Quantcast

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
clancy98 said:
a cigar... usually a phillies blunt, is split open, hollowed out, then rolled with pot.
Also, you can roll the cigar back and forth in your hands to loosen the tobacco, and tap it out, thus hollowing the cigar without cutting it open. Often referred to as a "Gotti".

Also, it is generally regarded as a waste and something that hacks who don't know how to roll their blunts do :p

mack said:
i think that no drug is safe, but that doesnt mean that i condone their use ;)
Uh, do you know what "condone" means?

You just said that you don't think that drugs are safe, but that doesn't mean that you encourage people to use them.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Brian HCM#1 said:
Drugs = Losers, sorry peeps had to say it. Obviously if you need drugs or have the desire to try drugs you have a problem.
Brian, drugs users = loser? Dude, way too broad of a generalization! For example:
I ski moguls and ski them REALLY hard, and as result, get sore shins known as boot bang. If you’ve ever skied, you know this can get pretty bad. Because of this, I resort to vitamin I. Ibuprofen, despite that it's over-the-counter, is a drug. I use it like a kid eats M&Ms, 800mg morning and night on my ski days. For me, this is DEFINITELY a performance enhancing drug as it keeps me skiing at a pace that I couldn't without it. And as for the legality argument, well, you can get MJ as a prescription (despite what the DEA and Feds regards as whatever schedule), the same as you can prescript strength ibuprofen. So then, am I a loser for not just using drugs, but a performance enhancing one at that. It’s legal, but not in the amounts I use. I need a prescript for that kind of amounts. Or better yet, how's about all those ppl on MJ for medical reasons? For some of them, they'd die w/o MJ and what it does for them? Yes, “for” them. MJ does have beneficial side effects.
I think some peripheral thinking should be exercised with statements like "drugs users = losers", or even more accurately for this thread, “MJ users = losers”. If it was formed as "drug/MJ abusers = losers", then I'm whole hearted on your side. As it stands, your original statement is very narrow-minded and inaccurate.
I understand you about wanting to protect your children. And, if you or anyone ever do anything in front of your youngin’s, that person isn’t fit to be a parent and should have their kids remove and then beaten savagely for being stupid (the parents). And like that other kid in the begining of this thread, I've still yet to figure out why alcohol is "OK"? But, just like the D.A.R.E. example a few pages back, a better approach may be to tell them the truth instead of sheltering and lying to them. When they’re old enough, take them for a drive on the “cheap” side and show what drugs/alcohol does to people. I apologize in advance for coming across as telling you how to raise your kids; not my intention, only a suggestion.

mattyb

Chimp
Mar 13, 2004
gloucester, ma
speaking of potheads, i served at camp lejeune from 97-98. when i checked into my unit and was introduced to my platoon, one of the first things they asked me was if i smoke weed or if i can get some. i cracked up but they were serious. you wouldnt think there was a pot problem in the military with all the strict rules. needless to say most popped on a piss test after a long weekend in myrtle beach. served a month in the brig and got kicked the hell out.

You know the one thing that you would think that soldiers would avoid in a comabt zone is drugs. Oh how wrong was I. I was the unit urinalysis NCO and I had to send 10 soldiers to Manhiem in Germany, from Mosul Iraq, to serve 90 days in jail for it. There only excuse was "I'm stressed out and I didnt have any outlet available". When they got out, they get sent back to the states and were kicked out on a dishonorable. Thats the "your screwed till the day you die" discharge. That follows you your whole life.

Yeah, its worth it to do drugs in a warzone.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
drugs=losers?

caffine is textbook drug, which is highly addictive and habit forming and creates withdrawls in heavy users is abused by practically everyone. your gonna call practically the enitre population of the planet a loser?

and imo, drug testing, military, job, probation, whatever.... is an invasion of privacy and should not be legal. period

and as far as pot is concerned, it is much less harmful than alcohol in all aspects except legal ramifications.doesnt make alot of sense to me. drinking to get drunk is a waste of time and life. i'd rather eat a brownie any day

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
boostindoubles said:
and imo, drug testing, military, job, probation, whatever.... is an invasion of privacy and should not be legal. period
:rolleyes:

I'm not even sure where to start with that absurd statement. My blanket response would simply be: if you can't avoid drugs while you're in a situation where you'd be drug tested, then you have an addiction/self-control problem and you may very well fall under Brian's label of a "loser".

Probation: you f'ed up. Now you pay for it. Drug testing while on probation shouldn't even be a question - straighten up and fly right, or go the hell back to jail. Why do you think it's called probation? They closely monitor your behavior to ensure that you're not on a bad road again. If you're doing drugs, you're probably on a bad road.

Military: Suck it up. You joined the military, now you gotta quit doing drugs. Boo hoo.

Jobs: Ahh, I see, so we can let any drug addict with a resume work on your medical devices now, eh? Production work for industries that drug test is usually not very technical and there is a high turnover rate, so they need a generic test to screen out the serious problem people. If you are even remotely aware of your surroundings, you will know that the company you're applying for drug tests: so frickin' quit. Other jobs, such as governmental jobs, hey - you know they're going to happen. Quit doing anything for six months and you'll be fine: do you think you can hold out that long?

I like to think of drug tests as I.Q. tests. If you go to one with drugs in your system, or put yourself in the situation of random drug testing (which, by the way, I don't agree with) with drugs in your system, you've failed the IQ test, moron ("moron" not directed at you, boostin, but at the idiot that failed the test).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
boostindoubles said:
<snip>and as far as pot is concerned, it is much less harmful than alcohol in all aspects except legal ramifications.doesnt make alot of sense to me. drinking to get drunk is a waste of time and life. i'd rather eat a brownie any day
I recently heard a compelling argument *against* the legalization of pot from an ER doc. Her reasoning was that, unlike alcohol, someone impaired by weed can't be easily quantitatively proven to be "under the influence"......... and as an ER doc this scared her in some very pragmatic ways.

-S.S.-

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
binary visions said:
if you can't avoid drugs while you're in a situation where you'd be drug tested, then you have an addiction/self-control problem and you may very well fall under Brian's label of a "loser".

Probation: you f'ed up. Now you pay for it. Drug testing while on probation shouldn't even be a question - straighten up and fly right, or go the hell back to jail. If you're doing drugs, you're probably on a bad road.

Military: Suck it up. You joined the military, now you gotta quit doing drugs. Boo hoo.

I like to think of drug tests as I.Q. tests. If you go to one with drugs in your system, or put yourself in the situation of random drug testing (which, by the way, I don't agree with) with drugs in your system, you've failed the IQ test, moron ("moron" not directed at you, boostin, but at the idiot that failed the test).

hey no offense, and i even found a point to agree with you on. random drug testing is very bad. the main reason i dont like drug testing is not the forced honesty policy, but the tests themselves. To fail a UA for alcohol, you basically have to show up drunk. For speed and opiates(huge number of drugs) you have to be within 3 or 4 days of use to catch it on a UA.

and our ol friend doobie can last up to 3 weeks in a fat lazy heavy smoker. '

so for any half brained moron, you can do all these potentially lethal drugs with little to no fear(if your on top of your ****). while me, if i decide to have a puff one evening, have to watch my diet and exersize for the next 8 days to burn out the THC.

UA's in my opinion are only effective in busting pot smokers. while the coke abusers, tweakers, and smack heads all can slide thru probationary, or workplace UA's with little caution.

and i also agree that anyone who is facing UA's and continues to smoke is just digging a deep, deep hole. Like i said earlier, the legal ramifications of smoking herb are very severe. not rightly so.

many people who abuse drugs do so because of issues in other areas of their life. While someone on probation or in treatment may be having their drug abuse problem addressed, the real problems dont even get brought up, and people still abuse drugs after treatment or probation.

VA2SLOride

Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
If you want to smoke herb and it's going to be a consequence-free environment, then who really cares? Wheather its going to be rolling down smooth singletrack or sitting on your couch, its up to you, man....I've been smoking now for well over a decade, and it's totally a state of mind over matter. I graduated college in 4 yrs, made deans list, and started racing all while smoking my ass off. Unless you really get busted or are just a complete retard about it, IMHO, it's all good.

Just ask Peter Tosh.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
boostindoubles said:
To fail a UA...
...alcohol, you basically have to show up drunk...
...speed and opiates(huge number of drugs) you have to be within 3 or 4 days of use...
...doobie can last up to 3 weeks...
I agree that it seems a little skewed that the most inane of drugs is the easiest to catch on a drug test, but I just have to take the hard approach and say that drug tests are not suprises. You will never be drug tested in your life without some kind of warning - whether it's an actual warning that a drug test is coming, or simply knowing that the place you're applying at or situation you're putting yourself in requires a drug test.

Therefore, they're easy to pass - suck it up and quit for a while. Especially for something like weed whose addiction is strictly psychological.

SkaredShtles said:
I recently heard a compelling argument *against* the legalization of pot from an ER doc. Her reasoning was that, unlike alcohol, someone impaired by weed can't be easily quantitatively proven to be "under the influence"......... and as an ER doc this scared her in some very pragmatic ways.
That's interesting... I wonder if the issue is simply that nobody has developed a test for it yet, since it's an illegal substance?

However, I don't see that as a particularly compelling argument. Many of the negative effects of weed are the same effects of extreme tiredness (slowed reaction time, difficulty paying attention, inclination to fall asleep), and you can't quantitatively measure how tired someone is, either.

Measuring the extent to which someone is drunk is important and has ramifications on the person's behavior that could be dangerous to people around them (i.e. they could be violent, or irrational), not to mention determining how close they are to going into a coma or dying. With someone who's extremely baked, the worst you get is a tendancy to be incoherant or appear tired, and you can't effectively smoke yourself to death.

The only place where I can see a problem with weed is when driving, coming up with a measurement to determine the point at which someone is "intoxicated" - and I would again wonder if it's simply that nobody has devoted resources to coming up with such a test.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
quadricolour said:
Blunts are for wankers.

Tobacco + weed = :dead:
I used to think the same way; now my opinion is mixed.

RE: Blunts, you get what you pay for. If you buy a cheap cigar- one that has an artificial binder like a Phillies, you might as well pack it with commercial grade because the crappy wrapper and binder ruin the taste anyways. If you use a fine quality cigar and a fine quality ganja, it can be a very pleasant experience. I personally prefer buying fresh pressed tobacco leaves by the 10-count and rolling them around KB sift for my spliffs.

In Amsterdam, most of the locs roll their blunts(actually, spliffs) 50/50 tobacco:weed. I didn't like the taste of that no matter how many times I tried it. I did meet this nice older Turkish gentleman at Lucky Mothers, though, who rolled me a spliff of black Turkish tobacco(fresh, not stale) which he combined with hashish he fluffed off his personal egg-sized stash. Now that was nice.

Overall, my favorite spliff was one I made with two doublewide papers that I loaded up with Bubbleberry and sprinkled with nederhash and Scottish bluecap flakes before sealing it up. I was blasted to the stratospere off that one and it tasted great.

VA2SLOride

Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
As long as we can experiment with multiple sexual partners and mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment, I'll be sound as a pound, baby....

-A.P.-

And throw in a sweet downhill to boot

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
VA2SLOride said:
That sounds deeeeeee-lish. Fredneck Md? Former VA guy here.
It was. The best tasting one I've had in the past year was rolled with a little BC love called Romulan X Chemo.

Fredneck is what Frederick is affectionately called by those taken aback by its large population of hillbillies.

Me too. I got sick of the traffic and poor riding in Arlington, Alexandria, Annandale, Fairfax, Springfield, etc. and all the other holes where I lived so I moved up where the congestion is less and the riding better. Had I been able to find a decent-paying job in Radford/Blacksburg/Christiansburg after college, I'd still be living there.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
VA2SLOride said:
If you want to smoke herb and it's going to be a consequence-free environment, then who really cares? Wheather its going to be rolling down smooth singletrack or sitting on your couch, its up to you, man....I've been smoking now for well over a decade, and it's totally a state of mind over matter. I graduated college in 4 yrs, made deans list, and started racing all while smoking my ass off. Unless you really get busted or are just a complete retard about it, IMHO, it's all good.

Just ask Peter Tosh.
I just earned a darn nice GPA this semester with plenty of THC in my system also. I am not a wake-and-bake person, but it is a nice way to cap of a hectic day, or just to relax WHEN PRUDENT.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
SDminitrucker said:
have any of you guys tried salvia? Its a drug still legal. Search for it online
one fat bong toke of the 10x salvia extract sent my mind bending for about 20 minutes. It was sketch and intense

Last edited:

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
it just dumped like 9 in of snow here and nothing compairs of smoking and sleding.... exsept maybe drinking and sleding, that will be tonight.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
quadricolour said:
Blunts are for wankers.

Tobacco + weed = :dead:

Blunts are all right. I don't know how to roll them, and I can't buy cigars, so I never smoke them. I really like bubblers and bongs, but I can't own one because I have no place to hide it. I usually smoke from smaller glass pieces.

I bought the best bud I've ever had last week....then I got caught saturday and had to get rid of it. unfortunate.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
T-Pirate said:
<snip>
I bought the best bud I've ever had last week....then I got caught saturday and had to get rid of it. unfortunate.
Friendly advice: it's probably a bad idea to admit this sort of stuff on a public forum.............

It could come back to haunt you.

If you don't care, then by all means carry on.

-S.S.-

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
T-Pirate said:
I thought you guys might appreciate some macro work.

Just thought these were kind of cool and didn't want to get yelled at in the lounge for posting them.
Very nice. I prefer a 2 foot glass water pipe myself (Shhhh! don't say BONG! :D ). I try to keep it super clean and change the water often. I find pipes to be a bit on the harsh side, though I di value their convenience, I want to give a vaporizor a try, anyone used them? What do you think?

Not sure you can get busted for posting in a forum that you aquired some pot. Now if you were running around saying that you were GROWING pot, then yeah, that would be stupid. I think LEO has better things to do than monitor a bike forum for hippy kids who have a little pot.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Ciaran said:
Not sure you can get busted for posting in a forum that you aquired some pot. Now if you were running around saying that you were GROWING pot, then yeah, that would be stupid. I think LEO has better things to do than monitor a bike forum for hippy kids who have a little pot.
Agreed, I'm more worried about people preaching about my life turning into a sesspool of crime and drug usage because I smoke pot.

I really like "2 foot water pipes" but with the parental issue I reallly can't rock anything bigger than my current piece....MAYBE sometime I'll get a nice bubbler but probably bats and bowls untill college for now.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i take my chillum out on bike rides and for mobile toking. its one of my favorite pieces. gonna get some use real quick now. time for a ride