Quantcast

Pics From Friday (11/26) Sst Sesh (56k KILLER)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I would have posted these a little sooner...BUT, we opened and closed the joint today. After dinner and switching over my fork (that was the easy part - getting the brake caliper adapter dialed is another story), I finally had time to download the digi and then upload the pics.:blah:
I hope I get everybody's name right - if not I guess your lawyers will contact my lawyer.
Enough said...
Chelsey (on Mike's new Intense M3 - sweet riggage)

Clearing the stepup HT-style :cool:

And showing that there's more to trailwork than just throwing dirt around - she did a top-shelf job w/ the rake making sure all lines were ridable:D

Speaking of Mike...he was swapping rigs w/ everybody out there

Chris (aka - Langer) was in attendance

Nate was riding like a man possessed

Polo (aka - Fire Rider) held true on his threat to be there - he earned his rips after some excellent trailwork on Turkey Day:)

Caryn was there as well...

After several hours of trailwork, Sean finally broke down and rode;)

Tom (aka - bikeguy100k) had to show up today - he started the Friday/SST thread!:evil:

Travis was his usual rippin' self

There were two Aarons out there today...this Aaron was rockin' the Big-Hit

The other Aaron was sportin' his Yeti (which turned out to be the last ride for the bike - mishap at the table claimed most of his componentry - that sucked...sorry, Aaron):(
This was a nice one-footer...not the aforementioned mishap:p

Of course, no day at SST would be complete without an appearance from the other Andy (orange VPfree):D

Frank (Corporatefailure) was in attendance, but I don't recall him riding at all today - he did his part all the same:thumb:
Hauling rocks

Setting a rock free

Tomorrow (well, later today) is another day. Perhaps there will be some pics of myself riding. Of course, this would require that I ride a little bit more than I did today.
Since I have the new (used) fork hooked up, I kind of have no choice!!!:cool:

ANDY

Sep 8, 2004
Hey,
Looks like fun! Hopefully I'll back out there again soon... well, come january anyways! I probably won't even recognize the place, Its been nearly a month since I've been out there as is!

-James

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Yo,
Nice pics! Tell me how you like the new pressure suit! I'm thinking about getting a large. Do they have the SP-1 for '05?

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Great pix Andy. I had a ton a fun out there yesterday, even after I tryed to take out a tree with my head and back. :nuts: I think I should look into one of those pressure suits too since my back is red and swollen.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
jimbo_the_biker said:
Hey,
Looks like fun! Hopefully I'll back out there again soon... well, come january anyways! I probably won't even recognize the place, Its been nearly a month since I've been out there as is!

-James
Thanks, James - yeah, miss having you out there for sure. You will definitely :heart: the changes on the lower right line and the middle entrance to the table as well. It's all starting to come together very well. As I mentioned to Tom, this is the prime building season so things will be evolving at a rapid pace. Not that they have been all that slow in evolving. It's hard to believe it's been a year since we got that area going. Alot can (and did) happen in that year!:cool:

Corporatefailure said:
thanks andy, thous pics are sweet!
a Q for you do you have seans number by any chance?
Thanks, Frank...you've been PM'ed. Sean, Chelsey and I reworked the top-left drop and kicker section...stretched the tranny a couple more feet and now you can carry a little more speed off of it - it's KIL-LER!!! The kicker needs some rain so it will settle, but it's pretty sweet already.

HRDTLBRO said:
Yo,
Nice pics!
Thanks, bro!
Aside from that resort in W. Va., how's the riding over there? I have some friends in N.C. (Raleigh/Durham) that I'm thinking of visiting next year and wondering if it's worth bringing the rig.:think:

Captain Crunch said:
Everybody looks good! Andy, repost some of these pics on the GHY forum for us, willya?

I'll see you peeps out there tomorrow!
Better yet, Steve - I was out there again today (w/ new fork which is suh-wheat!!) and I think I got a couple/few shots of Cory AND AJ.
It was damned good to see Bibs out there rockin' the hardtail nonetheless.:thumb:
Not sure if I'll be out there tomorrow - Mike, Sean, Chelsey and maybe Pip are possibly heading out to Duvall. Otherwise, we'll be you-know-where!

Langer said:
Great pix Andy. I had a ton a fun out there yesterday, even after I tryed to take out a tree with my head and back. :nuts: I think I should look into one of those pressure suits too since my back is red and swollen.
Thanks, Chris. Not to be outdone, I stacked it pretty good twice today. Once off the main table jump - chain skipped just as I was going for my last stoke and it was too late to abort...nosed it on the last part of the table and flew over the bars. If it wasn't for the FF helmet, I'd be in bad shape right now. I was woozy for a few seconds and then all was well. It must have looked like I landed on my shoulder 'cuz everybody was like "wow, your shoulder's OK??".
The other digger was the little hip jump on the bottom right. My dumb arse didn't stiffen the coil on my shock last night after I switched it to the 6" position - went to get a huge boost for a treetap and wound up with my front wheel straight up when I landed. Rolled it for a split-second and then got slammed on my right hip and likely have a nice bruise on my outer thigh.
I got away with one for sure today.
Sadly, no pics/vids of either.:(

Dare I say it's time for a hot bath if I plan on getting out of bed tomorrow?:dead:

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
The southeast has plenty of good riding. Snowshoe, the resort in WV is sweet if you are going for a weekend or a few days out of the week. Might be a bit of a long drive from NC. You could check out Pisgah, some pretty cool stuff there. Or make the drive to Windrock in Tennessee and really put your suspension to work. The guys at Windrock plan on making 9-10 minute DH runs next year. You could PM Profo for directions. There are quite a few other spots you could ride, just check the southeast and Virginia forums! Hope to see you out here next year!

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Ill be back tomorrow...I had so much fun! anyone else going tomorrow? this time IM bringing some of the crew

~Bibs...no wonder I was getting my PM's..Im logged in as my roomate...DUH!! :think: :p

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
HRDTLBRO said:
The southeast has plenty of good riding. Snowshoe, the resort in WV is sweet if you are going for a weekend or a few days out of the week. Might be a bit of a long drive from NC. You could check out Pisgah, some pretty cool stuff there. Or make the drive to Windrock in Tennessee and really put your suspension to work. The guys at Windrock plan on making 9-10 minute DH runs next year. You could PM Profo for directions. There are quite a few other spots you could ride, just check the southeast and Virginia forums! Hope to see you out here next year!
Right on...thanks a ton! I've seen some pics from Snowshoe and they have some impressive looking bridgework. They definitly have some techy singletrack from what I've heard as well.:cool:
If I don't visit NC, then I have some family in southern NY, so I could always hit up Diablo over in Jersey. Win-win situations are soooooo nice.

p.s. - MMW is the shizzle:)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Thanks a ton, Cory!
I'm hoping I'm not all seized up when I try to get out of bed tomorrow. Pedaling back to the car was alot of fun w/ an industrial-strength charley-horse (got any of those percocets left?). If I don't wind up hitting up Duvall w/ the crew then I'll likely be there.
I know for sure that Pip is going tomorrow...it's his last day before he goes back to work all M-F style.
Make sure you give him a rash for being a lazy f*** today!:blah:

DBR X6 RIDER said:
Thanks a ton, Cory!
I'm hoping I'm not all seized up when I try to get out of bed tomorrow. Pedaling back to the car was alot of fun w/ an industrial-strength charley-horse (got any of those percocets left?). If I don't wind up hitting up Duvall w/ the crew then I'll likely be there.
I know for sure that Pip is going tomorrow...it's his last day before he goes back to work all M-F style.
Make sure you give him a rash for being a lazy f*** today!:blah:
I totaly will...I wanna X-up off the step down tomorrow..thats my goal..and get a pic for a resume'....and give PIP **** all day! :D you should go to SST tomorrow Duval is muddy! Nick was there today..wink wink! Ok, Im making that up... :P

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
bibs said:
I totaly will...I wanna X-up off the step down tomorrow..thats my goal..and get a pic for a resume'....and give PIP **** all day! :D you should go to SST tomorrow Duval is muddy! Nick was there today..wink wink! Ok, Im making that up... :P
Hahahaha! What about the percocets?;) j/k
I'd bet that area would be a little soupy, seeing how it's in the convergence zone. If I'm not really up for riding at all, I'll tag along w/ Pip and play around w/ the camera at least.
It's a game-day decision for now. At least I've got my crashes out of the way for this week and the one to follow.:evil:

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
fun time for sure! my arms are sore from what...16 hours of total digging this weekend? but the place is looking great..

friday, frank and i added a much needed berm on the main line towards where the ledge rolls you down...people are taking to it. someone thought it was a good idea to use it to jump off, killing the berm..sooo yesterday(saturday), andy, chelsey, and i re-worked it and added some "deterents" to stop people from riding over the berm again...

also on saturday, andy and chelsey dug really far down making an actual tranny for the far left ledge drop making it a taller drop if you carry speed off it now...which you can! i rebuilt the booter after it, and judging from some people who i spoke with who hit it yesterday, they like it much better than it was...they said it doesnt kick you as bad and you can make tranny pretty deep now...that also has a lot to do with the fact that those two nutcases dug a tranny for the ledge...

friday andy frank and i built the trail gap thingy that goes over the lazy peoples entrance and now it works great! we also tossed a berm in to make those lazy people a better entrance...

yesterday we faught with some people who wanted to tear a tree out because they thought it was in THEIR way. nobody else is bothered by this tree..but they wanted it out .. HA!

friday, we watched a breakout break, but it did its job. no harm to the rider, just the fork...way to go manitou!

some good carnage yesterday too!

someones chainstays blew up, a shoulder dislocated, and andy had the table bail of the century!

aj and mr bibbssssssss were out... poor cory was stuck on a very stiff ass monkey, but was ripping it up none the less. cory, an x-up is all yours! aj was going huge, and to my complete surprise he pulled an awesome table one footer off the big table and then a no footer off the small table. twas mighty smooooth :)

we opened/closed the place friday, saturday...

today, we are taking a break from digging and going to abuse the trails in duvall for a change...

ps - we are working on a site for sst for events, traildays, pics...

MORE TO COME!!

-sean

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
do i really suck..... :confused:
its not my falt my grandfather died and i had to go dig threw his s**t with, my uncle and my dad. and its not my flat they live next to the skate park.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Corporatefailure said:
yah sure did, i hate it how you people build build build, i wanna build to!!!!
On the other side of that coin, I hate you you people ride, ride, ride!! I wanna ride too!!!!
Anywho, I have an interview right in the middle of the day, so no riding anywhere for me. I'm thinking of hitting up SST on Tues. though.

First, I have to survive today's ride.:blah:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Thanks a ton, Loretto! I had a couple moments this weekend where I thought I was joining the B.C.C. - it didn't happen.:D

Frank - we rode out @ Duvall today.

I made my spectacular table crash @ SST yesterday seem like nothing compared to my crash on the steep rolldown near the bottom of the run out there today. I'm fine...now I have matching charley-horses on each leg. My rear wheel was tacoed, but one of the guys we were riding with did some wheel-to-tree surgery to make it rollable again. I'm in debt to him for a 6-pack for sure.:cool:

I think I'll take the day off tomorrow - probably a good thing I have a job interview early afternoon.:p

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Corporatefailure said:
damn that sucks, i got an xtra wheel if you need it, its a rocky mtn, rino light and a rky disc hub, i can give it to yah if yah need it. :cool:
Right on, Frank. Might have to take you up on that. I'm looking to get a wheelset before long, but that might get me thru until that happens.:)

I just spent about an hour on the truing stand and it's holding up, but I think the weld is somewhat iffy.

Off to another hot bath...this is a disturbing trend that I need to nip at the bud.:blah:

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
I can't find where I saw it but I think I saw that someone built the last hip jump after the big table up with some wood. Was that the old jump that got torn down or did someone actually do that?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeah, the old gap was constructed (but not boxed properly) with wood. For about the 1,000,000th time, it was poorly placed along the main trail. This is one of the main reasons that outside builders are being discouraged there by Parks & Rec. Dept. The wood from that jump was used almost immediately for filler for the table line.
The new, lame jump is enclosed by rock and, of course, that piece of foundation that was sticking out of the ground. I refer to that method as "idiot-proofing" as alot of lesser-skilled riders tend to ride off the edges of jumps. The jumps last about 20x longer that way.
The jump w/o a tranny that is beyond the lame one will be directed towards the right (away from the main trail) eventually and will be the entrance to yet another line to the left of the tables down below.
I wish we had some decent deadfall to work with down there...that would be so sweet.:(