short course w/ only one tech section. Was that the pro course?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
small mountain = short course...

they did a great job with what they have to work with.
I remember seeing the NORBA Nationals there circa 1996... similarly short, but recall the course being more tech, less berm action on every turn.
Probably just the rider & the angle... very smooth.

Arutha

Monkey
Nov 26, 2002
Western PA
I remember seeing the NORBA Nationals there circa 1996... similarly short, but recall the course being more tech, less berm action on every turn.
Probably just the rider & the angle... very smooth.
7springs' trails have lots of berms and are quite groomed, I enjoy riding them but they are nothing like the old NORBA courses. There are some small sections that are more DHish but they are really short. I'd like to see some pure DH trails up there for a change, jumping and railing berms is fun but I don't want the same thing all the time, we need some variation.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey guys, I just checked the trail map for 7springs... all the trails they have are currently on the front side of the mountain. I'm pretty sure all the old NORBA trails were on the North/back face of the mountain which is steeper, gnarlier, and has about 3-4 hundred more vertical feet (snowboarded there pretty much every year I was in high school with a season pass, knew the mountain like the back of my hand). So they have the potential to make some really killer tracks. My understanding is that the mountain was sold in the last few years. The new owners, who approved the current bike park, are interested in expanding the bike park, they just wanted to start it off small to see if it would be enough of a draw to develop a full scale downhill/freeride program there.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
thanks for the heads up. In 96, the course was definitely down the front side of the mountain, but it actually started near the north face lift tower, headed over what was a pretty flat field before a jump launched you from the bright sun into a dark, tight woods section where you had to pick your way around trees (i.e. multiple routes). Remember seeing Lopes ride the DH there. Loved his style.

Arutha

Monkey
Nov 26, 2002
Western PA
The couple years I remember them they were on the short side. Last one I saw started at lake Tahoe.

And I support them with a season pass. :-) I am too close not to go up about every weekend. Just hope it goes well enough for them to expand.

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Yeah, when I lived in Pittsburgh, we were dying for something like this. Moved away & snowshoe opened up, then this. Go figure.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, when I lived in Pittsburgh, we were dying for something like this. Moved away & snowshoe opened up, then this. Go figure.
What part of the 412 did you live in? I grew up right outside the city. I had some good times in the city. I used to frequent the local punk shows. When I was there the scene was kickin'

DHDreams

Chimp
May 11, 2008
I was there in '98-'99 and it was on the same side as this years race. I honestly don't think they've ever raced on the other side. Although, I have heard that it would def. be way better if they would because of all the previously listed reasons. Regardless, the place is a lot of fun!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
What part of the 412 did you live in? I grew up right outside the city. I had some good times in the city. I used to frequent the local punk shows. When I was there the scene was kickin'
Lived in sq. hill and friendship. Folks live in indiana, pa... went to j/s high school there. Pretty familiar with lots of western pa.