Quantcast

Pro (lol) Performance Shock Pump

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If you like wasting money, buy this thing.

https://www.pro-bikegear.com/global/en-gb/accessories/Mini_Pumps/PRO_PU_MPSUS

Had to purchase one in a pinch last summer before a trip and has been one of the biggest bike turd purchases I have made to date. Not high dollar, but simply craptacular in every way and a total waste of money.

1. The gauge on it is a joke. The intervals on the gauge go up in 25psi increments. And look at the size of the mark under 100, its 3 times wider than the needle. Useless.
  2. The release valve is right where I naturally want to hold the end of the pump. So half the time while pumping, I'm also release air. Awesome.
  3. Over the last few times of using it, it has refused to pump air into a few forks and shocks from 0psi. This almost caused a buddy to have to bail on a recent ride at the trail head. Something happened to his fork and it released the shmooo, luckily he had brought his (way cheaper) pump.
0/5 would not bang again.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
who makes the best shock pump? i could use a new one. i have an old one from trek (probably 10 years old).
The Birzman ones seem simple and effective. A friend has the Zacoo, and it's light and well-made. The manometer seems to be well calibrated.

I have a RS branded one:

Came with a fork many moons ago, and has been in my Camelbak ever since. Not very useful for big air chamber/low pressure forks, but spot on for rear shocks.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
who makes the best shock pump? i could use a new one. i have an old one from trek (probably 10 years old).
Its a pump. If it still works, I wouldn't bother replacing it. I had a rusty old rockshox one that looked like poop, but worked beautifully. This "Pro" one looks beautiful, but works like poop.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If you like wasting money, buy this thing.

https://www.pro-bikegear.com/global/en-gb/accessories/Mini_Pumps/PRO_PU_MPSUS

Had to purchase one in a pinch last summer before a trip and has been one of the biggest bike turd purchases I have made to date. Not high dollar, but simply craptacular in every way and a total waste of money.

1. The gauge on it is a joke. The intervals on the gauge go up in 25psi increments. And look at the size of the mark under 100, its 3 times wider than the needle. Useless.
  2. The release valve is right where I naturally want to hold the end of the pump. So half the time while pumping, I'm also release air. Awesome.
  3. Over the last few times of using it, it has refused to pump air into a few forks and shocks from 0psi. This almost caused a buddy to have to bail on a recent ride at the trail head. Something happened to his fork and it released the shmooo, luckily he had brought his (way cheaper) pump.
0/5 would not bang again.
That was the Enduro model.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Its a pump. If it still works, I wouldn't bother replacing it. I had a rusty old rockshox one that looked like poop, but worked beautifully. This "Pro" one looks beautiful, but works like poop.
it still "works" in the most fundamental sense. but its going to need replacement.

lobsterCT

Monkey
Jun 23, 2015
I like this one. It has a valve you can close at the pump head. Loses less air pressure when unthreading it than my other pumps.
pump.jpg