Quantcast

Premium classified beta testers needed

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I'm going to start beta testing the premium classifieds next week. I need around 10 people that would be willing to upload text and photos to test the system.

Thanks!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i'd be down for it as long as it isnt hard to do being as how i am completely computer illiterate. do you want us to test with real ads or just test kinda stuff?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
On this topic.........can we do something about people trying to sell things with like 5 posts or less??? I go through the for sale section and see this from new people but I have a feeling it's either legit (really trying to sell it) or it's a scam (which is always a possibilty) and just as a precaution, don't wanna see any monkeys get taken on a scam.

Just wondering if there's a way to only allow paying/premium members access to the for sale section OR if there's a way to make it so people over 50 posts or something can sell in it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sounds like you have plenty of people, but if you need more testers, I'd certainly be willing to help.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Yeah noobs will be shut out of the buy and sell soon. I'm thinking 25 quality posts and good standing will be required.

Spunger said:
On this topic.........can we do something about people trying to sell things with like 5 posts or less??? I go through the for sale section and see this from new people but I have a feeling it's either legit (really trying to sell it) or it's a scam (which is always a possibilty) and just as a precaution, don't wanna see any monkeys get taken on a scam.

Just wondering if there's a way to only allow paying/premium members access to the for sale section OR if there's a way to make it so people over 50 posts or something can sell in it.

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
IE works fine however I cannot post with Fire Fox. After I click submit, to goes back to the market login page and does not list the item. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Carbon Fetish said:
IE works fine however I cannot post with Fire Fox. After I click submit, to goes back to the market login page and does not list the item. Does anyone else have the same issue?
Please post issues in the testing forum.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
can everyone see that testing forum, or just those with an account (i can't see it)? did you contact those who had an account created?

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Only people put in the beta test group can see the forum.

If you posted in this forum before and were not placed in the forum - then I probably just forgot you. I will be adding people a couple at a time.

Sorry Heidi - people in the mod group can't currently use the beta.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Ridemonkey said:
Since half the peeps that requested to take part in this have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, I am looking for a few more beta testers.

I've been trying to help. Unfortunatly, I only have one thing for sale at the moment. I've been looking around and stuff, and seeing what its like.

I think its pretty good so far, i'll see if I can find some more things wrong with it so that you feel loved :devil:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Ridemonkey said:
Since half the peeps that requested to take part in this have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, I am looking for a few more beta testers.
Yo, tax season is severely cutting down on my RM time. I'll get around to it Thurs night. Thanks RM.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
BigMike said:
Dude, you're doing it all wrong. Do like I do, have a CPA in the family :D
Ahh, too true. I am (will be) THAT guy. On the bright side though, at least I'll be able to count on my family calling me at least once a year for advice (and too catch up on old times of course...).

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Ridemonkey, I have a complete bike for sale in the regular Buy/Sell section that you can use for the Beta section. Let me know...