Quantcast

Pledge of Allegiance declared unconstitutional

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Originally posted by sirknight6

Those judges can go F*ck themselves. Don't like it? move back to your own f*ckin country.

Jeese, no wonder it was easy for these morons to destroy the WTC, our government let 'em.
:p The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals destroyed the WTC? :p And all this time I thought it was a group of fanatics driven by religious zeal.... :rolleyes:

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
Those judges can go F*ck themselves. Don't like it? move back to your own f*ckin country.

Jeese, no wonder it was easy for these morons to destroy the WTC, our government let 'em.
what a bitch.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Fine,

Stop paying the f*ckin teachers!!!!!!!

It says God on the back of the dollar bill!!!!

Heceforth, it is unconstitutional to pay these A$$holes!!!!!!!!

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal

Whoa hoss, back up. If you don't like something that goes on here in America, you have the right to speak up about it and to lobby for change. This country was founded on the idea of freedom. Because we are free to express our opinions and views, some things people think and say may not agree with your belief system. They have the right to express their views without threat of harm or expulsion by the government or by the citizens.
I can't stand when people say stupid things like "Don't like it? Move back to your own f*ckin country." ...but I won't try to stop you from saying it. It's your opinion and you have a right to it as long as you don't actually make someone do it.

Oh yeah, and I think the judges are right on with this.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Originally posted by El Jefe

Whoa hoss, back up. If you don't like something that goes on here in America, you have the right to speak up about it and to lobby for change. This country was founded on the idea of freedom. Because we are free to express our opinions and views, some things people think and say may not agree with your belief system. They have the right to express their views without threat of harm or expulsion by the government or by the citizens.
I can't stand when people say stupid things like "Don't like it? Move back to your own f*ckin country." ...but I won't try to stop you from saying it. It's your opinion and you have a right to it as long as you don't actually make someone do it.

Oh yeah, and I think the judges are right on with this.
Hate me you may, but I'm right on the money. When our forefathers included "freedom of religion", it ment choose your denomination, not godlessness. Every document that founded and forged our great country was BASED on God!!!!
Period, you cannot even come close to beggining an argument on that point.

Next, It was because of morons that make this ruling in the first place help find our land, to get away from opinionation of the Government.

next, it was a christian orginazation that founded our public school system.

Our country was founded based on CHRISTIAN principles.

so what you call a stupid statement pisses you off because of were we came from. like you said, you are entitled to your own opinion like the rest of us.

Every negative comment about God and removal of God from our country, is just another way to get away without having any accountability..................

peace.

(PS, these are my own opinions largly founded upon fact. I mean no insult to any Monkey nor target any monkey here personally, nor there personall beliefs)

Even if ther wrong!!! :p

:D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Originally posted by BikeGeek

Sorry, I'll refrain from referring to dirtgirl as Pookie or Snookums in the future.

ahh, ditto!!!

LOL!!!!

Really, No need for personall attacks, nor will I tolerate it..........

A little thing called respect!!

for example:

"I respect nasty Girls!!!"

:p

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by BikeGeek

I don't think "God" (the name, not the deity) is universal. "God" is a Christian name for the supreme being, just like Allah is the Muslim name for the supreme being. In a sense, Christianity is being promoted over other religions. Looking at the time frame that the "under God" was added, it makes sense, the US was a Christian nation.

Still is.

The VAST majority of the US populace are "Christian" (blanket inclusion of religions that accept God-Jesus-Holy Spirit) including Catholic and Protestant.

So why is it that when we are supposed to be "By the people-For the people." the will of the majority of the people gets subverted by a vocal minority?

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
hmm...separation of church and state....i'd say screw the government and let the damn church run this country. let the "majority" get what they want. I'll be moving to England when that happens, cause Canadians are retarded lameasses...........alright alright, you know i was joking about the whole moving thing, right :thumb: :D

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by M.W.

Honestly, I think that kicking kids out of school for wearing crosses and such, is complete sh*t. But if I'm gonna get in trouble for wearing my Bad Religion shirt, or kids are gonna get in trouble for wearing their Little Devil shirts, then it should be universal.

And what about the kids at my school who would yell at me and proclaim that I was going to hell and blah blah blah? I always got in trouble for arguing back at them, but they never got in trouble for claiming that I was going to be eternally damned, which I think is more offensive...

On a side note:
I really dig Bad Religion.

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Originally posted by Damn True

Still is.

The VAST majority of the US populace are "Christian" (blanket inclusion of religions that accept God-Jesus-Holy Spirit) including Catholic and Protestant.

So why is it that when we are supposed to be "By the people-For the people." the will of the majority of the people gets subverted by a vocal minority?
Majority rule is always mentioned, but what is overlooked? Minority Rights - i.e. equal protection. Think of the Jim Crow laws of the South prior to the civil rights movement. Majority rule was pretty dang handy unless you were on the short end of the stick.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Originally posted by Spud

Majority rule is always mentioned, but what is overlooked? Minority Rights - i.e. equal protection. Think of the Jim Crow laws of the South prior to the civil rights movement. Majority rule was pretty dang handy unless you were on the short end of the stick.
Man kind corrupts, not God......

Being human makes everything we do faleable(sp?).

so, here we go in a circle again.......:rolleyes:

LOL!!!!!

:p

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal

Hate me you may, but I'm right on the money. When our forefathers included "freedom of religion", it ment choose your denomination, not godlessness. Every document that founded and forged our great country was BASED on God!!!!
Period, you cannot even come close to beggining an argument on that point.

Next, It was because of morons that make this ruling in the first place help find our land, to get away from opinionation of the Government.

next, it was a christian orginazation that founded our public school system.

Our country was founded based on CHRISTIAN principles.

so what you call a stupid statement pisses you off because of were we came from. like you said, you are entitled to your own opinion like the rest of us.

Every negative comment about God and removal of God from our country, is just another way to get away without having any accountability..................

peace.

(PS, these are my own opinions largly founded upon fact. I mean no insult to any Monkey nor target any monkey here personally, nor there personall beliefs)

Even if ther wrong!!! :p

I never said anything about hating you. Just because I can't stand what you said about "getting the f......" does not mean I hate you.

You're absolutely correct that this nation was founded on christianity. As we as a nation have grown, the presence and influence of other religions, and the idea of no religion has become a reality. Is it change for the better? Well, I guess it depends on your personal views and beliefs. I have not expressed my personal beliefs because they are in fact irrelevent to this thread. I have the right to my beliefs, and I have the right not to have the government ask me to believe anything else.

I do think it somewhat ironic that money has "In God We Trust" printed on it, but that's a different discussion topic.

By the way, I vote Republican in case you're accusing me of being a flaming liberal.....not that there's anything wrong with that.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I never said anything about hating you. Just because I can't stand what you said about "getting the f......" does not mean I hate you.

You're absolutely correct that this nation was founded on christianity. As we as a nation have grown, the presence and influence of other religions, and the idea of no religion has become a reality. Is it change for the better? Well, I guess it depends on your personal views and beliefs. I have not expressed my personal beliefs because they are in fact irrelevent to this thread. I have the right to my beliefs, and I have the right not to have the government ask me to believe anything else.

I do think it somewhat ironic that money has "In God We Trust" printed on it, but that's a different discussion topic.

By the way, I vote Republican in case you're accusing me of being a flaming liberal.....not that there's anything wrong with that.
ROFLMAO!!!!!

That was SO politically correctly put it's scarey!!!! LOL!!!!!

peace!!!!:thumb:

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego

Republican's drink Guiness??!! No way!! Republican's are so cool now! :D Nothing wrong with Republicans but I swear, there must have been a better candidate than George Bush. He seems like a swell guy but he's just an idiot most of the time it's embarassing.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal

ROFLMAO!!!!!

That was SO politically correctly put it's scarey!!!! LOL!!!!!

peace!!!!:thumb:
Haha! You're right. Too much time spent working for a university.... I have to rewrite audit reports sometimes because certain terms could possibly be construed as offensive. So I can have someone arrested on fraud charges, but I can't say they committed fraud. :rolleyes:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Originally posted by ibismojo

Republican's drink Guiness??!! No way!! Republican's are so cool now! :D Nothing wrong with Republicans but I swear, there must have been a better candidate than George Bush. He seems like a swell guy but he's just an idiot most of the time it's embarassing.

true dat,

BUT,

he is kicking the ever lovin' hell out of those terrorists!!!!!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...

Haha! You're right. Too much time spent working for a university.... I have to rewrite audit reports sometimes because certain terms could possibly be construed as offensive. So I can have someone arrested on fraud charges, but I can't say they committed fraud. :rolleyes:
A leason I too must learn!!!!!

Or

A skill I too must learn!!!!!

LOL!!!!

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego

true dat,

BUT,

he is kicking the ever lovin' hell out of those terrorists!!!!!
perhaps for this presidential term....but we could be screwed later on. someone out there is paying very close attention to the politics in this country.

it's funny how things shift so dramatically with each president. when clinton was president, we made significant progress in brain treatment for disorders such as Parkinson's disease. the use of stem cells helped a lot but now that Bush is in office...everyone just kinda stopped what they're doing or moved to europe to continue the research.

edit: now that reminds me of the last south park episode...hehe. Woohoo!! new one tonight! finally...after all these months (3 btw).

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
OK here is a prayer that we can all agree on

Grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change.
The
courage to change the things I can. And the wisdom to hide the bodies of
those I had to kill today because they pissed me off. And also, help me to
be careful of the toes I step on today. As they may be connected to the ass
I may have to kiss tomorrow. Help me to always give 100% at work... 12% on
Monday, 23% on Tuesday, 40% on Wednesday, 20% on Thursday, and 5% on
Friday.
And help me to remember when I'm having a really bad day, and it seems that
people are trying to piss me off...

It takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4 to extend my middle finger
and say, "Bite me." Amen

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal

Wow, I guess I am a Republican. Although I do have some views that fall well outside of party lines, so I don't vote straight ticket. Oh, and Bush? He was the lesser of the two evils. Now more importantly, Guinness. I bleed Guinness. I drank one while riding a road century last year, and this year on my birthday (this coming Sunday) I'll be tossing back a couple Pub Draughts before, during and after my ride.:D

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal

A leason I too must learn!!!!!

Or

A skill I too must learn!!!!!

LOL!!!!
What's that, fraud? It's easy. :eek: I mean... umm oh you mean that pc crap. Yeah it took me a while, but I think I have it down pat now.

:thumb:

perhaps for this presidential term....but we could be screwed later on. someone out there is paying very close attention to the politics in this country.

it's funny how things shift so dramatically with each president. when clinton was president, we made significant progress in brain treatment for disorders such as Parkinson's disease. the use of stem cells helped a lot but now that Bush is in office...everyone just kinda stopped what they're doing or moved to europe to continue the research.
oh no, thats a whole other thread right there... don't get me started... sigh. valuable time is being lost in the search for cures because of political agendas.

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego

Wow, I guess I am a Republican. Although I do have some views that fall well outside of party lines, so I don't vote straight ticket. Oh, and Bush? He was the lesser of the two evils. Now more importantly, Guinness. I bleed Guinness. I drank one while riding a road century last year, and this year on my birthday (this coming Sunday) I'll be tossing back a couple Pub Draughts before, during and after my ride.:D
you should have been at Paul McCartney's wedding. Not that I was there or anything but the dude brought a truckload of Guinness kegs. And I'm talking about a serious truckload. Wish I could remember where I saw the picture.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...

It's all just relative, since,

Leatherface is my hero!!!!

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
Originally posted by dirtgirl

oh no, thats a whole other thread right there... don't get me started... sigh. valuable time is being lost in the search for cures because of political agendas.
well....i wouldn't take stem cell research too lightly. as a researcher or scientist....you should have the highest regards to ethics and morals. and not every researcher and scientist have that sadly.