Quantcast

Pork Chops...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I just got done breading some pork chops and then frying them in the left over bacon grease from this morning :drool:

Along with the frozen tater tots I got from Kroger, this is probably the best thing I've ever eaten.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
spoken like a true gourmand.

no krispy kreme for dessert?

fwiw, for chops i recommend a 6 spice dry rub (salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, dry mustard, a hint of allspice) and grill until the center is very pale pink.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I Are Baboon said:
Leftover bacon grease???

most people in the south keep an old coffee can of it under their sink. just pull it out when you need to fry something up, or just add it to food for flavor.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Brian HCM#1 said:
Thats just not right :nope:
That is why fat people with heart disease & diabetes are EVERYWHERE here.

TN is like 49 or 50 in the list of unhealthy states. Everyone smokes too.

Memphis (where we live:blah: ) has been ranked the unhealthiest city in the country numerous times.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
I found this recipe for pork chops a while back. Great for when you don't have much time to cook. Takes about 30 minutes start to finish.

I also added some fresh asparagus to to the mix to get some veggies in there. :drool:

Ingredients
3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
2 tablespoons low-calorie Italian salad dressing
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 pork loin chops, cut 1/2-inch thick (1-1/4 pounds total)
Nonstick cooking spray
1 medium onion, halved and sliced

Directions
1. In a small bowl combine mustard, Italian dressing, and pepper; set aside.
2. Trim excess fat from chops. Spray a 10-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and brown on both sides. Remove chops from skillet.
3. Add onion to skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes. Push onion aside; return chops to skillet. Spread mustard mixture over chops. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve onion over pork chops. Makes 4 servings.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Add a touch of bacon grease to ground beef when you make hamburgers or mashed 'taters and your in for a treat.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I Are Baboon said:
Leftover bacon grease???
Dude, dont knock it until you try it. Next time you cook some bacon, just save the grease. It cant go bad. Its grease. Best stuff ever.