Quantcast

Post a picture of your dog.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Poor Dog-o, hoping for the best.

Sam and I have a new hobby since it's been hot as shit, watching WCs on the ipad outside, she's no nearly as into it as I am

I eat steak, she eats steak

And her new squirrel hunting blind, no way she'll ever catch one, but she tries

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Abbey turns 1 on Friday, the wife did a photoshoot in the backyard this morning. Abbey crossed her paws herself, she looks so dainty.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Homegirl was sprawled out asleep between the wife and I. When the wife got up, she slid off the pillow, but she didn't get up. She would have hit the deck, but the footrest saved her.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Thanks again for the encouragement on Zoey. She's recovered well from surgery, and now we just have to keep an eye on her and hope no tumors come back!
Here she is, day after stitches came out, refusing to be left at home as we pack for the beach :rofl:
IMG_5211.PNG

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Exploring Joe's back yard. She was 2 feet behind me all the way down to the first gate. But the way back she lead by about 20 feet. She didn't go to far and when she wasn't paying attention, I ducked behind the wood pile and she came to the spot she last saw me. I could not be happier with this damn dog.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
It's been a difficult few days. Kona was dropping weight, not eating as much, and walking funny for several weeks, but she's so fluffy we didn't notice the weight until she had a bath Saturday, I've been feeding her plenty of meat and rice and such to supplement the dog food she was ignoring, and she has had spinal issues for years that sometimes go before they get acute, and when they get to the point where she really can't walk on her own, we and the vet know the routine. She has come out of it fine each time. So this time... they checked her blood and found that her liver had about failed--say a high value was 100, she was at 4,000 and their machine didn't go any higher. Same with her platelets. There were some others, but the vet basically told us that it was time. We were shocked and not ready, so we took her home. She promptly started having issued breathing, standing on her own, and either couldn't move or didn't realize she had diarrhea-ed all under herself and she just laid there. She threw up everything she ate, which wasn't much. She was so strong this whole time she never once let us know she was hurting, though I know she must've been. We took her back to the vet yesterday afternoon. She was so calm... I said I needed a sign, so she drank some water and threw it right back up. I swear it was on purpose. She's clever like that. So we said goodbye.

She was with me for 13 years. That's most of my adult life. I got her just after I graduated college and my old dog had been hit by a car and killed. I swore I'd never get another dog, but... We lived in a tent in the snow together until I got knocked up. She was there for me when I was alone and pregnant. She helped me raise my son until we met Buffalo and Ernie and we made a family. She once ran away for 15 days, and when we found her she was emaciated with a broken leg, but she lept into Buffalo's arms when we saw each other. She got sweeter every year and I cherish every memory. My heart is aching. I am so grateful for my humans. We are leaning on each other. We've lost both Ernie and Kona now, and aren't quite sure how to function in a dogless home.

I'm also totally lost. What to dogless humans do with leftovers? Who knocks over and drinks the unwatched beers? Who will let us know when someone is knocking at the door? Who, really, who, will lay right behind me while I cook to ensure the floor stays clean? Who will chase us on our bikes through the woods? Who will Lucas slip unwanted food to? Who will guard the house? Snuggle on the couch and keep me warm? Smile at me any time day or night? Join me on walks? *Sigh* I miss her terribly. Thanks for listening.

TLDR: We said goodbye to Kona yesterday. I miss her.

(Kona with a Kona beer ;))

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It's been a difficult few days. Kona was dropping weight, not eating as much, and walking funny for several weeks, but she's so fluffy we didn't notice the weight until she had a bath Saturday, I've been feeding her plenty of meat and rice and such to supplement the dog food she was ignoring, and she has had spinal issues for years that sometimes go before they get acute, and when they get to the point where she really can't walk on her own, we and the vet know the routine. She has come out of it fine each time. So this time... they checked her blood and found that her liver had about failed--say a high value was 100, she was at 4,000 and their machine didn't go any higher. Same with her platelets. There were some others, but the vet basically told us that it was time. We were shocked and not ready, so we took her home. She promptly started having issued breathing, standing on her own, and either couldn't move or didn't realize she had diarrhea-ed all under herself and she just laid there. She threw up everything she ate, which wasn't much. She was so strong this whole time she never once let us know she was hurting, though I know she must've been. We took her back to the vet yesterday afternoon. She was so calm... I said I needed a sign, so she drank some water and threw it right back up. I swear it was on purpose. She's clever like that. So we said goodbye.

She was with me for 13 years. That's most of my adult life. I got her just after I graduated college and my old dog had been hit by a car and killed. I swore I'd never get another dog, but... We lived in a tent in the snow together until I got knocked up. She was there for me when I was alone and pregnant. She helped me raise my son until we met Buffalo and Ernie and we made a family. She once ran away for 15 days, and when we found her she was emaciated with a broken leg, but she lept into Buffalo's arms when we saw each other. She got sweeter every year and I cherish every memory. My heart is aching. I am so grateful for my humans. We are leaning on each other. We've lost both Ernie and Kona now, and aren't quite sure how to function in a dogless home.

I'm also totally lost. What to dogless humans do with leftovers? Who knocks over and drinks the unwatched beers? Who will let us know when someone is knocking at the door? Who, really, who, will lay right behind me while I cook to ensure the floor stays clean? Who will chase us on our bikes through the woods? Who will Lucas slip unwanted food to? Who will guard the house? Snuggle on the couch and keep me warm? Smile at me any time day or night? Join me on walks? *Sigh* I miss her terribly. Thanks for listening.

Sorry for your loss, it hurts more than losing that crazy uncle. I was in this position a year ago and I still miss my beloved cat even if I got two crazy furballs that make me company now. Cherish her memories and save another pup.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

That's a really nice tribute to Kona, Skibunny. I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

Many who have spent a lifetime in it can tell us less
of love than the child that lost a dog yesterday.
Thornton Wilder

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I cry sometimes when others peoples dogs die. Even when I have never met the owner or the animal. I like when you all share your dog love.