Quantcast

Post your 2014 rides!

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
Well, thank you for that! I dont have anyone to ride with, and refuse to pay what the LBS charges for 'demo days' (might as well be called 'bend me over day'), so unfortunately its going to be a bit of a stab in the dark.. oh well, im used to it now. ;)

anywho, ill just be buying frame only, so i doubt it will be the new 2014 model.. ive got a little bit more time, i just want to figure out what i really want.

thx again
B

edit:
btw, nice username working for giant. ;)

edit2:
topic, heres a couple week old shot of her. ive been trying to trade it for an entourage (although not had much luck)

Last edited:

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Haha, my mate is also a Giant mechanic. The new Glory does rock. Saw a whole bunch of the pre-production ones at his house last week, and it sure as hell does look immense. He's got the new Trance carbon personally too, and it's definitely the only other bike I'd consider riding in stead of my Banshee Spitfire for AM duties.

The new Glory is just so nice and neat, really looking forward to giving one a spin soon.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
New EndurBRO whip.

Pike RCT3, Vivid Air, XX1 drivetrain, Formula RO brakes, Hadley hubs with Ti spokes and Light Bicycle 35mm rims, Reverb stealth with Silverado SLT seat, Race Face SIXC bars and Atlas 35 stem.

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
New EndurBRO whip.

Pike RCT3, Vivid Air, XX1 drivetrain, Formula RO brakes, Hadley hubs with Ti spokes and Light Bicycle 35mm rims, Reverb stealth with Silverado SLT seat, Race Face SIXC bars and Atlas 35 stem.

Nice. Can you give me some input on the Troy? Im looking at building a bike I can do some enderpo stuff with and at the same time be able to do some shuttles on. My V10 got stolen last Dec so Im without a bike ever since. I moved to the palm springs area, close-ish to big bear. Currently looking at the sb66 plastic, Chilcotin and Troy. Cheers.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Nice. Can you give me some input on the Troy? Im looking at building a bike I can do some enderpo stuff with and at the same time be able to do some shuttles on. My V10 got stolen last Dec so Im without a bike ever since. I moved to the palm springs area, close-ish to big bear. Currently looking at the sb66 plastic, Chilcotin and Troy. Cheers.
I chose this bike after I tried one at Interbike. I liked how agile if felt, and it was a surprisingly great climber. It's a 27.5 wheeled bike, so keep that in mind as the other 2 bikes you're interested in use 26 inch wheels. I've ridden a SB66 alloy, and it wasn't bad. It's really hard to go wrong with bikes in this category these days...

Freeridin'

Monkey
Oct 23, 2006
Colorado
Smith happened to dominate Crankworx on the Troy and it seems to get the rep as a mini dh bike....its a trail/enduro/AM bike. Just saying... I wish the numbers were a little more aggressive.

The Endorphin fits into that line up more so than the Chilcotin. Both incredible bikes, just depends on how much you intend to pedal it.

Last edited:

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
I know this isn't a 2014 model, it's a 2013. ...it's a 2013 because I built it last year so how about we call it a 2010 model - right up the middle??

Iron Horse 6POINT8 Frame - Syntace Rims, Stem, Pedals; HOPE Hubs, Brakes; SDG Saddle, Seatpost; FSA Crankset, Headset; Renthal Handlebar, Chainring; WTB Tires; RockShox Suspension; Shimano Drivetrain.

p4pb10765502.jpg

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Sinister R9
Frame is almost 9 years old and still going strong, still relevant today... its aged better than a lot of frames from the same time. 39 lbs

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
I know this isn't a 2014 model, it's a 2013. ...it's a 2013 because I built it last year so how about we call it a 2010 model - right up the middle??

Iron Horse 6POINT8 Frame - Syntace Rims, Stem, Pedals; HOPE Hubs, Brakes; SDG Saddle, Seatpost; FSA Crankset, Headset; Renthal Handlebar, Chainring; WTB Tires; RockShox Suspension; Shimano Drivetrain.

View attachment 115305

Looks nice Muddy. Why the crazy drop stem? Also, do you know what tune Vivid you have?

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Looks nice Muddy. Why the crazy drop stem? Also, do you know what tune Vivid you have?
Huh - I though you and I were fighting tooth and nail, whatever. My Vivid has been worked-over by RockShox Authorized Service - it's kitted w/ M Rebound/L Compression.

The Stem has me better placed over the crankset. I've got some odd proportions for being 6ft; the bike feels great.

kawasakidj

Chimp
Apr 23, 2014
Fresno, California
Just joined the forum, been lurking for about 6 months now though. Went ahead and ordered a 2014 Canfield Jedi, Sean was a cool dude to work with. I'm coming from a Specialized Status2. Will post pics when it shows up :D

Last edited:

rsullivan

Chimp
Mar 9, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Awesome. ...look forward to a ride you never believe. ... absolutely love mine along with all the other Canfield bikes I own.... hands down the most rider oriented company out there....

Gelbwurstbrot

Monkey
Jul 31, 2004
Franken, Germany
brumm brumm

large_P4111835.jpg

Bikepark saison is just starting in Germany.
Can't wait to be back on a DH bike. My 2013 DH saison has been stoped very early because I totaly destroyed my shoulder at the end of May.

Gelbwurstbrot

Monkey
Jul 31, 2004
Franken, Germany
I do not know the weight. I am carbon fetishist but not a weight weenie :D

But it is quite light ;)
It has proper brakes and tires and decent pedals with a steel axle und pins.
And the Carbocage chainguide is considerably stronger than an e.13 or MRP.

I am 175 cm (5 feet 9 inches) and the bike is a size large with a 28 mm Straitline stem and a -1.5° angle set.

There are also two other bauties :)
My and my wifes Trailbike

2014-03-08 17.37.31.jpg

but I have to say I am a Santa Cruz dealer. So I haven't paid the retail price.

Maybe I will weight the V10 tomorrow.
But I only have a bathroom scale.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
2014 GT Sensor with a lot of upgrades include the amazing Pike, E13 wheels, Race Face cockpit, and some parts from my old bike. The bike is so much fun to ride. Felt like riding my Sunday but even more controlled.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
lol it's a double bro but I think I have a feeling it will be a single eventually with a the new E13 42 EX cog. You are correct the Expert comes with a triple but that is a Race Face crankset. This is the XT from my previous bike.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Picked this up today. Other than the lack of end plugs on the bars and a tired rear tire, this thing is golden.

Last edited: