Quantcast

PR Armageddon - Lopes and Ellsworth join forces

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Well, normally I'd say I'd be a trainwreck, but after Trump, anything is possible.

Plus, the new Ellsworth's have "Active Energy". You can't even top that.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
This is probably the best news in the history of athlete sponsorship. I can't think of two industry pillars who deserve each other than Ellsworth and Lopes. In my wildest dreams I could not imagine a more apt place for Lopes to see out the twilight of his career.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm thinking we should start calling up Ellsworth to determine exactly how much "Active Energy" this bike has...Remember, it's the first bike ever with it.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
No, of course not. Didn't you read his twitter post? If there's no tiny dog on a pillow, then he's straight.

When I was 13 I went to the Mt. Snow NORBA national and got photos taken with some pros. Lopes was one of them. It was rainy and cold. I'll let you guess whether or not he had a shirt on in the photo.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No, of course not. Didn't you read his twitter post? If there's no tiny dog on a pillow, then he's straight.

When I was 13 I went to the Mt. Snow NORBA national and got photos taken with some pros. Lopes was one of them. It was rainy and cold. I'll let you guess whether or not he had a shirt on in the photo.
he's contractually obligated to wear a shirt no more than 2 hours and 10 minutes a day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
also, this really makes me miss HBCCTin1990. they shit all over lopes. and ellesworth. they'd have a fucking field day with this.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
There's some compelling new theory of relativity occurring here, where old, useless and irrelevant things have attractive forces towards one another. Interesting..

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Jesus I thought his douchebaggery was a bit exagerated but now I don't feel bad with mocking him
There was 90's/00 documentary on a group of DHrs in CA that put on an annual race on a famous trail called Telonics. Lopes was at the height of his career and entered the race, won and then proceeded to rub everyone's nose in it. Total dick about winning.

I've seen him race and the dude is freakin fast. But I liked watching him get beat more.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
There was 90's/00 documentary on a group of DHrs in CA that put on an annual race on a famous trail called Telonics. Lopes was at the height of his career and entered the race, won and then proceeded to rub everyone's nose in it. Total dick about winning.

I've seen him race and the dude is freakin fast. But I liked watching him get beat more.
We have one local pro like him here (values people on how fast they are, is a dick to everyone slower, not riding all the time) too but it's easier to mock him since he is so slow (hovering around top10 on the nats) that he had to go masters as soon as he crossed 30. Love the pros that go masters ASAP.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Dude, WTF? Why not 25 or 20? Are people older than 30 showing up with walkers?
Well the UCI doesn't allow it but you can always forget to renew your license for the first race of the season that always has decent prize for the non pro cathegory and win it to boost your ego

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Have you seen many shirtless d-bags riding Ellsworths? Maybe they are trying to reach new demographics.
You may be onto something here. Perhaps its the inevitable progression of Next Level Enduro Kit™ -
The 2018 TLD Enduro Specific Jersey:

• Minimalist construction (i.e. its invisible)
  • Guaranteed custom fitment
  • Allows you to park in handicap spaces because people think you really are mentally disabled
  • Easy to wash and pack
  • Can change the color with use of spray-on tan products (or via melanoma inducing sun exposure)
  • Superb wicking performance
  • Made in the USA
  • Ships to you instantly upon purchase

ONLY $175.00

Also strongly endorsed by Randy!

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
I think it's almost poetic in it's beauty; when Ellsworth were at their least unpopular they would have killed to have Lopes on the team but he was already too big a name. Now both brands are where they are and finally it all clicks, missed each other on the way up but caught each other on the way down.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
You may be onto something here. Perhaps its the inevitable progression of Next Level Enduro Kit™ -
The 2018 TLD Enduro Specific Jersey:

• Minimalist construction (i.e. its invisible)
  • Guaranteed custom fitment
  • Allows you to park in handicap spaces because people think you really are mentally disabled
  • Easy to wash and pack
  • Can change the color with use of spray-on tan products (or via melanoma inducing sun exposure)
  • Superb wicking performance
  • Made in the USA
  • Ships to you instantly upon purchase

ONLY $175.00

Also strongly endorsed by Randy!
Wowza. For a second I thought you had stolen one of my pictures. Creepy moment.

On a related matter, where do I order this novelty product? Shall I page @stiksandstones?