Quantcast

Price point is going out of business.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i got the email too.

what i find interesting is that their inventory went from being substantial (i was looking just last week), to almost nothing today. they have less than 50 different items left. something shady must be going on.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I was getting those stupid 'CrAzY" emails daily, but didn't click on them cause I was getting them too often and they were things like wheel sets and helmets... Things I don't need. I just figured it was NOS anyway.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I recently missed out on bearings for my enduro that were going for like 95 cents each. I didn't know that this is why... Bummer

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i got the email too.

what i find interesting is that their inventory went from being substantial (i was looking just last week), to almost nothing today. they have less than 50 different items left. something shady must be going on.
I am sure they simply sold their inventory to another retailer.

And this is what happens when you don't support your online bike shops.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
remember any of the details about it?
None, I'm kinda sad, these guys always had good prices and good service, and Marisol was always friendly when I talked to her on the phone.

I just read something somewhere that was one of those "Ridemonkey Team Rumors for World Cup DH 20xx Season" type of comments somewhere, and then noticed they stopped getting new product and the inventory on everything just got less and less....I wish I had paid more attention and stocked up.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
"One day only"

For the last three months.
Word. Cause of that, I didn't click on the emails figuring it was something stupid like. "70% off one day only on Camelbak" to find out it was only the "classic" or something useless.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
FWIW, they have a lot more on their site today than they did yesterday, or even this morning. Seems like a daily check is the way to go, not sure what the deal with increasing inventory is, but I like good deals.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
For anybody getting a bit nostalgic...

I have a bunch of "Sette" stickers laying around.
For the right price, I will hook you up.
Don't delay, get a piece of history before it's gone!!

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
For anybody getting a bit nostalgic...

I have a bunch of "Sette" stickers laying around.
For the right price, I will hook you up.
Don't delay, get a piece of history before it's gone!!
Hey, you just gave me a hell of an idea. I have a badly cracked Sette xc dual suspension frame somewhere in the tool shack. Maybe I could chop It to little pieces and sell them as closing souvenirs. That worked pretty well for the folks sellling chunks of the Berlin Wall.