Quantcast

PICS of Ladders and Skinnies, WestSide OLYMPIA

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
some stuff I added to today and yesterday after a good sesh with Bob and Ted, and HOLY**** my wife caught air on our 3.5' kicker to tranny set-up.

bodycheck131

Chimp
Oct 14, 2004
Where'd you get all the lumber from? Don't your neighbors get mad if the stunts are visible from over the fence.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
question #2... how much money have you spent on the supplys... get any freebees, slavage any thing from trash cans and such.

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
all the wood is salvage. spent about $50 bucks on screws and nails. we even salvaged some of the ladders from a friend who moved and gave them to us. we have folks waiting for us to come pick up more lumber. the neighbors mostly dont mind. interestingly enough neighbors we had never seen or spoken to came out to meet us and suggest a neighborhood demo party. and some are even giving us lumber from their stockpiles. we will see how long this lasts. fingers crossed.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
right about now, i envy you for the fact that those bridges are sweet and you can ride because the ground isnt covered in snow or soaked.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Just a tip, if you want some decent traction on certain spots, cedar boards (1X4X8) can be bought for relatively cheap you can hammer them over existing runners, and even cheaper is a bundle of roofing shingles with some nails. Just cut some ovalish or just rectangular chunks on spots you need traction, and space nail using an X pattern.

Looks like fun. :thumb:

sudhamike

Chimp
Nov 26, 2003
Great work, man. I live in oly. and although I'm always peeking over fences, I've never seen a cooler backyard set-up. Nice job!

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
bodycheck131 said:
Don't your neighbors get mad if the stunts are visible from over the fence.
Methinks pangeist is too smart to live in such a place. Escape the Burbs as soon as you can before they eat your soul ... and ... um ... other such antiestablishment rhetoric.
Nice work on the mini-park. Looks like it's smack in the middle of a bunch a houses. Are the local munchkins going crazy with their wal-mart bikes? Damn those were the days. :thumb:

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
Funny that you mention that, a few days ago I woke up at 7:30 AM to two kids on Huffys trying the most dangerous of the obstacles.....no helmets...no nothing, just youthful vigor. I yelled out the window "GET THE F#$K OUTTA here YOU LITTLE MON GRELS!!!" Just kidding, I told them to come back and ride when they had helmets and when someone else, ME, was riding too.

AS for some hootin and ah hollerin up in them thar woods.....man, you cant go building stunts in the forest where you park your car hop out and there they are and expect them to be there the next time you go back. Its time to go covert style make the stuff out of what is in the woods, backfilled with dirt and NATURAL looking, camo, out of the way, SECRET.........lets start a secret brotherhood, I am in!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
pangeist said:
Funny that you mention that, a few days ago I woke up at 7:30 AM to two kids on Huffys trying the most dangerous of the obstacles.....no helmets...no nothing, just youthful vigor. I yelled out the window "GET THE F#$K OUTTA here YOU LITTLE MON GRELS!!!" Just kidding, I told them to come back and ride when they had helmets and when someone else, ME, was riding too.

AS for some hootin and ah hollerin up in them thar woods.....man, you cant go building stunts in the forest where you park your car hop out and there they are and expect them to be there the next time you go back. Its time to go covert style make the stuff out of what is in the woods, backfilled with dirt and NATURAL looking, camo, out of the way, SECRET.........lets start a secret brotherhood, I am in!
Do you have no tresspassing signs or any other warnings posted? If it were my property i would have some way of blocking the starting ramps so that some kid couldnt ride when you not there. . One of those mongrels gets hurt and you'd have an angry parent on your doorstep.....

Im in for the secret ops in the woods, although i dont have alot of time to build..... Theres plenty of hard to get to places that have recently been thinned and wont be touched for a long while....

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Oly and I have talked about liabilty and signage before too. I've got some trails with, "features" on my property too and have to be really careful and make sure my, "No Trespassing" signs are very visible.
Still, not sure if I'd have anything left after a friend's "next of kin" got their lawyer on me. I don't want to be a downer. But,especially if you have anything to lose, you better CYA as best you can. Despite the WA state laws that do somewhat protect a property owner.

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
Its just the photos angle, its 3.5' tall or so and is quite fun. IN the Mudhunnies section you can see a few different angles and my wife testing out, her first day ever on a ramp.

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
this thread has gone to the birds..........so whos wants to ride the weekend after this one???? Takers???? come on there stuff for all levels.......wussies! There will that make you come ride?