Quantcast

Plantaar facitis

MeMTbiker39

Chimp
Aug 23, 2010
I have been dealing with this for what seems like months, would like to hear what others are doing to combat this. When not riding my bike I like to run and haven't been able to run since June. I have been icing it, stretching, rolling a frozen water bottle, got orthoped's for my shoes btu can't shake this and am really getting frustrated. Anyone dealing with this and have a solution?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Plantar fasciitis is the spelling, should help in googling it. Traditional treatments are anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs: ibuprofen/naproxen/etc.), stretching, cold/warm compresses as you see fit.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
I had terrible problems with this until I actually looked at the anatomy and figured out what needed stretching. When I start to feel it, I basically grab my big and middle toe in one hand, all the rest in the other and pull to the sides as hard as I can stand, spreading the toes apart. Then I get an ice pack and put it under my foot for a few hours.

Kinda like a Vulcan salute for your foot

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I know someone that was having problems with it. He recently switched to running in Vibram Five Fingers and hasn't had a problem with it since. They help resolve some of those running form issues that Dicey mentioned.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
If you are in my area I can swing you a discount on some five fingers.

Yes they are supposed to improve your stride but they have problems with durability and get really stinky really fast.

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
I had issues with it a few years ago...came from wearing ****ty shoes/insoles.
I had phsyio for a while and used the resistance bands. Proper arch support in my shoes/boots has helped. I dont do a lot of impact training on my feet anymore. I swim or use an eliptical machine for cardio. Im on my feet a lot for work and I hike/backpack a good deal and have had no issues in a few years.