• i ride my bike to work and it's not a tandem

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
just a question which was prompted by the gas price thread.

edit - i usually carpool once or twice a week. we've only got one car and my wife needs the car sometimes, so i rotate through w/ some of the guys.

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Never cause my work schedule is WAY to messed up to ever get outa here on a normal time.. and then the side job afterwards doesn't help. (personly I think Americans work to much) HAHAHA

I hope to start riding once i get done with this side job! That should help. :p

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
never, no one is stupid enough to work and live on the oppisite sides of the Washington DC Beltway LIKE THE DUMB A$$ JMVAR!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sit in my car an hour each way with people yelling at me and trying to run me off the road....

<stepping down from soap box/>

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I work in the same building as my girlfriend, and carpool with her almost every day.

I'm putting a little $$ away to purchase a road bike this summer and start commuting that way - only about a 10 mile ride. Figure it'll pay for itself in gas and car wear & tear in pretty short order.

5cents

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
in the 303/720
I carpool at most 1x per month.

all the travel while at work, does not promote the carpool thing, but hey, I still ride my bike in, when I have no where to go.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Once a month. But really I shouldn't be answering as the only time I ever get into a car is when me and my buds go somewhere...(I don't/can't drive)

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
to work? never.

never ride the bus either, takes too damm long and it's full of stinky hippies.

I have a job so I can buy gas for my car so I can get to work so I can buy gas for my car....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Never. I live less than 5 miles to work and it would require more driving to meet someone to car pool with. But I am working hard at being unemployed so hopefully I will soon be carpooling with my dog when I get up from bed in the morning to go lay on the couch.

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Since February of this year... never. Before February... every day of the week. My wife and I worked half a block from each other, so it was sweet. But then I got fired and my new job is 15 miles in the opposite direction.

I've ridden to work a couple of times, but the rush hour traffic on the way home freaks me out.... especially since there were something like 20+ bikers hit and injured/killed here last year.

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
I have been riding my bike for the last couple of weeks, it rocks, but I figure I need to get used to it, since at the end of the month my wife and I give up our cars. I sometimes walk. The only time I drive is when I'm wiked late or its raining.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I either ride my bike or drive 2 miles to the light rail. Gas prices suck, but when it's 4 miles a day, it aint too bad.

Once my new bike is paid off, I will either ride it all the way in, or to the farthest station. MAX is sweet.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by BikeGeek
Never, but only because I walk to work. :)
ditto. or if i'm feeling lazy i take the free max train into downtown :thumb: . portland rocks

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by jmvar
never, no one is stupid enough to work and live on the oppisite sides of the Washington DC Beltway LIKE THE DUMB A$$ JMVAR!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sit in my car an hour each way with people yelling at me and trying to run me off the road....

<stepping down from soap box/>

You'd be suprised...... I know lots of people that do that.

This past summer, I got to drive the FFX county parkway to Rt. 50 every day :( not QUITE as bad as the beltway, but close!

This summer, I'll be carpooling everyday because I am working with my best friend (Beckah, who has apparantly abondoned us here on RM :angry: ) and she lives 4 minutes from me.

Then we get to drive from Springfield to Catholic University. Yippie