Quantcast

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
chicodude01 said:
The real question is, Which is worse for you, Smokin a bowl, or blastin down the side of a mountain at full speed on a bike? I've never seen anyone get broken ribs from smoking........
I keep breaking glass bongs. That's dangerous. Very dangerous.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Lexx D said:
I agree no bearing on you. If you really feel this way why come in here and state that drugs=losers? I agree if you smoke crack your a loser, but my smoking a bowl in the privacy of my own home makes me no more of a loser than you opening a beer after a long day of work.
Because I'm a mod here, and just in case little Timmy's parents is on this site to see what he/she looks at I don't want it to appear like we condone that type of activity here. This is a public site which means ANYONE can access it, get the picture now?

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
people are high on life stoned or sober. it's all crap anyway. what's the point? the biggest problem with smoking pot is the **** you have to put up with from other people.

sure, smoking is bad for you. so is the air in the city. EtOH is much worse than MJ. so are cigs... except i need em for mixing.

Little Timmy's parents probably make him believe in Santa Claus (he ain't even American). Little Timmy's parents tell him drugs are bad, even though they have no idea what they are talking about. They are merely regurgitating the verbal diarrhea spoonfed to them by some right-wing fat man (like Michael Moore) who'll lose money on his tobacco, alcohol, oil or whatever business he's in to keep the rest of us down.

Weed is definitely NOT as demonizing as the war on drugs makes it out to be. It has been smoked for ages, and guess what?!?!?!?! The world still turns. There are drugs that will mess up your life if you allow it happen. MJ is definitely not one of them (for 99% of the retards on this planet). Have you ever heard of someone stealing to feed their weed habit? the movie Reefer Madness was fiction, y'know... propoganda to serve someone's agenda.

So, everyone, take your ability to reason about something and put it to good use, like stopping famine, human rights abuses, homelessness. Stop beating up on a plant that could have great potential for the masses. If you don't want to do it, fine! Don't do it. Otherwise, let this thread be about what it was started for. there are plenty of pot-related political debates in that other useless forum - some even started by me.

By the way, anyone ever try them C-crackers?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Lexx D said:
I agree no bearing on you. If you really feel this way why come in here and state that drugs=losers? I agree if you smoke crack your a loser, but my smoking a bowl in the privacy of my own home makes me no more of a loser than you opening a beer after a long day of work.

:stupid:
Weed is no worse for you than booze. Case closed. At least once a year there is some college kid in the valley that dies from alcohol poisoning. I've never heard of any one dying from somking too much.

Plus, I'd much rather encounter someone who is baked off their ass than someone who is drunk. :oink:

Justintime

Chimp
Nov 20, 2004
Santa Cruz
Slein, that was very inspirational.

A major problem in our society is that people are groomed from childhood to believe what they are told. It's definately not in the best interest of any governing body to have people think for themselves.

The vast majority of people who smoke pot enough times to experience its qualities will be pro-legalization. The problem is that people come onto this thread without ever getting "high" and then criticize others on a topic that they couldn't know any less about.

In summary:

1) If you come to this thread and haven't gotten high, shut your mouth. You're ignorant. Don't shove your non-educated viewpoint on us.

2) If you come to this thread and believe that pot is inherently bad, it might be time to wake up to the world around you. Learning is a constant process.

Here is just one resource for people who want to expand their knowledge:

Exposing Marijuana Myths: A Review of the Scientific Evidence

(This report, written by John P. Morgan [Professor of Pharmacology, City University of New York Medical School] and Lynn Zimmer, exposes the various myths surrounding marijuana usage. Read. Learn. Expand.

Oh, and to Brian HCM:

Maybe it's time to get your priorities straight? Little Timmy has to grow up just like the rest of us. I agree that marijuana shouldn't be used by those who are still maturing, but that's not the only variable. Let me relate a hypothetical situation to you:

Jimmy spends his early childhood believing D.A.R.E and other propagandists. Later, most likely in high school, he'll be exposed to marijuana through his peers. He may try it. If he does, and likes it, and realizes that DARE is a big lie, he may try other harder drugs, since, after all,as DARE teaches, POT IS AS "BAD" AS OTHER DRUGS, RIGHT?

Ignorance is never the answer. It's only a band-aid. Parents should raise their own children. It's not your job, nor is it mine, to instill values in other children. Free speech was part of the constitution for a reason.

PS- just for the record, talking about pot on an open forum doesn't mean that the forum admins agree with the topic. It's a place for free discussion, not a personal website. To quote Jon Stewart, "stop hurting America".

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Justintime said:
Oh, and to Brian HCM:

Maybe it's time to get your priorities straight? Little Timmy has to grow up just like the rest of us. I agree that marijuana shouldn't be used by those who are still maturing, but that's not the only variable. Let me relate a hypothetical situation to you:

Jimmy spends his early childhood believing D.A.R.E and other propagandists. Later, most likely in high school, he'll be exposed to marijuana through his peers. He may try it. If he does, and likes it, and realizes that DARE is a big lie, he may try other harder drugs, since, after all,as DARE teaches, POT IS AS "BAD" AS OTHER DRUGS, RIGHT?

Ignorance is never the answer. It's only a band-aid. Parents should raise their own children. It's not your job, nor is it mine, to instill values in other children. Free speech was part of the constitution for a reason.

PS- just for the record, talking about pot on an open forum doesn't mean that the forum admins agree with the topic. It's a place for free discussion, not a personal website. To quote Jon Stewart, "stop hurting America".
Justintime, you're not even 20, I have 2 samll children right now, one is 5 and the other is 1 1/2, I will do all I can to detour them from trying drugs as my wife never did touch them. You'll change your tune if you ever have kids.......Trust me on this one, YOU WILL change your tune.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Justintime said:
Slein, that was very inspirational.

A major problem in our society is that people are groomed from childhood to believe what they are told. It's definately not in the best interest of any governing body to have people think for themselves.

The vast majority of people who smoke pot enough times to experience its qualities will be pro-legalization. The problem is that people come onto this thread without ever getting "high" and then criticize others on a topic that they couldn't know any less about.

In summary:

1) If you come to this thread and haven't gotten high, shut your mouth. You're ignorant. Don't shove your non-educated viewpoint on us.

2) If you come to this thread and believe that pot is inherently bad, it might be time to wake up to the world around you. Learning is a constant process.

Here is just one resource for people who want to expand their knowledge:

Exposing Marijuana Myths: A Review of the Scientific Evidence

(This report, written by John P. Morgan [Professor of Pharmacology, City University of New York Medical School] and Lynn Zimmer, exposes the various myths surrounding marijuana usage. Read. Learn. Expand.
I think that Brian's response has something to it. Also, I do not agree with your summary points. I have met plenty of people who are against any sort of mind-altering drugs (alcohol included) because of principles. Plenty of people throughout history have been opposed to any sort of drug that affects the body or mind (including caffeine etc.). While I might not agree with their ideals, I accept their reasoning.

Justintime

Chimp
Nov 20, 2004
Santa Cruz
Brian, I understand that it's essential to take care of your children. Hell, I'll probably have the same stance as you in twenty years. I do, however, believe that sheltering your children from even reading about drugs is not the right way to go. I mean, if they can get to a site like Ridemonkey, they have the capacity to learn about drugs elsewhere.

Besides, wouldn't you take your kids aside when you think they're ready and tell them about drugs? I would feel pretty bad if the first place that my kids heard about drugs was on some bicycle website.

I'm not condoning child pot use.

Rogers- I'm not saying that people should or shouldn't smoke marijuana. If someone is against mind-altering substances, then they definately have that right. But they shouldn't poke their nose in here.

If someone doesn't like marijuana, then they should keep out of this thread. There is nothing here for them. And no one wants to hear their principles. Religion has that area very well staked out, thank you.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Man, i hate those propaganda machinies, they have convinced my Dad that weed is SO dangerouse. He thinks that it is so potent, and all those other false views. IT MAKES ME SO MAD!!! also my other sheltered friend has the same view, he thinks that if u smoke marijuana more than twice a day itll KILL YOU??? wtf, and im sick and tired of people saying it kills brain cells! ggrrrrrr

did u know that their are cells in the brian that make Canaboid receptors?

its like the south park where the DARE type program tells them lies and the kids find out but their parents wont fess up, its just totall horse ****. Telling people the truth is the right thing to do. i totally agree with justintime here. If kids in the middle of nowhere believe DARE, then try weed, theyll probably say wtf, they lied about weed, why crack or heroine?

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
i'll give you all one guess how i feel about it, and weather or not i smoke it up. :)

no really try to guess, i dare you....go on....do it.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
chicodude01 said:
Plus, I'd much rather encounter someone who is baked off their ass than someone who is drunk. :oink:
I donno, some drunk people can be pretty funny :p

My body is already messed up as it is, smoking weed would probibly give me a seisure or something :p

I have yet to smoke, just about all my friends have but I don't really see the point. Costs a lot of money and is a temperary fix. I will most likely try it at some point in my life but I don't feel that I need it now. Being 15 i feel that I have pleny of time to experience things in life, no need to rush stuff.

Its a win win situation I get more money to spend on my bike and I don't end up hurting myself physically or mentally, and yet still manage to have a good time. :)

Hopefully everybody figures out what they want to do before getting involved in things that can stick with you for a while..... :blah:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Justintime said:
Brian, I understand that it's essential to take care of your children. Hell, I'll probably have the same stance as you in twenty years. I do, however, believe that sheltering your children from even reading about drugs is not the right way to go. I mean, if they can get to a site like Ridemonkey, they have the capacity to learn about drugs elsewhere.

Besides, wouldn't you take your kids aside when you think they're ready and tell them about drugs? I would feel pretty bad if the first place that my kids heard about drugs was on some bicycle website.

I'm not condoning child pot use.

Rogers- I'm not saying that people should or shouldn't smoke marijuana. If someone is against mind-altering substances, then they definately have that right. But they shouldn't poke their nose in here.

If someone doesn't like marijuana, then they should keep out of this thread. There is nothing here for them. And no one wants to hear their principles. Religion has that area very well staked out, thank you.
Its not a matter of sheltering, I smoked weed for years, I saw what it was doing to me (not good) and chose to stop as I relized what was happening wasn't good. The last time I ever lit up was Dec 1989, I felt it was time to start going forward in my life so I made that decision to do so. I will not and can not shelter my kids from doing or trying drugs, but I've been there and can hopefully guide them away from it as a lot of the time it doesn't lead to positive results.

Brian HCM#1 said:
Its not a matter of sheltering, I smoked weed for years, I saw what it was doing to me (not good) and chose to stop as I relized what was happening wasn't good. The last time I ever lit up was Dec 1989, I felt it was time to start going forward in my life so I made that decision to do so. I will not and can not shelter my kids from doing or trying drugs, but I've been there and can hopefully guide them away from it as a lot of the time it doesn't lead to positive results.
Your going to be a great parent.

Alot of people that have smoked and choose to be jerks about drugs are nothing but hypocrites. I smoked and I will tell my kids about it when it's time. Just because you smoked isnt a reason to be all closed minded about it. I tell my kids that drugs CAN hurt you and that over time will do bad things to your brain. I hope that they listen to me. But it's all about the way you talk to them about drugs. If your a hard ass about it, it's usually an instant turn off. Be sympathetic and TALK to them about it, and they'll listen.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I wish my dad were like that. Instead hes a totall ass hole and is very stubborn. He caught me smoking once, he has this friend of his whos kid was ruined by weed, he apparently sat in a tee pee for 5 years of his life and skied aspen. So he thinks weeds a one way track to hell. i think weed can deffinetly be legalized, and if it were it should deffinetly be monitered and stuff, just like booze. Im only 15 but i know my Dad isnt going about the right way about drugs, be all jerk off about it. But ive already made up my mind.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
mack said:
I wish my dad were like that. Instead hes a totall ass hole and is very stubborn. He caught me smoking once, he has this friend of his whos kid was ruined by weed, he apparently sat in a tee pee for 5 years of his life and skied aspen. So he thinks weeds a one way track to hell. i think weed can deffinetly be legalized, and if it were it should deffinetly be monitered and stuff, just like booze. Im only 15 but i know my Dad isnt going about the right way about drugs, be all jerk off about it. But ive already made up my mind.
Well parents all have different veiws on right & wrong. My dad too was an asshole or at least I thought so at that age. It turns out he was just trying in his way "right or wrong" to keep me on the good path. When I was younger I hated my dad as we always fought, now we are best buds. I still think the way he went about things was wrong, but now I realize where his intentions were and appreciate it more now that I look back on it. Your dad only wants whats best for you, maybe he F'ed up as a kid and this is the only way he knows of keeping you on the right track.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Justintime said:
Please scroll back a few pages and read my thoughts on this subject.

That's idiotic. Not having gotten high doesn't make someone ignorant, and the people who are against mind-altering substances in any form for their own reasons have just as much of a right to "stick their nose in" as you do.

Don't be so damn arrogent. Blanket statements on either side ("drugs=losers", "not having smoked=ignorance") are stupid and pigheaded. Arguments like yours do absolutely nothing to further the education and understanding of people who don't smoke - it only turns them off to anything intelligent you actually have to say.

PS- just for the record, talking about pot on an open forum doesn't mean that the forum admins agree with the topic. It's a place for free discussion, not a personal website.
Try again, there, tough guy. This is, in fact, a personal website. Your "freedom of speech" means nothing here. You want freedom of speech, go picket on the White House lawn. Send emails back and forth. This website is owned by a private individual and he can moderate (or designate to moderate) how he sees fit.

To quote Jon Stewart, "stop hurting America".
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Oh, please. Stop with the melodrama.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Wow, great thread, obviously lots of views on this subject.

As some of you probably know from my posts, I like to burn the weed. :cool: Probably explains a lot to some of you.

Used to smoke as much as a few times a day, now more like once a week or so. Also used to smoke for work, rides, just about anything. Again, now not so much.

Personally I think pot is not any worse (or better) than alcohol. It's a recreational drug that should be used in moderation. All the arguments about people being stoned at work, while driving, etc., are all good arguments against alcohol too, but they just don't fly. Some people will abuse anything you give them.

Example: I'm a Ridemonkey junkie. I can't get enough, I ignore my friends, my work, my family and just sit here for hours sometimes. This stuff should be illegal. Then maybe I wouldn't do it.
:rolleyes:

The US tried prohibition of alcohol and the general consensus is that it was an experiment that just didn't work. Similarly, in due course the country will legalize pot and realize that the experiment of making it illegal just doesn't work. It's so common we don't even need a network of underground "speakeasies" like we did with alchohol during prohibition.

Abuse of pot is no worse than abuse of alcohol. Spare me the talk about it being a "gateway" drug that will only lead to harder stuff. If you think that's true, go watch Reefer Madness and wish for better, long-gone times when men were men and knew that the only proper drugs came in a bottle. You know, McCarthy and all that.

To suggest that the only drugs that are "ok" are the ones that are legal is to put logic aside and submit your blind faith to the arbitrary determination of the government that pot is evil. Yeah, we all need to obey the law but come on.

And please, will you people stop saying that the only people who get stoned need to escape reality? I smoke because I want to, not because I need to. Same way some people drink a beer, smoke a cigar, eat twinkies or...ride their bikes. Or do all of those at once!!

Issues034

Chimp
Nov 21, 2004
Lee, MA
Bubblers are hands down the best way to smoke it, and blunts if ya got a fews people, and "magic brownies" are pretty good if I do say so myself.

naz243racing

Chimp
Dec 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
ATXjimATX said:
Alcohol and weed are both detrimental in their own ways. Both can mess your life up. Not saying they will; but they can.
Here's an idea
try Finding a way to live your life so that you don't have to get high or drunk to enjoy it.....
just an idea....
i got kicked out of school, moved out of home, i smoked a lot, id be stoned from the minute i was awake till i went to sleep, if i didnt smoke i couldnt eat, if i didnt smoke i couldnt sleep, if i didnt smoke i was moody.

im all for drugs, but not when you have such a depence as i did, after a while i realised, **** me what the **** am i doing, i just stopped smokin one day, ive never felt better i eat regulary(i lost alot of weight, becuase i could ONLY eat when i was stoned) i have semi normal sleep patterns (3am-8am)

i am no way a anti-drug campaigner, im just saying dont over do it, i enjoy my occasional E n that, n i havent had a smoke in a bout 4 weeks. i dont really save that much money, coz i spend the bud money on cigarettes :P

politcally pot is a joke, ye its a lipid and can stay in your system for upto 3 months depending on body fat, but with all drugs it will only **** you up if you develope a depence, i mean come on you get stoned u laugh a bit, u get hungry, u drink excessivly (in the same context as smoking) u lose all bodily control, you get rowdy, you do things you wouldnt do when your sober.

and the saddest part about alcohol, is that society has such a dependence on this drug just to be able to socialise, seriously when have you ever met a girl/guy when you were sober. its a joke, if alcohol wasnt so socially accepted it would be illegal.

most illicit drugs in my eyes are less harmful than alcohol, think about it, the effects of E, you get lovvvy, you want to hug everyone, ketamine you just dopy, pot i think we all know the effects, coke well thats another matter. speed just amps youu up a bit.

weed though is bad its a lipid, when you smoke the THC(theres 2 forms very similiar), it enters your bloodstream and your brain absorbs it, what leaves your brain is the other form of THC and gets stored in your body fat.

i once heard that if THC wasnt a lipid it wouldnt be half as bad.

alcoholics can end up just as ****ed as drug****ed people, but people percieve the alcohol ****ed people as druggies.

i hate when people say Weed is a 'gateway drug' this is just another media term, well here(in auz) weed is the cheapest drug so ofcourse people are going to buy it first, but that doesnt mean just because you try it first your gonna get hooked and want to move onto harder drugs.

i still find nice a strong hash brownies are the mellowiest high ive ever had, bongs are good for gettin ****ed but so anti social, joints are socialbe if you dont mind some being wasted.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
naz243racing said:
most illicit drugs in my eyes are less harmful than alcohol, think about it, the effects of E, you get lovvvy, you want to hug everyone, ketamine you just dopy, pot i think we all know the effects, coke well thats another matter. speed just amps youu up a bit.
While I agree with some of what you said, the above statement is just stupid. I don't have much experience with E, so I can't really comment but I have seen what happens to people who do too much K, coke and speed. They are all very nasty addictions. I have lost friends to these drugs. Some overdose, while some just lose touch with reality (And not in a good way). To say that speed "just amps you up" is not only dumb, but irresponsible. :dead:

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
All chems can be dangerous... But if someone develops a harmful addiction to Ketamin, they were going to end up doing something else that is a result of depression, lethargy, or a weakness in character.

The true gateway drug is nicotine.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
there is no safe drug. period. legal or not. Caffenine isnt safe and neither is Pot. That doesnt mean that the should be illegal. Ive seen guys whose lives have been pissed away by pot, other pissed away by drinking. Thats not to say they cant be used under safe conditions, but too much of anything isnt good.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Clark Kent said:
All chems can be dangerous... But if someone develops a harmful addiction to Ketamin, they were going to end up doing something else that is a result of depression, lethargy, or a weakness in character.

The true gateway drug is nicotine.
:rolleyes: to both of your comments.

I know plenty of people who've gotten into drugs but don't smoke.

...and your blanket statement about Ketemine (spelling?) is absurd. You could suggest the same thing about any drug and it's not necessarily true.

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
binary visions said:
:rolleyes: to both of your comments.

I know plenty of people who've gotten into drugs but don't smoke.

...and your blanket statement about Ketemine (spelling?) is absurd. You could suggest the same thing about any drug and it's not necessarily true.
Kind of the point I as trying to make with the gateway drug comment..... For most folks, the gateway drug is whatever happens to be around to break the ice..... Always gets me mad when folks call pot the gateway drug.... We might know alot of folks with drug problems who dont smoke fags, but in fact, nicotine is the first addictive substance most of us come in contact with. :mumble: :oink:

mammothpunks

Chimp
Sep 27, 2004
Mammoth
Brian HCM#1 said:
I can legally walk into ANY store to purchase them, last I remember with pot you can't. If you can show me a store in the USA where they sell it legally, I will appolgize.

Go to oakland some time. Several stores there where you can buy whatever you want - seeds, clones, equipment, herb, hash, edibles - pretty much everything any smoker would ever want. You need your medical card, but you can pretty much go to the doctor, give him $150 and tell him you have a sore back and you can get a card.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
mammothpunks said:
You need your medical card, but you can pretty much go to the doctor, give him $150 and tell him you have a sore back and you can get a card.
Your whole point is irrelevant.

I can go get morphine from the local pharmacy with a prescription, and if I give my doc enough $$, I could probably get said prescription. That doesn't make it legal, right, moral, or anything other than abusing the system.

You think Brian goes to his doc and bribes his way into a prescription for Dunhill's finest? :rolleyes:

yeehaarider

Monkey
Dec 26, 2004
Saugus, CA, 91390
hmm....this reminds me of the time i went mountain biking with my buddy cory on the handle bars...stoned off our asses...omg...now that i think about it, we could have like...died..lol...good times....the best thing i do is just roll a bunch of zig zag joints, or like the one time me and cory emptied a cigar and stuffed it with bud...now thats a fun time...