Quantcast

Plans for North Shore Burke Park Stunts

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
where r u guys trying to build stuff cause i can come and help if u need any and i would love to try some north shore stuff

alterego

Chimp
Dec 15, 2004
bballboy388 said:
where r u guys trying to build stuff cause i can come and help if u need any and i would love to try some north shore stuff
We need to hear from our threads leading expert on NS, vwmtnbkr, this guy can bomb and he knows stuff. I was trying to get him to take me to the shed where he shreds.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Sir_Crackien said:
THIS tread is dead let i die in peace!! this thread brings back bad memories for many people (me included in that)
what bad memories? Did you guys get dissed bad on that idea? Nobody ever posted anything about what was happening on this "project".

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
we got dissed in a very bad way. poobah and i put about 4 solid and hard week into the progect and talked to all the right people. ever to MORE and that is were is all went wrong. them said that they would talk to the proper people and appaerntly they never did. that wrote letters to use saying that they were getting some were and then the letters just stop appering! nothing saying that the idea fell though or anything. they just stop trying it they ever really tried in the first place!

we really put alot of work into the thing for a negetive result. that would be that they now look for these trail in the porposed areas. so there is NO possiblity to ever just biuld them anyway. don't ever try because poobahs' and my names are all over that kinda stuff

mtbmore

Chimp
Mar 25, 2004
Dumfries
I am the outgoing President of MORE and have been involved with the discussion with you all at South Run. Nancy Devore the MORE Advocacy Director gave you guys some specific names of people to contact and what needed to be done. MORE, in case you did not know it is an all volunteer organization made up of all kinds of MTB'ers XC DH FR etc. We have information but not always the people or the time to do it for you. If you want to pursue Freeride in Fairfax County contact me Scott Scudamore mtbmore <at> comcast <dot> net. I will give you the names again of the people you need to contact and who in MORE might be able to help you (if they have time and cycles). The bottom line is if you want something to happen you will have to do it yourself. We have legitimacy in Fairfax County, liability insurance and non-profit status. We can give all that to you but most of the effort has to come from you or the people that want to make South Run a reality.

:)

Mar 29, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
We've built a ton of stunts out this way (in Colorado). But my advice is to but up a no trespassing sign just to cover your bases insurance wise. I don't know how that would fly if you were to get sued, though. I'm sure DBR could throw together a waiver for ya :)

Heres a link to some pics. I think the plans are still down on paper, so if you need help i could get my buddy to scan them for ya... http://www.pounderracing.com/gallery/stunts

good luck.

-Eric

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
mtbmore said:
MORE, in case you did not know it is an all volunteer organization made up of all kinds of MTB'ers XC DH FR etc. We have information but not always the people or the time to do it for you.
mtbmore said:
The bottom line is if you want something to happen you will have to do it yourself. We have legitimacy in Fairfax County, liability insurance and non-profit status. We can give all that to you but most of the effort has to come from you or the people that want to make South Run a reality.
Worth repeating.

Sep 29, 2004
i started this thread a while back adn this is how the story goes....

we (crackien especially and others included) had the idea and the gumption to start building north shore stunt parks in the area. we did all the right steps contacted IMBA who told us to contact more. we even got in personal contact with a certain ms nancy devore. alot of people were supportive and it seems there were many other plans already in place to put freeriding in this area legally. however someone somewhere dropped the ball, it seems right at the height of the planning situation (there was even a council meeting on the introduction of freeride parks into the area with IMBA and MORE) i went to Utah. When i returned i never ehard a thing about the aprks again, ms devore wouldnt answer any emails and the dream was dead.... its dead now the people who began this idea have already given up long ago. there is no more orginizational effort behind this idea... sorry

Sep 29, 2004
yo man no offense you cant say that when you know what youre talkign about but we legitamately ran into "this will not happen" from the county and since its on county land what they say goes. and neways you dont know how hard crackien and i tried so don't act like we didn't put up our end.

Sep 29, 2004
this shouldn't even be argued anymore, if anyone wants to try again by all means do, and ill be one of the first people to back you up but as for this specific attempt its over... but hey no one ever wins ont he first try...

Jan 24, 2005
powhatan va
yo...lets ride at my place some time...i'll have as many as yall as want to come...we got some stuff here but i need a good build day at my place. pm me if you want to come out here. oh yeah i live in powhatan va...its about an hour and a half from culpepper...and brian...best of luck at the burke farm as well.