Quantcast

Post your 2014 rides!

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
It's teh offseason and I am bored.

No changes for me this year. Maybe a new frame color in the future.
Still happy with everything :thumb:
I see a trailbike in my near future.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO

May swap out fork and throw the Dorado Pro back on it. Hoops are okay will go the 823 route....

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
float 40? what do you not like about the fork?

ive also wanted to try out a dorago for the longest time as well..
Just time to get it dialed in right. I am still a little off from where I want it to be. I dont think I can get it as small bump compliant as the Dorado is. Even with very little LSC it just isn't as subtle.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
hey,

does your headset creak? (yours has pinch bolts on it, right?) i have a buddy who works in a pretty high end shop.. needless to say, he likes to talk **** if its not a spesh or an SC.. he'd always rant about how badly these headtubes would creak, and ive always wondered if its true or not

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
i dont have pinch bolts.. this is a 2011 supreme 8 (comes with single crown fork, fox RC shock, no name wheels/hubs ext ext )
the supreme dh has the pinch bolts to alter +/- 3 degrees H.A, and adjustable wheelbase( i think )

this has no adjustments what so ever, so i am glad that the build feels very good overhauled with DH components on it

i enjoy it alot more than my 06 morewood izimu

i can see the head-tube area making creaking noises though

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland

not quite finished yet, Adding a new XT drivetrain in a 2 by 10 and plasti-dipping the rims.
I would think plasti dipping your rims would make them super heavy. Wouldn't powder coat be better?

Here's my new ride. It is sitting a little over 29lbs. with super gravity casing tires. My buddy just made me a -1* tapered headset for it too.

Last edited:

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009

not quite finished yet, Adding a new XT drivetrain in a 2 by 10 and plasti-dipping the rims.
Very nice - though why on earth would you plasti dip rims?!
It's not like they are super expensive either - just ride them.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I would think plasti dipping your rims would make them super heavy. Wouldn't powder coat be better?

Here's my new ride. It is sitting a little over 29lbs. with super gravity casing tires. My buddy just made me a -1* tapered headset for it too.

That's a mint looking bike. If only it wasn't so crazy expensive. Maybe someday.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Very nice - though why on earth would you plasti dip rims?!
It's not like they are super expensive either - just ride them.
Because for 5 bucks i can temporarily change their color without even having to unlace the wheel. When im done i just peel it off

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Wife and I will both be on our 2012 TR450's again. Both of us are hoping to get new trailbikes but that may have to wait one more season.

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Shoot, Demo9 does't care about weight, he rides gnarcore!

I will be rocking the 2011 Demo again for at least the first part of the year.

And my trail bike this year is the Troy. I have never had this much fun on a trail bike!

-Brett

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
i dont have pinch bolts.. this is a 2011 supreme 8 (comes with single crown fork, fox RC shock, no name wheels/hubs ext ext )
the supreme dh has the pinch bolts to alter +/- 3 degrees H.A, and adjustable wheelbase( i think )

this has no adjustments what so ever, so i am glad that the build feels very good overhauled with DH components on it

i enjoy it alot more than my 06 morewood izimu

i can see the head-tube area making creaking noises though
bummer (well, i guess not for you).. i am really curious if it is true or not!

Last edited:

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA

My 303R is a bit long in the tooth but is still serving me well . . . and it's paid for. Will get a couple new Renthal bits and, hopefully -- finally -- a ti spring. R-One will be retired for new RST Killar as soon as production versions available.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Dunno if their customer service is better in the US, but in Yurp they don't sell spares anymore, so you have to book a full service. When the fork comes back from service it has new scratches on the stanchions that, of course, were "there before". :mad: Further it is like flipping a coin to get a reply from them when you send an e-mail.
As much as I like the performance of the fork, this keeps me from owning another BOS.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Dunno if their customer service is better in the US, but in Yurp they don't sell spares anymore, so you have to book a full service. When the fork comes back from service it has new scratches on the stanchions that, of course, were "there before". :mad: Further it is like flipping a coin to get a reply from them when you send an e-mail.
As much as I like the performance of the fork, this keeps me from owning another BOS.
Then send it to Sportsnut.