Quantcast

Post your 4x/DS bikes

illu

Chimp
Dec 14, 2007
I guess you can click on pics to see fullsize, theyre huge :)

Specs follow:

Zumbi Voodoo 15" frame
Fox 36 Float R shortened to 120mm
Spank tweet tweet rims with Hope Pro2 hubs
Shimano Saint cranks
MRP Podium chainring
e13 LG1
Straitline stem
Specialized enduro handlebar
Shimano Saint SS shifter+der
Hayes Stroker Trail brakes @ 160mm
SDG I-beam I-fly post+saddle
Random Hope bits here and there

Last edited:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
woooohoooo! nice ride...shoulda poached DS practice saturday at Lees Mcrae.

This rain can suck it!
No doubt. I think I still have my college ID somewhere.;)
I bet it was a gong show on that course this weekend.
I am going to try to finish building my single lane slalom run
in this weather, because riding it is out of the question.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
No doubt. I think I still have my college ID somewhere.;)
I bet it was a gong show on that course this weekend.
I am going to try to finish building my single lane slalom run
in this weather, because riding it is out of the question.
Herndon did a really great job with the grading, because it was tacky...no mud. The only thing dirty on my bike is the tires. We were all blown away by how competitive racing was in the wet. it was 1st-Tim Price>Geoff Fryer>Motomike (on his izimu!)>Me...so it was sweet!

My house this friday-sunday so you know what that means:thumb:

motostu93

Chimp
Sep 16, 2007
santa barbara, CA
Heres my 4x stallion

Frame is a one off frame that was produced for one of the Honda Iron Horse team riders. Rock Shox Revelation 426, Mavic Crossride, Juicy Carbon, Sunline Stem/Bar, X.9 Trigger, X.0 Derailleur, Holzfeller OCT, WTB Devo, E13 Lg1, Xpedo Mag Force, 991 Chain/Cassette, Truvativ XR
24 lbs.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
finally got my DS bike....im still debating on the fork.
I won a 32 F100 RLC for the Platty series, but i also have a 36 Talas R. the F100 is a ton lighter but id like to sell it and make some coin. if i keep it, i would need a QR front wheel. if i keep the 36, i have 3 extra 20mm front wheels to use.
w/ 36 Talas:

with 32 F100:

-Transition Bank-large
-Fox 36 Talas or 32 F100 RLC
-Chris King 135 10mm rear wheel on Mavic 729...various front wheels, all on Hadley Hubs
-Sram X9 rear der./X9 gripshift
-Sram 12-26 caseette
-RF Atlas FR cranks
-Gamut P40 chainguide
-Thomson seatpost
-Hayes DH Mag brakes
-blah blah blah

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I would take the security and stiffness of a 20mm over the light weight of a qr any day, but thats just me the extra pound or so will be hard to notice in most situations... Nice bike.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I would take the security and stiffness of a 20mm over the light weight of a qr any day, but thats just me the extra pound or so will be hard to notice in most situations... Nice bike.
thats what i was thinking. i havent used a QR wheel in 9+ years and i dont think id want it on something im gonna race on and thrash on.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
My two rigs. I had to take a few parts from my hardtail to build up the new blur but I will get it back and running asap.

05 p1
07 Argyle
Deetrax
E.13 lg1
Holzfeller cranks
Formula Oro brakes
36t ring with 11-26 cassette

2007 Blur 4x, fox rp23
Fox float 100rlc
Ringle hubs on suv rims
Juicy 7's
e.13 lg1
Holzfeller cranks
34t chainring with 11-34 cassette for the climbs

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2009
Sorry for the crap phone-cam pic, this Spooky Bandwagon's currently being built up in the UK:

Waiting for some goodies to drip onto it, will post better pics up further down the line.

Not sure if my own rig below counts, it's dressed up more for hardcore trail riding but I'll drop it in anyways......

Last edited:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Sorry for the crap phone-cam pic, this Spooky Bandwagon's currently being built up in the UK:

Waiting for some goodies to drip onto it, will post better pics up further down the line.

Not sure if my own rig below counts, it's dressed up more for hardcore trail riding but I'll drop it in anyways......

Lee,
We only have 2 of those Bandwagons left from the last batch, so let people know that if they want them, the should get in contact with us soon. That candy grape is frikkin rad!

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I guess I'm late to this party. Picked up a 2011 Transition Double on clearance from their website. Just getting started on a build. I have the Transition Revolution wheels and lightly-used 2009 Marzocchi 4x fork. Still looking into drivetrains.