Quantcast

Possible New Bike (Gemini)

Burnwood

Chimp
Nov 10, 2002
Victoria, BC
So after evaluating my current ride, I decided that it was about time that I retired my trusty old Giant AC. I came upon this deal while on the prowl for a new frame.

Here she is:

What cranks are these? Durable?

I got to take a test ride today, and despite the heavy downpour, managed to get a good feeling for the bike. I do have some questions though concerning the Sherman Slider (2003) though. It's feeling quite sticky and even seems to get stuck in its travel. I'm thinking it just needs a little bit of lovin', but I was wondering if there may be some underlying problem here?

Also, general comments about the frame and any of its components would be GREATLY appreciated...

biker3

Turbo Monkey
that bikes looks in perfect condition. I have almost the same set up. 04 slider plus with a 5th in the back on an 03 gemini 900. You just need to fool with the slider are u sure itds an 03 without SPV? Mine got sticky when i was messing with it due to the progressive adjustment but I just fooled with the rebound and pressure and got it perfect. Go for the gemini you wont be dissapointed!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by biker3
that bikes looks in perfect condition. I have almost the same set up. 04 slider plus with a 5th in the back on an 03 gemini 900. You just need to fool with the slider are u sure itds an 03 without SPV? Mine got sticky when i was messing with it due to the progressive adjustment but I just fooled with the rebound and pressure and got it perfect. Go for the gemini you wont be dissapointed!
Looks sweet. I'd go for it. It looks like the 03 Slider since it doesnt have the blue knob on top that the 04s do....I dunno.

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
Originally posted by mtnbkr4235
Looks sweet. I'd go for it. It looks like the 03 Slider since it doesnt have the blue knob on top that the 04s do....I dunno.
The blue knob (rebound) is one the bottom of the right leg on my 04 slider plus. An easy way to tell might be to check and see if it has a schrader valve where you put the air in for the SPV, top of the right leg with a red 16mm adjustment for the SPV air volume surrounding the schrader.