Quantcast

Pro Plus

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
So which UCI teams or individual pro racers in DHI, XCO or 4X disciplines are riding Plus bikes (or Fat for that matter) in races this season? Feel free to list pro EWS riders as well.

Just wondering.

Last edited:

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
I don't think you'll see many pros on plus tires. They squirm too much at those speeds and load ranges. They may be fine for us mortals but to get rid of squirm you need more pressure / wider rims, which negates some of the traction benefits. Plus then you are paying significant weight penalty, and there aren't even any tough casing tires on the market. I know that neko is running the plus genious with 29er wheels.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
yup-and look how squirmy he looked in that latest vid!!!

having ridden most of those trails many times i can vouch for how ridiculously hard he was shredding.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Neko is filming plus promo vids or racing em?

I edited my OP to clarify that this thread is about pros racing plus bikes in recognized, legitimate top-level race series, rather than appearing in commercials standing somewhat near to plus bikes or whatever.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Neko is filming plus promo vids or racing em?

I edited my OP to clarify that this thread is about pros racing plus bikes in recognized, legitimate top-level race series, rather than appearing in commercials standing somewhat near to plus bikes or whatever.
neko is making promo vids in which he shreds the 29plus trail bike.

the original intent of your thread was perfectly clear. no one on the monkey knows or really cares what the pros are running. if you want serious answers, head over to vital, where chit gets rilllllllllll