Quantcast

presta and schrader

neoboy

Chimp
Sep 5, 2001
PI
I just want to know what's the difference between presta and schrader. On my bike right now are valves that are the same with what i have in my car. Are these presta or schrader? Can i interchange using any of these tubes on my bike?

Thanks. :)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by neoboy
I just want to know what's the difference between presta and schrader. On my bike right now are valves that are the same with what i have in my car. Are these presta or schrader? Can i interchange using any of these tubes on my bike?

Thanks. :)
You have schrader valve. You cannot interchange the two tubes. The hole in the rim is a different size. Here's what a presta valve looks like:

Hope this helps.
________
Bmw N53 History

Last edited:
M

MuDHoG

do you guys really have that stem on your cars too? never seen those on car tires before......you can interchange once if you have a drill and are sure you don't want to go back to the other tube with that rim...:D jus being a dumbass!!!!! but it's true

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
its just a rim...drill it out!!! just make sure to get all the burrs. then if you go back to presta, bike shops sell spacers to fill the gaps so when the tube is inflated it doesn't get cut on the edges.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Originally posted by Heidi

You have schrader valve. You cannot interchange the two tubes. The hole in the rim is a different size. Here's what a presta valve looks like:

Hope this helps.
WOW, what great advice.

All hail Heidi!