Quantcast

PIKE 454 dual air travel

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
It says on the fork to add the same amount of psi to the neg and the pos chambers...
But when I do that, it looks like the travel is decreased...
So I put less air in the neg chamber, but that makes the fork harsh on the small bumps...
How do you set yours?
Or maybe I don't measure the travel well?
I should measures from top of the vipers to under the crown?
Or maybe I should from dust vipers (not the lip) to crown?

thanks

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
It says on the fork to add the same amount of psi to the neg and the pos chambers...
So I put less air in the neg chamber, but that makes the fork harsh on the small bumps...
How do you set yours?

thanks
I ran about 125psi in the neg and 145 in the pos. I am 175lbs.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Are you the vindow viper, here to vipe our vindows?

You're not losing effective travel. The fork is designed to sag a bit with the negative air, and that will keep your fork supple on the small stuff and tracking well. I run my positive air pretty stiff, and my negative air around 2/3 - 3/4 of the positive pressure.

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Run your negative pressure about 10lbs less than the positive. What happens is the positive chamber loses air and causes the fork to lower the travel when you have both chambers set close to the same pressure.

Don't know if you are in America. But, call Sram, they will explain it.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
How do you set yours?
thanks
I run about 140psi positive and 100 neg.....it is harsher on the soft stuff but on really rocky fast stuff with constant hits it keeps it from packing up as much....

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
can someone explain the difference between how the positive and negative air work together? mainly how the negative air works.

i dont get how if you have higher negative air it makes the fork more active and less makes the fork stiffer

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
The 'negative air' works in the opposite direction as the poistive air spring...that is it pushes in the direction to shorten the fork.

Coil springs are generally not preloaded much (a lot of them actually have negative springs as well for the same reason, but to a lesser extent) but due to the progressive nature (upward curving force vs displacement graph) of air springs, they have a LOT of prelaod. Take the pike for example...with 100psi in the pos chamber, the fork has 100psi of preload (simplified version). With this kind of preload, the fork would not function over small bumps.
The negative spring (air or otherwise) tends to counteract preload in the first small bit of travel (neg springs are much 'shorter' that the pos spring).
Soooo ...back to the example, if the pike has 100psi neg spring as well, the two springs cancel each other out at zero travel, making the fork act as if it has zero preload. Because of the 'short length' of the neg spring, this canceling of the pos spring falls off very quickly as the fork compresses.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
The way the negative pressure doesn't cancel out the positive pressure completely is by having less surface area on the air piston to push against. So if you take the solo air piston in the boxxer for example, the positive air will have the full surface of the piston to push against on top of the piston, but below the base of the piston where the negative air chamber resides, the air has a smaller area of piston to push against due to the rod that goes down from it into the lowers.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
can someone explain the difference between how the positive and negative air work together? mainly how the negative air works.

i dont get how if you have higher negative air it makes the fork more active and less makes the fork stiffer
Positive air pushes against the ground.
Negative air pulls away from the ground.....so that is good for small bump sensitivity.

But at high speeds where you are hitting more bumps per second i like to decrease the negative pressure......seems to make the fork less prone to packing up.

awaisyawar

Chimp
Nov 26, 2010
flights to lagos provide you complete air travel guide.Now winter season is start flights decrease the air fares.Now its time to buy the ticket.flights to lagos provides you IATA and ATOL protected faires and policy.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
These people are right. I usually run my negative about 80% of my positive.

Another question? Are you guys getting full travel out of yours? I love the fork for riding AM/XC, but I've never gotten more than about 120mm of travel from the thing. I'm running about 200 psi, so I'm sure that has something to do with it, but according to Sram - it shouldn't. I'm told that if my negative and positive are similar, the fork should bottom no prob. I've rebuilt it before, and that issue didn't go away?

Gridds

Monkey
Dec 18, 2008
Great Britain
Jeeze, you lot all run your forks very oddly. :think:

If you have less pressure in the negative air than the positive the fork feels like gash, almost like a rigid fork I find.

I'm about 200 lbs, run about 150psi in my positive and about 160-170 in the negative. Result is a super plush highly sensitive awesome fork. If it packs down to much speed up the rebound. Simples.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Hey guys this is a 3 year old thread brought back from the dead by a piece of **** spammer. I doubt the OP cares any more.

awaisyawar

Chimp
Nov 26, 2010
The flights’ journey time from London to Australia’s different cities is about 25 hours averagely, a long haul flight; that’s the reason that a limited number of chartered airlines execute the direct flights for Australia but the mega sports events shape up an exceptional scenario.

miuan

Monkey
Jan 12, 2007
Bratislava, Slovakia
Much depends on which chamber you inflate first. Remember that adding pressure to either chamber pushes the piston against another, thus increasing pressure in both chambers. Losing travel is the direct outcome of this. As the neg pressure increases over pos pressure, the dual air piston moves in order to establish new equilibrium. In my opinion, you cannot have higher neg than pos air pressure at any given time except forced topout situations. There may be some limits within this assumption, but this is how my dual air RS forks work.

awaisyawar

Chimp
Nov 26, 2010
Enjoy comprehensive custom-made traveling amenities for your cheap flights get pleasure in the gorgeous land. You can get your cheap flights to Accra. Your Flights with us will be a truly captivating experience of your life.

owaisminhas

Chimp
Feb 23, 2011
The exotic country of Asia – Thailand is one of the most popular tourist destinations whose fame is rising day by day as it is endorsed by the number of tourists who visit this place each year arranging their flights to Thailand and explore the splendid country. You name any thing, any site, any attraction – the country gives you to explore so no matter alone, or with your family, Thailand has got some thing to offer every one. Thailand flights are extensively booked on line and over thousands in number.

So it can be a bit hard to save handsomely on flights to Thailand however if you make sure you book at least three to four months prior to your departure, or at very last minute. The reason is that when you book during the weekends or on the days when any auspicious event is being held there, the more chances of yours are to pay more than your expectations flights to Thailand So keep up a clue that when do you intend to move, and while keeping a marginal time span of about three four months, book on line.

Thailand promises to give you a memorable trip, which upon your arrival you would know and would yearn again and again to be here. The main reason behind this is that no other Asian place is calm, serene, and peaceful other than the Thailand. Each and every attraction here speaks of its own self as if addressing the travelers to stay here and keep on enjoying the tension free life here and the lush tourism traits. The country is also dubbed as the ‘land of smiles’ and this is because of the hospitality of the natives. They greet you smilingly and with full courtesy as if you are their home member and this cultural legacy is the long term inherited trait of the Thai people. The main Thailand flights cities worth visiting include the Bangkok which is the country’s capital, Khal Lak, Phuket (visit Karon Beach), Pattaya, Chian Mari, And the SukhoThai (visit Historical Park). The tourism niche is one of the proliferating businesses here which is one of the country’s corner stones.

owaisminhas

Chimp
Feb 23, 2011
The marvel spot of tourism located in Asia, Bangkok is located in the heart of Asia. The official capital of Thailand is known to be the East’s Venice. And there are several reasons that why the destination is gaining popularity as one of the greatly visited and highly recommended tourist spots in the world. Some reasons to name, out of the list of many are the world’s finest beaches, delicious cuisine, and amazing hospitality of the people, rich history, and diverse culture – all what your cheap flights to Bangkok can give you.
It is always imperative to consider traveling, to get soothe when you get frustrated from your highly intense work routine and no doubt Asian tourism is one of the great things you can enjoy upon getting a break from your hectic quotidian life. Each and every time you book flights to Bangkok and visit Thailand, the more you feel new here because of the fact that there are so many numerous attractions here that it seems that one always have missed out some thing, plus the extreme friendly nature of the natives and the hospitality which they depict makes you feel so homely secure that no matter from where you are, or what do you, or which ethnical background you are – you always love being here and that is why the city is also known as the ‘land of smiles’.
It is always said that a player is quick witted and wins when plays on the front line. So knowing this fact that flights to Bangkok are ample, but at the same time are heavily booked – one has to be really quick and active while getting one for him or her self. Bangkok travel is also ideal for the budget travelers because being here and exploring the city does not requires much of the worth so this too is the reason why the cheap Bangkok flights are always ruminated over and are highly demanded. This increased demand of Bangkok air tickets no doubt have mitigated the costs of air fares to Bangkok but to gain the competitive edge from others, you really ought to book in advance.

owaisminhas

Chimp
Feb 23, 2011
The flights’ journey time from London to Australia’s different cities is about 25 hours averagely, a long haul flight; that’s the reason that a limited number of chartered airlines execute the direct flights for Australia but the mega sports events shape up an exceptional scenario.
Your Flights with us will be a truly captivating experience of your life. To get Cheap Flights to harare deals call at 0207-993-633 and you will be welcomed to unlimited discounted flights deals.

owaisminhas

Chimp
Feb 23, 2011
Travel to Bangkok and enjoy a relaxing and superb stay in the famous hotels of Bangkok. People who book flights to Bangkok must have complete information regarding the best places to stay in Bangkok so that their entire traveling experience may become comfy and relaxing. There is a wide range of fabulous hotels ranging from low cost to luxurious five stars hotels.

The oriental Bangkok hotel is the best hotel of Bangkok. It has been called as a “grand old dame”, and for approximately 130 years monarchs, significant personages and other eminent guests have all went along the well-known Chao Phraya River to the gates of one of the world’s most comfortable and lavish hotels, The Oriental, Bangkok. In the minority of time since the hotel found, the deluxe water's edge The Peninsula Bangkok has swiftly recognized itself as one of Bangkok's most famous hotels. One more magnificence treat is Four Seasons Bangkok, with affects of Thai ubiquitous, from the impressive and patterned atrium with its gigantic chandeliers, to each of the elegantly-allotted guestrooms and suites. Bringing back the magnificence of a past age, The Sukhothai Bangkok hotel unites latest style with the spirit of old-world lavish charm. Restore and revive at Bangkok's best five-star speaks to business or enjoyment, The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok is one of the most lively, famous and lavish hotels. Sukhothai hotel Bangkok is prominent for superb taste and service that goes far beyond the label of job; anticipate brilliantly elegant interiors with unusual art work, and lily ponds that have been used as background for style shoots. Shangri-La hotel Bangkok is the past time favorites that upholds a height of comfort that’s in a world-class league. A milestone in Sukhumvit Road where the Sky train and underground meet up, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit hotel is very commendable without a doubt of the ‘grande’ in its name. Moreover Nasa Vegas hotel, Rex Hotel, Business Inn, and Wood lands Inn are also very much renowned among others.

owaisminhas

Chimp
Feb 23, 2011
South Africa – the name must not be new to you as the worldly famous “FIFA world cup” was held here. Yes indeed, one of the lucrative ventures in the field of travel and tourism is to book flights to Johannesburg, South Africa which is the wealthiest most city of South Africa. The Johannesburg flights concoct an attention grabbing chapter of the travel to South Africa this year, and especially if you are thinking to opt for an international travel. Traveling is the key remedy to relent your exertion and burden from all the day’s hectic routine where you get to see a new facet of the world and a new dimension of amenities and travel traits.

Taking flights to Johannesburg is worth utilizing your money and time equally; because of the fact that flights to Johannesburg are frequently booked, they are available on a cost effective rate and people love to book these online, so you can do the same. And secondly Johannesburg is very large, huge, and colossal – and it requires more than merely a day or couple of days to explore. Cheap flights to Johannesburg The more you get in to it the more you feel like knowing it more. Living standards here are lush and lucrative where as accommodation is available on cheap rate so whether it is your time or whether it is about your money – you enjoy spending both.

Pertinent to cheap flights to Johannesburg, there are many travel packages available all over the world offered by different renowned local and international travel agents and you can book those at your ease as well. So try looking out one for yourself and make sure you conduct this research at least four to five months prior to your sought travel departure. Doing these things prior really saves a lot on not only your cheap flights to Johannesburg, but also on the in city tours, accommodation etc. too.

Abreast, browse through the various web portals of air lines because the earlier you browse, the lesser quotes you get on Johannesburg air tickets, and upon getting the best price which is congruous to your budget; do not delay and simply book