Quantcast

Plans for 2007

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
After a ****ty 2006 with my grandad becoming ill, then my grandma dieing(who i miss so much), then losing my job and car but now i have my stilo yay, and now im hoping for some good luck in
2007. Im hoping to get a couple new parts for my car and bike and to start training for the 2008 london marathon

Mastamind

Chimp
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
After an up and down 2006. 2007 should be looking better. I went back to school. School is going well and should continue that way. I hope that in 2007 I can get some new bike parts, continue working out, and continue doing well in class

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Tough call for me. Lotsa good, lotsa not so good in 2006. Still reasonably healthy, just hope my job situation remains decent in 2007... That, and the booty situation of course...

Oh right, then I have to actually ride the bike I bought after the DH season ended!

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
My ‘06 was not too bad. It had its ups and it had its downs. Most of the downs were due to financial struggles. One of my hopes for 07 is to start making significant money with photography.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
'07:
keep my 'day job'
double the size of my company
buy another residence
do more pro bono/ volunteer work
have my girlfiriend move in with me

:thumb:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I hope things will go better for me too...

The bad:
-Staph infection right before my 21st birthday on my knee. I could not walk and spent 4 days in the hospital and could not drink until 2 weeks after my birthday. No free shots for me at the bars. Lame.
-Broke and dislocated my shoulder dirt jumping. Spent almost 4 months off the bike. Making it so I could not race in nationals and also go on my trip to Whistler I had been planning for almost a year.
-Broke my finger in a practice before a race
-Split my head open at a developer’s conference while being drunk and my boss saying swimming is a good idea.
-Got some weird and really lame viral infection that resulted in 3 weeks of non-stop headache that was worse than a migraine, Spinal tap, and LOTS of pain.
-Grandpa went crazy, cheated on my Grandma, and started selling prescription drugs.
-Grandma had a heart attack and lots of other heart related issues. She’s getting her pacemaker put in today.
-My mom got in a head on in her new car and totaled it (some guy was hauling ass and lost control and hit her head on)
-Got laid off
-My 21 year old cousin had a break down and has spent 2+ weeks in a psychiatric hospital. They think he might be schizophrenic.
-Broke up with my girlfriend of almost 3 years, she started doing coke shortly after and also she started dating a drunk who’s broken his jaw 2 times this year from being to drunk. He also was drunk at work one day and broke a bottle and tried to stab someone with it. Needless to say I changed my locks.
-Almost had my car towed and ended up paying $100 for them to take my car off the truck after 2+ hours of me giving them hell.
+Tons of other not good things. Those were just some of the highlights.

The good:
-My brother had a baby boy (Score now I'm an uncle!)
-I got my new job working for a cell phone software development company that works with Motorola/Samsung/Verizon. Best job I have ever had.
-In the race where I broke my finger I ended up getting 3rd.

Best year ever. Bring it on 2007!!!!!!111oneoneone

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
07 will be the same as 06. Bike parts, rides and school. Lots of school.
HA-HA!!!

I just finished my last test in school EVER!! Just 8 months of clinicals + taking the Boards = getting paid again!!

So I guess '07 is looking good with turning 30 soon, vacations to the mountains, boston, possibly guatamala and prague, and a road trip out west to oregon/washington/vancouver, graduation, move away from nashville, new job, new house....I think I'll be a little busy. No time to have a bad year!! :D

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
HA-HA!!!

Just 8 months of clinicals + taking the Boards....... vacations to the mountains, boston, possibly guatamala and prague, and a road trip out west to oregon/washington/vancouver, graduation, move away from nashville, new job, new house....I think I'll be a little busy

geesh...better take your vitamins

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
I am trying to get N8 to move out west so we can ride more...........

Wish me luck!

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
06 first half was amazing
2nd half sucked ass, more or less
def had it's ups and downs
UPSamazing g/f, good friends, making money, living life, placing first in my first dh race ever, in sport under 18
Downsbroke up with g/f, 400 dollar speeding ticket, got in a load of trouble with the rents, school sucks (but doing well)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good luck in '07 UKJ!

I've had an amazing and life altering 2006 (I had a baby, turned 30, and began what I hope becomes a career of solo 24 hour races) so I hope that 2007 brings me as much joy as this year has.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
This year has been a mixed bag....and an emotional one at that.

My son (& second child) was born Jan. 17th
My dad passed away Nov. 24th
Had some financial hardship early in the year
Just came into some money (see dad's passing) that will allow us to do some wonderful things in '07.
Met all kinds of new monkeys and did some great trail riding.
Didn't get to race DH at all this year (see financial hardship)...

But over-all, it was a decent year. There are certainly people who had worse.

For '07 I'm hoping for big things!!

New bikey!
Addition on the house!
Paying off some debt!
Racing more! (DH & 24-hour)
Riding more!
Watching my kids grow up...

Real excited about what the future holds right now.... :)