Quantcast

Post your 2013 ride.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Actual weight is 18.8kg with real cranks and tubes, but the more important rides-like weight is 14.2kg. They've further developed anti-gravity with this release so it rides very light. But I'm waiting for the G3 as it also comes with a time machine and personal teleporter. :)

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Actual weight is 18.8kg with real cranks and tubes, but the more important rides-like weight is 14.2kg. They've further developed anti-gravity with this release so it rides very light. But I'm waiting for the G3 as it also comes with a time machine and personal teleporter. :)
Just cause you've self engineered yourself into believing your bike is the b all and end all of bikes. Why do you need to break my balls for what I like and believe in?
I think the Zerode feels like it rides lighter than it is because of its uncommon amount of centralized weight, and less weight out back being exaggerated by the length of the swingarm. I've never stated it's the lightest bike out there and yet you've made some mantra out of it to mock me and discredit Zerode. I don't think reducing the weight of bikes now that they're below 19kg for the average bike doesn't outweigh the benefits the Zerode has to offer. If you do, that's fine. It was just a simple statement by me "they ride lighter than they are" in regards to the weight not being a huge issue IMO. It wasn't some huge conspiracy, or marketing ploy, just a simple statement made by someone who doesn't think a bike under 19kg is a hassle to ride. Anyone can try it out for themselves. Purely to show the differences of weight distribution on a bike. Grab a bike with seat tube bottle cage mount, fill the rear tube with 750ml of water(to eliminate the effects of gyroscopic forces on the wheel you really should tape 750grams of weight to end of swingarm instead), ride bike. Drain tube into a water bottle, mount on bottle cage on seat tube. Bike is the same weight overall, tell me what feels lighter when riding.
I'd never say negative sh!t about somebody's new bike, I think it's really lame, same with repetitively harassing someone on a public forum, even if it is hidden as some light hearted joke.

Last edited:

StyledAirtime

Monkey
May 24, 2006
NewZealand
You best get the g2. The g3 has the time machine but it has a douche bag detecter.
It won't let you ride it.

Sick bike no skids. Still stoked on my g1
But that g2 is fresh.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Just cause you've self engineered yourself into believing your bike is the b all and end all of bikes. Why do you need to break my balls for what I like and believe in? ......
Now you really have to spread some negative rep around to all those people that make the 'rides lighter' joke. ;)

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Glory stays strong for another season. Painted it myself here in the northeast winter prison.

Wishing it was warm.

Last edited:

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
norbar

haha i imitated zerode owners :D

actually, it is pedalable despite weight. im slightly annoyed that I couldnt find air compressor with psi measure to boost up those air cans on Sunday afternoon in the little town. So it was light ride only and it is cold outside.

thanks,also have fun with your bike ;)

another pic

48096_576665602346092_31771300_n.jpg

Last edited:

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
The dh fleet, my and Batman's bike.

Specs on request, and you have to excuse the quality, i am not a camera guy in the least.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
@Tomasis - When you're shooting in snow (or other bright backgrounds) the camera tends to under expose the shot. You have to compensate either on the camera or afterwards on the computer. See the difference?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
My 38 lb 951 rode heavier than my 43 lb Zerode G1 does. I really love this bike.

Last edited:

Dodgysam

Chimp
Jan 23, 2013
Finally got to take my zerode for a thrash on some real steep DH on Monday.

SO good!
It sure doesnt feel like a 40+lb bike when its between ur thighs.

eater

Monkey
Nov 25, 2005
Switzerland
but the the alfine sector is to fat.. nonstop contact with leg shoe pants and ankle when tread.. and the shock position down side is horror and the 300gr wight save "rear mech casette" i can't notiz!
the only thing i notiz is the 1.6KG more wight between the legs when i ride the short berms to keep the frame from left to right.

sale a large zerode g1 frame like new, for 2000$ shiped

Last edited:

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
but the the alfine sector is to fat.. nonstop contact with leg shoe pants and ankle when tread.. and the shock position down side is horror and the 300gr wight save "rear mech casette" i can't notiz!
the only thing i notiz is the 1.6KG more wight between the legs when i ride the short berms to keep the frame from left to right.

sale a large zerode g1 frame like new, for 2000$ shiped
Every bike is a balance of compromise, pick the one that best suits you, and your needs. Most people have no issue with Zerode width or weight. If you do, then good call choosing something else. Enjoy.

eater

Monkey
Nov 25, 2005
Switzerland
Every bike is a balance of compromise, pick the one that best suits you, and your needs. Most people have no issue with Zerode width or weight. If you do, then good call choosing something else. Enjoy.
this is my personal feel whit the zerode g1 frame.
positiv on the zerode g1 frame is the short rear chain stay and the super fast rearward travel. i changed to a other rearward travel bike where is no issue with the width.

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
this is my personal feel whit the zerode g1 frame.
positiv on the zerode g1 frame is the short rear chain stay and the super fast rearward travel. i changed to a other rearward travel bike where is no issue with the width.
What are you riding now?

I've never noticed the width of the G1 or the weight.