Quantcast

Post a picture of your dog.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

I need to make some mods because there is only one belly strap and it is about a foot to long. So the damn thing slides to one side or the other while walking. She hates the rain, so we were trying to find something to help. :rofl:

<edit> Update: When I went home with the idea to modify the poncho, I noticed there are 2 elastic hoops in the back for her back legs. While she wasn't too sure about them at first, it sure keeps it from sliding around. Best part is the wife didn't see them either. :D

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
we all know the day will come when we have to say goodbye to our friends but its never easy, especially when its so sudden. Ripley was my therapy dog and my best friend. telling the doctor to go ahead with the euthanasia was easily the hardest thing ive ever had to do and will stick with my forever. its been a little over a week and our other two dogs still are waiting for him to come through the door....just like i am

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
@IH8Rice that totally sucks. Making the call to have Cooper put down wasn't easy. But when we saw just how skinny he was when we checked in at the vet, we knew we couldn't wait. The doc said "it is better to go a little early than to make them suffer later".

Abbey is awesome, don't get me wrong. But Cooper holds a special place in my heart. Hell. Rudy does, too (her ex's dog that I inherited). Finding him gone in the back yard less than 2 weeks later still makes me crazy.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
we all know the day will come when we have to say goodbye to our friends but its never easy, especially when its so sudden. Ripley was my therapy dog and my best friend. telling the doctor to go ahead with the euthanasia was easily the hardest thing ive ever had to do and will stick with my forever. its been a little over a week and our other two dogs still are waiting for him to come through the door....just like i am

He looks like a good pup. Sorry for your loss....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

She was sitting up. leaning against the wife. She looked at me and tried to put her head on my shoulder, leaned over and fell asleep like this.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

When you're only ready for fastballs, life throws you a curveball when you least expect it. Two months ago I lost my best friend and Tuesday we said goodbye to wife's best friend, Bently. His sickness became too much for him too fast and it's sadly come to the point that we had to say goodbye. what started out as a routine check on pea sized lump in his groin, turned into a grapefruit sized mass in less than 3 days rendering him nearly immobile. our one remaining dog has taken the disappearance of his last friend super hard as are we...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

When you're only ready for fastballs, life throws you a curveball when you least expect it. Two months ago I lost my best friend and Tuesday we said goodbye to wife's best friend, Bently. His sickness became too much for him too fast and it's sadly come to the point that we had to say goodbye. what started out as a routine check on pea sized lump in his groin, turned into a grapefruit sized mass in less than 3 days rendering him nearly immobile. our one remaining dog has taken the disappearance of his last friend super hard as are we...
:(

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

Snuggle the fuck out of his grief. Thanks for being a good dad.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

She hates the rain
the bluetick coonhound my brother and i had in knoxville hated the rain....he would shit and piss off the front porch of the house into the alleyway/street if it was raining....heard the mailman one morning cussing because he nearly bit the dust slipping on a freshly minted pile.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

Condolences from me and mine amigo, remember that dogs arent here for a long time, they are here for a good time.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
IMG_2731.JPG

Dogs on trail...recently adopted the black one, as his Mom could not keep him due to a move to Hawaii. They have now been christened Harry and Lloyd...best pals and brothers from other mothers.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
the bluetick coonhound my brother and i had in knoxville hated the rain....he would shit and piss off the front porch of the house into the alleyway/street if it was raining....heard the mailman one morning cussing because he nearly bit the dust slipping on a freshly minted pile.
I ended up getting one size bigger. She'll go out back to do business if you make her, but it is funny to see her go out the back door, hit the patio, turn around and try to come back in if she gets wet. But put her rain coat on and she's all happy.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Meet Pixie. My hairier other daughter. She is awesome, but I swear raising a puppy from 8 weeks old is harder than a newborn child. She also answers to: WTF did you just do? Jesus Tap Dancing........
Son of a....Damn your puppy teeth are razor blades.... etc...
Love this little turd to pieces though. From 8 weeks to 5 months.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Meet Pixie. My hairier other daughter. She is awesome, but I swear raising a puppy from 8 weeks old is harder than a newborn child. She also answers to: WTF did you just do? Jesus Tap Dancing........
Son of a....Damn your puppy teeth are razor blades.... etc...
Love this little turd to pieces though. From 8 weeks to 5 months.

Blue heeler?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

#doggoals

She likes to watch the Purina Incredible Dog Challenge. :rofl:

She fetches a frisbee, but won't catch it in the air yet. I had to buy a Kong Extreme because the frisbee she speedholed.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
So Zoey (our Golden Retreiver pictured in this thread) has a mast cell tumor on her side that has to be removed day after tomorrow. Apparently it's malignant and they'll test it once its out to see how serious the chance of spreading is. Bummed that she won't be riding and running with me for a few weeks and can't really bring myself to truly think of what could happen... she's only six. :(
Just wanted to say something and ask for positive thoughts/ healing vibes, etc.