Quantcast

Pictures from Windrock 11/27-28 2009

tommygii

Chimp
Sep 16, 2009
Had a great time riding with all of you this weekend, can't wait to get out again next year! Here's a link to the low res copies of the pics I took this weekend. I just threw them all up there without really taking out the bad ones, so it'll take awhile to sort through them, but there's some pretty good ones in there. It'll be awhile before the video makes it up, but some of it is pretty good too.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ftduffpics/200911Nov28Windrock?feat=directlink

If there are any pictures that you want full res copies of, message me your email and the pics that you want and I'll send them your way.

Last edited:

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Nice shots man, looks like it was nice and dry this weekend. I wanted to make it out but I got a little caught up on my own trails.

Sick 951 too.

Gelfling

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Sweet pictures! Thanks for bringing out your camera. This is one of my favorites, it just looks so pro. I can't wait to see the video footage too.

kyrider

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
Pictures look great.. I am hooked on windrock, can't wait to come back. Thanks for not landing on me....

Jul 9, 2007
Super nice photos man. Thanks for bringing the camera out and taking them.
The weather was freaking amazing in spite of the forecast for snow I read a few days before.
Big thanks to the Louisiana crew for letting me get in on some shuttles all weekend and a major thanks to steve for pushing me to hit some of the bigger jumps I had been riding around and showing me some new lines.
All in all a great weekend, hope the weather holds out and I can get another weekend in before it gets too cold and wet.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Vholdr HD. That Vimeo link isn't in HD. They only let you upload one HD movie per week and I am having a bear of a time getting Youtube to process my HD movies. May be time to upgrade to Vimeo Plus and Quicktime Pro to splice together multiple files.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
That turned out really well. We had and awesome crew out riding yesterday. You guys missed out. I really did have an awesome time though. :thumb:

tgaines72

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Knoxville, TN
Had a great time riding with all of you this weekend, can't wait to get out again next year! Here's a link to the low res copies of the pics I took this weekend. I just threw them all up there without really taking out the bad ones, so it'll take awhile to sort through them, but there's some pretty good ones in there. It'll be awhile before the video makes it up, but some of it is pretty good too.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ftduffpics/200911Nov28Windrock?feat=directlink

If there are any pictures that you want full res copies of, message me your email and the pics that you want and I'll send them your way.
nice shots. hope to catch you guys on your next trip to the rock.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
That was a mid paced run with no warm ups in November. I think I could take close to a minute off in better conditions.

kiponga

Chimp
Oct 17, 2009
Alright this is actually a question about windrock. does it still have a section called the elevator shaft and if it does can someone post a picture of it? One of my friends said that a couple years ago he landed to flat on this particular section and i was just wondering what it looked like thanks.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Alright this is actually a question about windrock. does it still have a section called the elevator shaft and if it does can someone post a picture of it? One of my friends said that a couple years ago he landed to flat on this particular section and i was just wondering what it looked like thanks.
That sounds like the super sketch section Joey and Ben took me on the first time I went somewhere between trail 1 and Snakerock. Some thing that was just about as close to vertical as i ever wanted to do. Can't remmeber it's name though. Joey named it I think.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I can't recall any spot that was referred to that name by locals. However there was a section called that at Bootleg. You might be thinking of freefall.

wanabe

Monkey
Mar 16, 2007
Doug,

How is windrock holding up? Some of us ATL boys are talking bout heading up there in a couple of weeks. I don't want to make the trip if it's a sloppy mud hole. That place is hard enough to ride when it is dry.

Apr 23, 2009
Hey Guys,

I am thiknig of heading down from here in Ontario, Canada to ride Windrock in Feb. Any thoughts on how the trails are at that time of year? Are they even rideable?

Also if I make the trip does Southern hospitality extend to having someone come out and ride for a day or 2 to show me the trails?

Finally any good vacation home rentals or Bed & Breakfasts in the area?

Thanks A Bunch,
Vic

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Hey Guys,

I am thiknig of heading down from here in Ontario, Canada to ride Windrock in Feb. Any thoughts on how the trails are at that time of year? Are they even rideable?

Also if I make the trip does Southern hospitality extend to having someone come out and ride for a day or 2 to show me the trails?

Finally any good vacation home rentals or Bed & Breakfasts in the area?

Thanks A Bunch,
Vic
Vic,

You should pick me up on your way! :D