Quantcast

Pilates

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
If any of you monkeys have not yet tried this practice, I HIGHLY recomend it! It is by far the best investment I've made with my gym time in years!

Between your core muscles and stabalizer muscles, your body won't know what hit it. The breathing technique alone has transformed my normal ab / lower back workout, and no matter how much I lift legs, or ride the bike, the leg routines are simply devastating! I love it! I didn't know that I had muscles in the places that I get to hit with pilates.....

Check it out!

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
I hear pilates is excellent, although I have never tried it myself. I hear it's a pretty tough workout, too.
Duddde, it is sooo hard to do RIGHT! I still can't breath right thru the whole class! Tonight I have it...ouch! Karen rocks it!:D She actually talked me into it. At first I was all "naw...that looks lame." Oh how wrong I was!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i just got a pilates video. i wanted to get the basic idea before i submit myself to the toture of a real class. i love it. it is a constant burn. and i am a sucker for pain. :thumb:

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Originally posted by VTinCT
If any of you monkeys have not yet tried this practice, I HIGHLY recomend it! It is by far the best investment I've made with my gym time in years!

Between your core muscles and stabalizer muscles, your body won't know what hit it. The breathing technique alone has transformed my normal ab / lower back workout, and no matter how much I lift legs, or ride the bike, the leg routines are simply devastating! I love it! I didn't know that I had muscles in the places that I get to hit with pilates.....

Check it out!
I agree! I decided to give Yoga and Pilates a try, and I much prefer Pilates. It's a fantastic workout!! :thumb:

teambender

Chimp
Jan 11, 2004
Casa de Motionboy
the Center for Sports Medicine in Boulder recommends that cyclists use pilates to strengthen their core, so you know that the program must be legit!

I need to start my personal pilates regimine (no classes available in my area:angry: ) again because my back is demanding it.

If anyone wants to read up on the subject, I recommend "The Pilates Body" by Brooke Siler

Good dirt.