Quantcast

PNW's Picture thread!!

Gonz

Chimp
Feb 9, 2004
WA
Victor Falls ??? cool. wheres abouts ? let me guess hows about on the east side of the paved road, near the north end ? based on the big timber in the picture ?

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
Just kidn.

Yah yah got me. Hows is it you all?

Indeed Ice is right. The super 8 is down for count. I finally took the bike in to the shop after many many many months of abuse and I found super amounts of problems.

- Rear Shock seeped some air into oil ( I presume )
- Rear shock, lower mount bracket stripped and has been bent forever.
- Rear derailer hanger stripped ( the big extruded piece )
- BB all rusty ( I did fix this )
- Pinched Hydro brake line ( fixed )
- Hub Body bearings locked up in my hadley ( sorta fixed )
- Fork Seals Leaking
- Nearly every bolt loose ( fixed... for now )
- Chain Guide all fouled
- Chain quick release broke as I cleaned ( on a 60$ chain??? ) Fixed
- Optional: I am going to go to a faster 26" setup in the rear and I may build the wheels a little lighter this side of the 30 lbs that they are now. ( any ideas on Rims? )

Well, since this is a picture forum, I will post some other pictures I have sitting around uselessly on my HD... ( all my pics though )

So here you go, enjoy! ( BTW did I tell you I met Ryan Leech? Super cool guy )

Rider: Jacob Freepons Lk. Tahoe `

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
dang, that sucks dude. so I'm guessing you're saving up for a new frame then?
I'm sure you could probably send the 5th back to them and have them overhaul it under warenty or something.
Is there anyway you could replace the swingarm to fix all the other problems, such as the bent and stripped shock mount? santa cruz might have some spare der. hangers, but i doubt it. might be able to find a used one.
Joe and i went back to the wall of death last night, i've learned how to ride up onto the wall perpendicular and do a 180 and ride back down. I was also able to to the small gap to trany that i did on your super 8. I was prety stoked about that.
As for new Rims, you might want to look into getting some halo combat rims, those are pretty strong, the next step up are the SAS rims which are even stronger, you can get those in black, white, or gold. I'm thinking about getting one pretty soon for my rear rim because mine is shot and has been for a long time. you might be able to call diatech directy and get a deal through them. but scott(a guy who works in the parts department at greg's) works at diatech too. you could talk to him and try and work something out. If you're deciding to rebuild front and rear, i might be interested in buying your 26" double wide if the price is right, and if its a 36. if its a 32 i guess i could just buy a new hub too.
anyways. i got to go. take it easy. and good luck with all the tko parts.
-Jerry

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
ahhh, normally you are correct mpluto, and it does not look like it in the picture but "Iridebikes" comes from a lineage of trials riding..... so I am pretty sure the landing came out smooth.

Me on the other hand..... it hurts to go over 12" drop to flat..... but then thats just me. :rolleyes:

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
ya, the biggest drop to flat i've done since then has only been about 5 feet. Its not worth the pain. plus I don't really trust my z1, or my hussefelt cranks. I can't really afford to replace either one of those.
By the way, WARider, where is that trail? that's a sick picture.

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
If you want to come ride it sometime, just drop me a pm or an email. We are still building it and probably still will be for at least a month but theres some nice hits ready to ride. Maybe if you want to help us build some, I could show you around.

~J

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
I live in Puyallup. Drop me a pm if you want to come check it out. It's nothing like exit 27, went out there for my first time yesterday and was blown away by the amount of work those guys are putting in. Props to the exit 27 crew, those guys know how to build....and ride!