Quantcast

Pre Custom Paint Photo of my 1986 Colnago

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
This is my luged steel 1986 Colnago. I'm going to swap out the silver thomson for a black one, use an SDG ti fly for a saddle and I don't plan on using the stem that is on there. The driveterrian is mix of Record and Chorus with a FSA carbon crankset, FSA ti bb and Mavic Cosmos for a "classic look." I plan to have the frame painted metalic dark blue with the lugs painted white.

jts

Chimp
May 19, 2004
That is sweet! I love the old lugged Colnagos. The new(er) carbon ones don't do it for me. Post your post-paint pic when its done.

Now all you need a is a chrome fork with a panto crown!

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Wow! I can't really imagine a better paint job than that red....HOT!

Nice bike you got there, I dig the old school steel/carbon mixture.

Classy ride.

The Ito

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Hehehe, cold blue steel. So hard the cat can't scratch it :D

Edit: I think steel/carbon is a great mix. If I can get rid of my De Rosa (2), I'd have someone make me a lugged Zonal nivachrom front w/ carbon seat stays. But I think it might be kinda hard to find teardrop shaped lugs tho. I still think the GIOS CompactPro is one of the most sexy "modern" lugged steel frames. Check it out: http://www.gios.it (in the frames link)

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
mmm, yummy, I want to ride that, but it looks way to small for me. Was that a recent picture? If it is you are really lucky IMO. It is like this

here right now, it's freeeeezing out, I can't wait untill the summer.:)

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Yeah very cool, it's like old school but with a new touch hard to explain...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Not to moan, but that Mutant stem is cool looking but awfully heavy. I always liked the pictures until I picked one up...

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
chriskaiser said:
Was that a recent picture?
Yup, it was about 85 Fahrenheit or 30 Celsius last weekend in SoCal.

sanjuro said:
Not to moan, but that Mutant stem is cool looking but awfully heavy. I always liked the pictures until I picked one up...
Yeah, the stem heavy. I only got it because it was cheap and I needed something for fitting the frame. The bike currently weights about 18 lbs without pedals.