Quantcast

Played Mtb Photographer

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
so the local bike org had a clinic on one of the hard loops at a local trail. seeing that my skills as a rider are so new, it was pointless for me to attend this particular clinic, but i had a few friends going and still wanted to see what the clinic was about. so instead i borrowed a Nikon d2h from a friend and took photos instead. it was a great day. not only did i get to see HOW these 2 creek crossing should be riden (for when i can actually ride that loop) but i also got to use a kick *ss camera. and have gotten a lot of great responses to the photos. these are not all of them but a handful that the camera owner sent through first.

http://fresh-elements.com/images/galleries/dorba_rcp/

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
no, but for clinics, it is an excellent way to get riders to understand the body english they need to be using for drop in situations.
Why would you learn and practice with your seat down, when you are going to be riding with it up?

Nice pictures, there are a few that look they were clicked a hair too soon. The D2 is a SERIOUS camera though, and if you are not used to working with one, I'm pretty impressed that as your first time.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
Why would you learn and practice with your seat down, when you are going to be riding with it up?

Nice pictures, there are a few that look they were clicked a hair too soon. The D2 is a SERIOUS camera though, and if you are not used to working with one, I'm pretty impressed that as your first time.
thanks...it WAS the first time using it...and yea i could tell there were several shots were i clicked just a bit too soon. i have actually been pleased that i got any at all. i am still waiting to see the rest...apparently i got a few good more. definitely happy about the outcome.

The guy with the blue camo on his left leg...that a prosthetic? Props to him. Nice images.
yea that's a prosthetic. apparently while i was walking the trail to get to that spot he ran over a guy who crashed in front of them. how hard core is that!!?? wouldn't want to be the guy explaining "i crashed and got run over by a guy with a prosthetic." :bonk:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country

:stupid:

I like the above angle on the creek crossing shots. Good stuff!