Quantcast

please help me decide!!!

andres611

Chimp
Jun 28, 2007
i am not sure if it is already out of the question but I would stick with the enduro, or if you like something lighter, better climber but not as strong on the DH, look at a Stumpjumper.

Besides the bike you should think about is customer support. No matter where you go Specialized has a dealer. They are awesome when it comes to warranties, they really care about making the customer happy. I've been riding Specialized enduros for about 5 years and have no complains about them.

If you have a problem with the Intense, where are you going to take it? you would have to deal directly with the factory and ship things back and forth. I am just saying is always good to have the factory support close to you.

miked.

Chimp
Aug 4, 2009
Vancouver
that's a great point andres611. i would have nowhere to take the bike to, but i think i've fallen in love. i just want to make sure i'm not being ripped off.

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
can i ask you, what exactly does demo bike mean? i will have to have the bike shipped to me so i can't see it in advance. should i expect a scratched up bike?

right now i'd say that it's sitting just under 50%... maybe 45%. that's assuming the price on that website is accurate, plus 13% tax added.
Usually a demo bike has been used by a rep or shop for test rides on the trail and/or around the shop. Doesn't sound like a bad deal...I don't really know much about Intense customer service and warranty but I would make sure it comes with a warranty if at all possible (you never know) as andres611 makes a good point. Do you have a local dealer?

miked.

Chimp
Aug 4, 2009
Vancouver
Usually a demo bike has been used by a rep or shop for test rides on the trail and/or around the shop. Doesn't sound like a bad deal...I don't really know much about Intense customer service and warranty but I would make sure it comes with a warranty if at all possible (you never know) as andres611 makes a good point. Do you have a local dealer?
my closest dealer is about 4 or 5 hours away. distributor for canada is 5 hours away. it comes under warranty still, but intense warranty i guess is only 2 years. not sure if that's fairly standard or not...

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Put it this way, Specialized has a lifetime warranty unless it is a DH bike then it is a 5yr warranty.
Also Specialized is pretty good with their warranty.
Giant and Devinci have lifetime warranties, I believe on all their bikes.
Botique or smaller companies like Intense and Santa Cruz only have a 1-2yr or no warranty at all, like on FRO frames.
Yeah you may look cool and hip on an Intense but with their warranty and customer service, who cares about cool. I will stay with the other companies.

miked.

Chimp
Aug 4, 2009
Vancouver
Put it this way, Specialized has a lifetime warranty unless it is a DH bike then it is a 5yr warranty.
Also Specialized is pretty good with their warranty.
Giant and Devinci have lifetime warranties, I believe on all their bikes.
Botique or smaller companies like Intense and Santa Cruz only have a 1-2yr or no warranty at all, like on FRO frames.
Yeah you may look cool and hip on an Intense but with their warranty and customer service, who cares about cool. I will stay with the other companies.
another good point. i would hate for my frame to crack on 2 years 1 day and not be able to do anything about it.

speaking of giant, i was looking at the reign x, but it's heavier than i was looking for. not to mention i can't seem to find a great build at a great price on a reign.

i would say the main thing attracting me to the tracer vp right now is the almost half the money price tag. well that and all the stellar reviews.

regarding warranties, how many times have you ever had to actually return a frame?

miked.

Chimp
Aug 4, 2009
Vancouver
well, it's too late now... i've purchased the beauty. she arrives tomorrow and i can't wait to have the weekend with her. thank you all for all your input over the last couple weeks. hard to believe i started by looking at the rush and the stump jumper and ended up with this.

Attachments