Quantcast

Pint sized skatepark action

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
My daughter figuring out the clover bowl at Denver skatepark. The toughest part is the slippery surface, especially after a long time w/o rain.

Last edited:

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
It's an older Specialized Hotrock 16. I added hand brakes, swapped the seat, post, tires and bars, which dropped 2.5 lbs, but it's still 17 lbs. Next upgrade is ditching the coaster brake, just gotta find some short spokes...

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
It's an older Specialized Hotrock 16. I added hand brakes, swapped the seat, post, tires and bars, which dropped 2.5 lbs, but it's still 17 lbs. Next upgrade is ditching the coaster brake, just gotta find some short spokes...

man that sounds rad. but have you ever tried a micro mini or mini for her? the lightness is insane.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
man that sounds rad. but have you ever tried a micro mini or mini for her? the lightness is insane.
We haven't seen any up close yet, and I don't know of any shops around here that stock them. She's 5 and short for her age. I'm sure the bigger wheels (and lighter weight) would make lots of things easier, tho.

Wish I could've gotten some better footage from today in the same bowl. She was carving nearly to coping, but her brother wasn't happy, so I had one hand rocking him while shooting video of her with the other. I'm apparently not very good at multi-tasking...

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
Wow, those Cult's do look good. I did a bunch of shopping around before going Specialized and at the time, no one else made an a bike of comparable weight. Depending on prices, it might be better to go with a Cult 16 vs. upgrading more parts on her Hotrock.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
Another short one of Sofia, this time at the new ginormous snake run at Arvada. That place is finally slowing down enough that it's not packed mid-day on a Thursday.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
If only they hadn't bulldozed the Arvada bmx track so they could build an indoor field sports arena. Word is, another track is coming this summer, tho.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Apparently this kid is sponsored by S&M . . . .

9 year old - Marcus Christopher - Ray's indoor mountain bike park