Quantcast

Price police needed ... what's my DHR worth?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Why are You selling it anyway?
Not sure that I am selling, was trying to determine value.
I asked as I had a line on something new, but seeing how little cash value is left in this old 26" relic ... I don't know.

Now, stoke value is still very very high in this bike. Keeping it wouldn't be the worst thing by a long shot.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Glad to hear you're not planning on ditching a DH sled, Keystone will be calling in a couple of months!

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Yeah, if you've got the room in the garage, I'd just keep it. There is still some places to DH around here.

I sometimes miss my DHR and DH racing. Enduro racing just isn't the same.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, if you've got the room in the garage, I'd just keep it. There is still some places to DH around here.
if this is directed at me - it's not a matter of space, but time. closest DH mountain is an hour and a half, and with 2 young kids just not in the cards sadly. but i'm also starting to wonder if it's at the point its just not worth it to bother selling for how little i might get for it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
relic ...
How insulting to such a sexy bike! :busted:

My DHR seems to go over roots and stuff just as well as any other 27.5" bike. And it looks better than most of them, too. :brows:

I wish I was closer to that dude selling his for $800. I'd go buy it just to have a second one.

The DHR cannot die!

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
if this is directed at me - it's not a matter of space, but time. closest DH mountain is an hour and a half, and with 2 young kids just not in the cards sadly. but i'm also starting to wonder if it's at the point its just not worth it to bother selling for how little i might get for it.
Don't do it. They'll get older, and you'll gain some freedom, and you'll want to DH, but you won't have a DH bike, so you'll compromise and take your trail bike, and then you'll REALLY wish you had a DH bike, but you'll be older and wiser and will accept the fact that you don't DH enough to justify buying another one, so you'll tell yourself the trail bike is plenty, but you'll know better, and you'll think back and try to remember how you squandered the tree-fiddy you got for that perfectly good DH bike that you wish you still had...

What were we talking about?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Don't do it. They'll get older, and you'll gain some freedom, and you'll want to DH, but you won't have a DH bike, so you'll compromise and take your trail bike, and then you'll REALLY wish you had a DH bike, but you'll be older and wiser and will accept the fact that you don't DH enough to justify buying another one, so you'll tell yourself the trail bike is plenty, but you'll know better, and you'll think back and try to remember how you squandered the tree-fiddy you got for that perfectly good DH bike that you wish you still had...

i have a trials bike. i can *always* justify another bike. right now its time / funding. by the time the kids are old enough they'll be out of daycare and funding another DH bike will be a non issue.

edit: my trail bike is a megatrail. if i was gonna take it to a park i'd put on some DH casing tires, and maybe pick up like an old marz 66 and call it a day.

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Fuck you

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Fuck you

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

We were talking about how WISE you are. Well stated, my man... well stated!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i could go on a long tear about bikes, families, and time. but i won’t. here’s the simple truth, according to me, if you’ve gone the family route and you’re comfortable but not rolling in ///monocle ///money.

i was, a decade ago, where you are now, @jonKranked. here’s the simple truth.

a.) you make time for what’s important
b.) one bike can rule them all if you’re not a bitch

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i could go on a long tear about bikes, families, and time. but i won’t. here’s the simple truth, according to me, if you’ve gone the family route and you’re comfortable but not rolling in ///monocle ///money.

i was, a decade ago, where you are now, @jonKranked. here’s the simple truth.

a.) you make time for what’s important
b.) one bike can rule them all if you’re not a bitch
Good thing I make monocle money then. Not stoney monocle level, but we're up there.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I mean, discontinued frames don't hold value for shit, right?

Large DHR $500 w/ freshly PUSH'd shock
PUSH'd RC4
'17 Boxxer WC $500
Saint 820 drivetrain (34t x 10sp) $250 - cranks, shifter/der, cassette, chain
Saint 820 brakes, 8" rotors $250 w/ rotors
Chris King hubs (20mm, 150mm) laced to LB 31mm DH rims, DT Comps & Minion DHFs $500

No real 'damage' but shows use (very clean in this pic...)

What do you think is fair asking price?
View attachment 128036
Back to parting out so I can build something new next season. Frame needs to go first. Prices above in red and offers considered.
Discounts for bundling with frame. PM me or post with any questions.